Coming Soon - Guild Rumbles

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Admin [Midoki], May 8, 2015.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I'm missing something I think. How will gemmers benefit from this? I'm assuming everyone will get a few set attacks, like Clash, and instead of stars, most BP wins.

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

From what we know from @Lynsey [Midoki] a rumble consists of a 24h period where 5 guilds are matched together by a combination of guild rank and PH lvl. During the 24h each guild earns bp by pvp attacks, if you happen to be matched against one of the guilds in your rumble then you csn earn bonus bp. The benefit gemmers get is in gemming troops. The more attacks they get in the more bp they win.

3. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

OK, but again, unless I'm missing something, I didn't see anything that said there would be unlimited attacks for each player. Why couldn't there just be two attacks per player, like Clash? The unfairness of allowing unlimited attacks seems pretty obvious, IMO. :)

4. Wow So really this a guild race to get most wins not a war lol....hope this isn't the wars we been waiting for 5 guilds that don't even fight eachother isn't a war . Maybe man bear is right just a part of guild wars ,I hope.

Clash pirate and swiftpirate like this.
  5. Bear

Bear Commodore

Nothing to say they would limit attacks either. Plus the fact that the guilds are not actually fighting each other makes it seem like these battles are just happening in the real game and tracked for progress. Not in a simulated battle field like CoC.

Guess midoki has a lot left to reveal.

6. MAze

MAze Powder Monkey

It would be much nicer to have a fight a captain from rival guild option when war is activated, and just limits that option to 2-5 times per war for each player. In that fight, the only trophy is BP or could add some sort of experience points. Some thoughts on this upcoming Guild Rumbles

7. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Hey everyone, let's keep our expectations realistic. This is not guild wars. This is the first of several planned guild competitions. Don't be expecting this to be like clan wars in Clash. Some people on this forum have a history of taking a simple announcement about the game and blowing the expectations out of proportion. Then everyone gets upset because the minor addition (like this first of several planned guild competitions that is not meant to substitute for guild wars) does not end up being this great PvP battle that everyone is expecting. Midoki was kind of enough to share with us before posting in game news a MINOR addition to the game. Let's be realistic in our expectations and not turn on Midoki once this Guild Rumble is released because it is not this great guild battle that everyone is expecting. We've already shot ourselves in the foot with the whole update thing, let's not blow our buttocks off to. :eek:

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  8. yeti

yeti Captain

I've played a game with what seems like this exact set up. A group of guilds war during a set period of time by getting as much (in this instance) BP as possible through going nuts in pvp (unlimited), with attacks on rival guild members giving them a corresponding reduction in BP. No prizes for guessing that the guild who gemmed the most won...if you can call it that - they won way less gems than they spent, lol. Unfortunately is looking like more of the same here...

.Lord M€G/\T|2ON. likes this.
  9. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@ yeti. I would have no issue if this rumble is as you described. Would be great if this game provided something for everyone. A competition for those who gem is great, and guild wars at a later time where gemming is not necessary to win. Any additional revenue stream for Midoki helps all of us long term. Let the gemmers gem, and those who are more conservative in their spending can reap the rewards in additional content paid for by the gemmers. Remember, participation in these competitions are optional. If it does not suit the nature of your guild, then don't participate or participate less frequently. Let the hard core players go at it and we can watch and enjoy the show.

donkeykilla likes this.
  10. yeti

yeti Captain

@Spongee sure, I agree, it is a great source of revenue for Midoki, but having played a lot of these games I just don't see the sense in going in with eyes wide shut and thinking that getting 50 people, some competitive, some not, some prepared to gem, some not, on the same page is going to be a walk in the park. I believe knowing the deal upfront will ultimately create less discontent than having unbridled enthusiasm hit upside with reality. Just my 2c.

Kelani likes this.
  11. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Agreed. For a game thats been this stale for this long we should be excited. This war system obviously favors gemmers, but who cares. Its still fun. And this game needs an infusion of fun in the worst way. Im excited.

12. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

Is it going to be a random pick?

13. Bear

Bear Commodore

It will be based on some combination of guild rank and ph levels

14. Captain Toti

Captain Toti Powder Monkey

The minimum players required for the battle ?

15. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

I'll have to double check whether we eventually settled on five or ten in a guild. Matchmaking takes into account the size of the guild.

16. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

And is it going to be the top 5 or 10 of a guild?

17. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

I guess Captains and first mates will pick who plays or not

18. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Sounds like Lynsey said minimum guild size required for Rumble would be either 5 or 10. Based on the fact it appears they are using factors of 5, I suspect it will be similar to other popular games where guild match up would be 35 vs 35, 40 vs 40, 45 vs 45, etc... So if your guild had 17 members, two of them would be sitting out the Rumble and your match up would be 15 vs 15.

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Closer, but not quite! At the moment*, although we'll be matching up guilds of the same or similar size, every single guild member who was part of the guild before the rumble started can contribute. It does mean that if you're matched against a guilds with one or two fewer/more members, then they might be at a slight advantage or disadvantage.

*Obviously as its a new feature we'll be monitoring numerous aspects and making possible tweaks.

Bear likes this.
  20. Bear

Bear Commodore

It sounds great. Honestly I think a lot of people are comparing rumbles to wars in the game which must not be named. And if I understand it right it's not exactly in the same category.