Coming Soon - Guild Rumbles

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Admin [Midoki], May 8, 2015.

1. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Lets get ready to Rumble!!

Have you ever wondered just how good your Guild is? The leaderboard is one thing, but how about in direct competition with another Guild?
    With Guild Rumbles, now you can find out! 5 Guilds pitted against each other in a race to win the most BP in PvP combat is the name of the game. How committed are you?

Coming soon in the next update!

[​IMG]

2. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Fantastic! We got a taste of that with @Arr 's rumble. Lot's of fun. Looking forward to it.

Bear likes this.
  3. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Yes!!! Best news ever!

4. Start of a new era, and hopefully a lot more guild oriented game play to come. Thanks Midoki.

5. DOMZiKE

DOMZiKE Powder Monkey

Can't wait !

6. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

First reaction - awesome! Second reaction - wait, those that gem up the most battles will win. Sadness.

7. Tex

Tex Commodore

I just hope there's a possibility to get matched against guilds of your choosing. It would be more fun battling guilds you know, rather than guilds you don't.

8. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

I'd much rather the game favor gemmers then favor exploiters. I love it. Been a loooong time sisnce I've been excited about this game.

9. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

I think you'll find that you really enjoy seeing which guilds pop up. Then when its a forum guild, or a guild you know (better yet dislike) the whole crew gets pumped up to win.

Tex likes this.
  10. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

Mmmh do we
    1) fight the other guilds or
    2) just hang out at rank1 getting the most BP from the noobs? Alternative to a rank push a BP push?

Please, please please be 1)

11. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

You don't always attack members the other guilds, but you do stand a higher chance of being matched against them, which gives you a Rumble Rival BP bonus.

You could drop to rank one, but you'll be fighting people of a similar pirate hall level (prioritising ones who have also dropped rank) so it's not going to be a walk in the park. Plus the Rumble 'tier' that your guild is placed in is based on your guild rank, so if your guild drops to noob rank, expect noob rewards. ;)

Skye, CyborgGR, Kelani and 3 others like this.
  12. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki] , ok now I'm very excited, BIG THANKS for this information , looks like a well thought out structure to prevent farming BP and also start to make it harder for those who don't have a well balanced island, so those who have gemed to PH8 without upgrading other stuff will have a total disadvantage. CANT WAIT FOR A ROYAL RUMBLE ))))

13. Fil

Fil Captain

+ 5 million.

14. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

I'm assuming your cant swap people in and out of guilds during rumble (or additions can't participate), otherwise massive abuse.

15. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Nope! If you join a guild after the Captain has selected to join a Rumble, you can't contribute to that Rumble, or get any of its rewards.

Ian and Bear like this.
  16. fricc2174

fricc2174 First Mate

So what will the reward system be like? This game is great Lynsey. I have played Clash and Samurai siege. SS had the best war system. I have deleted both games awhile back to focus on this. I think you guys have what it takes to dethrone them.

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

WIll the ability to start a Rumble be limited to Captain only, or can First Mates do it also? Sure hope it's the latter.

18. JT07

JT07 Crew

@Lynsey [Midoki], I hope that you guys have take considerations that those guilds with multiple sister and/or brother guilds will not be able to match against each other.

19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I really doubt that will happen. There's no way to know if one guild is related to another, and since rumbles are (or should be) compartmentalized, and not affect bases in the "real world", there's no reason why related guilds shouldn't be matched in a rumble.

20. Bear

Bear Commodore

I don't think they will be compartmentalized like clan wars in CoC. This seems to just be a contest to see who can get the most Bp.

We are not even matched against the other 4 guilds in the rumble. But if we do match against one we can get extra bp for winning.

I don't think this is midoki's main guild war plan. This is probably just a minor guild v guild feature to appease people, boost ratings and gem sales. Because it really will be the gemmers who will come out on top in these.

I believe the real PP guild wars is yet to be revealed.

Charles Vane likes this.