The new updates. The hype is taking over! (Official Hype & Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

"Rehire same troops", hey that was one of my requests! I will not grumble about anything in this post of appreciation.

# Johnny Doe # and James Munro like this.
  2. Bear

Bear Commodore

Woot!

3. Tex

Tex Commodore

I presume "immediately" means if you are willing to gem your entire crew. Not likely at current cost per crew. But probably, if you offered the 4 minute discount applied to the whole crew, without having to partial hire everytime. For those not familiar with the concept, it costs roughly 50% less to hire in 4 minute increments.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Gangrene Beard likes this.
  4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Most likely exactly this @Tex

5. Tex

Tex Commodore

6. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Cocobean likes this.
  7. Bear

Bear Commodore

After thinking about it, I bet it is a gem only option to instantly recruit the same crew. Like a button you can hit after a battle.

8. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

Gotta get their gems back somehow

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The way it works is that on the results screen you have your existing 'OK' button which takes you back to your island, or the 're-hire' button. If you hit the rehire button, it queues up your previous crew without you having to go back to the Tavern and manually recruit each pirate. You can either hit the OK button at this point and wait for the recruiting to finish, or you can choose to gem to instantly complete recruitment and choose to go into another fight, all from the results screen.

10. I like that!

Beck [Midoki] likes this.
  11. Bear

Bear Commodore

Cool beans! I like it. I still think a lot of people use the 1 gem for 4 minutes to gem troops for minimal gems. So unless the gem/time ratio is standardized so 1 gem is always equal to 4 minutes worth of training I'm afraid that a lot of gemmers won't use this feature.

Seriously though. I like it and will use it!

Edward Kenway likes this.
  12. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Yeah, if I'm spending the few gems I have, it's going to be in the most efficient way possible, not in bulk where it costs more. Lazy but not that much so

Edward Kenway likes this.
  13. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

14. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

@DamianWars
    Nobody will dare say an ETA.

But I will guess that the update will be out some time before the following update.

(my real guess is <6 days)

15. Novagator

Novagator Powder Monkey

Nice feature but not worth advertising. queing up your crew only take a minute.

I doubt I will ever use this function. If I gem I do the 4 minute rule.

16. Keelhauler Jake

Keelhauler Jake First Mate

Now if it worked that it would repeat the way that hired the last crew, meaning took the same time and used the same Gems then I think it would please everyone. Basically like replaying the things you did without you having to do them (a macro, recorder + replay, etc. )

Also, (may have missed this) what if you didn't use all of your previously hired crew? What happens then?

17. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

I
    was thinking the same, is the answer mmmmmmh let me think,

the button doesn't work?

18. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

@Keelhauler Jake : Also, (may have missed this) what if you didn't use all of your previously hired crew? What happens then?

I think the logical way for it to work is for it to queue the troops lost and the existing troops are simply already recruited.

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Yep, you just re-recruit the pirates you lost and they get added to your unused pirates, restoring your crew to its former glory!

awbo and Keelhauler Jake like this.
  20. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

@Lynsey [Midoki]
    Perfect! Just what I wanted. I am truly looking forward to seeing the end result soon. And with the not mentioned gemming changes that are not mentioned by anyone ever.