The new updates. The hype is taking over! (Official Hype & Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

I posted a thread warning of the GP range increase. I also think it was silly, but I think it was an attempt to help force people to stop using many of the current designs so we could get gameplay variety again.

As for materials, I try to make it so my trip averages less than an hour per monster. I can usually find a path that gets 6 monsters in 5 hours, and I find this to be a decent tradeoff. If I'm looking for just gunpowder for boomer, I do shorter trips (3 ships in less than 2 hours) that have gunpowder as a drop rather than hoping for luck from chests. I've got both Mack and Boomer to lv 5 as well. The rare materials are the only ones that take any significant time.

For players considering spending, it seems you get about 10 of 2 rare/epic/legendary resources in a 400 gem chest. You can get 50 of these chests with $100 for about 1000 materials (10 materials for a dollar), or 40 of them and 40 of the 100 gem common material chests. The materials will be divided among pirates, but I'd imagine for a couple hundred bucks you could max every single legendary without sailing a single square. This is significantly cheaper than how much many of the top 10 are spending on their walls, as they've been spending about 1500 gems per wall to get it from 11 to 13. I'm not sure how much drops from the lower level chests, as I've only heard about rewards from the 400 gem one.

2. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Are you talking about the Angle base? I don't see changing the distance having any serious affect on those bases.

3. Skye

Skye Commodore

Yes I am; the medium range option (longer range) pushes both the minimum and maximum range out an extra 3 tiles, which means significantly more walls have to be used to properly path troops to the further out blast zone, and also that the thicker segment will be easier to bomb through; by not adjusting walls to compensate for that extra minimum range, the minimum range falls so close to the entrance that its extremely easy to sneak under it with minimal damage from the GP.

Switching instead to short range will make it very easy for troops to clear the buildings by the door, which in turn makes it even easier for troops to sneak in and get the ph in the corner. Significantly more of the base will easily be destroyed before the GP can start blasting things, and thus that 1* went from laughably easy to nigh guaranteed.

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  4. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Ok I concede to your superior base knowledge haha.

Ok getting back to items, to safe my life I couldn't get Gun Powder at all, Copper I get only 1 for hitting each Blue Fish, these are supposed to be common for gods sake. Every ship I hit I only get a battered chest, which only pay me EP, Gold & Grog mostly. I'm stuck on lvl 3 with Boomer, over 2 days now have failed to gain any Gunpowder. It's a joke.

Skye likes this.
  5. Skye

Skye Commodore

Find the closest ship that has a chance to drop gun powder, it should be under an hours journey if you don't attack anything else. Attack it, and come back every hour to send your ship out again. It won't drop every time, maybe 25% of the time, but the law of large numbers suggests that you will slowly but surely amass lots of gun powder. If you can find more ships that drop gun powder that are also a short sail away, chain them all together. When you go to sleep or you're off to work and can't check in, set up an 8 hour journey that takes a bunch of ships, but when you're around to babysit things, the short trips will add up much faster due to sheer quantity :)

I managed to get both boomer and mack to level 5 very quickly; the rare items take a bit longer but luckily you only need them every couple levels.

6. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Ok I'll give it a shot, I just started a shorter run.

Ok another problem with the update, and it is a big one, what on earth is the point in having a Legendary Pirate in defence when just destroying the Fort nullifies this ability? It's completely & utterly pointless, the Fort is far too big to put it inside our walls to protect it, putting Cannons, Bunkers or any other defence out to protect it leaves our base more vulnerable. So I have to ask, what on earth is the point of it? What on earth were Midoki thinking? The Stonemason still works while destroyed so why doesn't the Fort?

If they don't change this we should be given the option to skip any of the defence upgrades to each Pirate in the training menu, why on earth should we have to pay huge amounts of BP, items & Grog for something that is utterly useless?

awbo and Skye like this.
  7. Skye

Skye Commodore

100k EP for that one annabelle outfit...does that mean we're going to need 1.2m ep to buy them all if we don't get lucky with chests? I have plenty of EP (250k), but not THAT much!

awbo likes this.
  8. StrawHat Echo

StrawHat Echo Powder Monkey

There are 12 Legendary Pirates i believe...
    But.. How many of them can we have (recruit)?
    All of them... Or 6 only?

9. Skye

Skye Commodore

The current max level fort holds 6, but Midoki has confirmed that they will release new upgrades to the Legendary Fort to hold all 12 pirates before releasing more than 6.

Super evil mega corp. likes this.
  10. StrawHat Echo

StrawHat Echo Powder Monkey

•·· Τнäиκ чöü ··• for the info...

11. Thanks for the info... But r u sure??? If it's true we may expect an update containing new level of fort (and other building if we r lucky enough *cough* bunker *cough*) within next 2 weeks (some where close to 7th September... May be)... #HYPE!!!!:):D:)... The only sad thing is that the witch doctor will be fixed in that update :(:(:(...

12. Skye

Skye Commodore

We might end up getting 6 weeks of the current 6 Legendaries before then, so that every legendary gets to be the weekly "fixed" pirate and guarantee that everyone has a chance to get them all. All I know is that they are only releasing 6 pirates until the fort gets a new level, no idea when.

13. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

I want that f***ing Goat:mad::D

Skye likes this.
  14. Skye

Skye Commodore

Me too, Quokka, me too!

HornyQuokka likes this.
  15. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Goat?

16. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

And Blackbeards outfits can only be bought with Gems, it makes no difference to me what the cost is as I'll never buy any, I couldn't care less what they dress like, if they were free I'd get them but I'm not paying anything for them, whether it's EP, gold or Gems.
    But my god is Blackbeard useless, I lost a few pirates when I activated his ability, it stuns every pirate within range & for noting as his explosion is pitiful. He's also slow to move & attack. Annabelle is a bit more useful I think, well more useful than any of the others in battle, I've only used her once.

17. Skye

Skye Commodore

Sadie the Goat is an upcoming legendary. I'm gladly going to pay 1k gems for her rare outfit!

It seems every LP has 6 outfits. All of them can be obtained for free from chests if you are lucky; one is bought with about 2m gold, one is bought with about 2m grog, one is bought with ep, and at least 2 are bought with gems. Not all 6 outfits for a pirate are available at once, only some show up on the ship each time. In a later ship, his gold outfit might appear! 2m gold/grog is nothing really when you're maxed, and it appeases all the players that were looking for something to customize their islands with. These weren't intended to be something every player would enjoy, they were meant to be a fun cosmetic option for the players that were requesting premium skins for their island. Some players are willing to spend money to make their things look more personal (its how lots of freemium mmorpgs stay in business - by selling outfit pieces for your character that make it look cool!)
    I'm personally buying all the ones that cost gold and grog without a second though, 2m isn't very much! The EP and gem ones I probably won't except on my favorite pirates. But I'm certainly pimping out my goat no matter the cost!

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  18. I think annabelle is more useful that Ching:):):)...

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  19. SitFlyer_

SitFlyer_ Crew

Description of Cornelius says on offense he releases a horde of monkeys.....even at level 5......no way in hell 2 monkeys is a horde..

awbo likes this.
  20. Skye

Skye Commodore

I believe his ability will release even more monkeys when it recharges even if his current ones aren't dead yet, so if they don't die off, you could get 4-6 out by the end of the fight. 6 is a horde imo.