The new updates. The hype is taking over! (Official Hype & Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

It's taken till our third rumble to finally get a full rumble of even matches

2. aaaaalan

aaaaalan Powder Monkey

PH does matter. For high level PH hitting small islands will have limited bp reward because of the huge level gap. However it could be high for those low level PH players. When we saw the guy earn bp in such speed we thought he was cheating, but it is reasonable for those low PH people.

3. If cheating is the first thing that comes to you mind, then you dont understand how the game works. Using gems is very common since rumbles are still new and everyone wants to win them.
    And with gems anyone get get double that amount in 3 hours. Especially with the 50% less recruit time

4. aaaaalan

aaaaalan Powder Monkey

Seems you do not understand what I mean. Everyone can use gems, however a PH 2 can spend much less gems than a PH 8 to earn the same bp.

5. I do understand what you mean. I'm just saying you should take another look at the BP earning system.
    As far as we know the amount of BP is calculated by A. the percentage destroyed and B. the PH level of the opponent.
    Now if a PH 2 can destroy a PH 5 base by 100% it would get him maybe 25 BP. But doing that is most likely impossible for him as he does not have sufficient trained troops.
    A PH 8 fighting a PH 8 can earn the same amount of BP for getting a 100% destruction.

And yes I understand the troops of a PH 2 train much faster then a farming load-out of a PH 8.
    But still
    Yes he will since it was probably his first rumble, he got excited just like me and spend his gems. Nothing weird about that. No cheating no better performance because he is low PH.

6. aaaaalan

aaaaalan Powder Monkey

Well, are you in PH8? It's difficult for a PH8 to defeat another PH8 with 3 stars to earn about 20bp. Since I reached PH8, noone has defeated me with 100%. However, a PH2 can defeat another PH2 with 3 stars and earn 20bp easily. He does not need to defeat a PH5. The training time for a PH2 is less than 5m however it is 30m for a PH8 even though there is speeding up.

7. I'm a PH8 and would you like to see my attack log? Because it's filled with PH 8, all 3 stars just one or two 2 stars. And some bases I used to drop my rank.
    I get 25 BP easily, and with the 25% bonus you can get 30 BP each fight.

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  9. TBird

TBird Captain

OK, time for folks to guess what a PH 9 will look like with its own defense
    Is it cannons or laser beams or seagulls with bombs????

Hype train to 11 again...
    Start those news feed teases!!

Edward Kenway likes this.
  10. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I'm with @TBird , its time for something new! Bring on PH9 and guild wars!

11. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

pH9 - No cannon pls lets have burning oil running down the sides killing the skellys, jugs, bucs, brutes etc

What could the "major new feature" be. I'm so intrigued - a feature isn't a new troup, or improvement to the existing stuff it is something new!!!!!

Feature doesn't sound like guild wars, but could it be battle ships or something.
    Or a new resource? Metal? to upgrade the weapons?

ideas pls lets hype it up

12. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

They did talk about firing with your ship during battles if i remember correctly. Like artillery or something @Captain Hakjka . This was a very long time ago though.

13. Tex

Tex Commodore

I'm dreading new walls w/ PH 9. Probably cost 2 million per wall to shut us up!

14. Ian

Ian Commodore

And an extra 50 pieces as well..

15. Rob(SHADOWDRAGON)

Rob(SHADOWDRAGON) Powder Monkey

More buildings and how about Better air units? Hot air bombers that would rock.... to offset you'd need anti air defense . Another alternate to rumble but integrate some form of naval batte between top guilds. This IS a pirate game after all , imagine a massive month long battle of attrition that takes new naval units IE , frigate , galleon , skiff and a massive air carriership. Yes that a lot of programming ..... I'd like to spend more money give me a reason.

16. Ian

Ian Commodore

I like the sea battle idea.. Not sure about the air carrier ship though; but a battle on the high seas using your galleon would be interesting. Guild v Guild (with of course random encounters with Royal Navy) would be new..

17. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

Air carrier may be an idea if they still drop at some point. Raiders still don't have a skill you activate, could have a bomb you can drop on the way, kill some things you can fly over, or an updraft button so they go up for a second or two clear some things (or say do latter and when land have something similar to kaboom).

18. Captain Hakjka

hope not sounds like a boom beach copy

How about new walls that cost EP and BP, indeed to spend it on something hehe.

+1 as long as pirate themed, no air carriers nuke subs etc.

Yes please +1 from me

19. Captain Hakjka

Ahhhh they have talked about changing wind direction, do you think this could be the new feature?

20. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

That's coming anyway but they still wouldn't have a skill you activate.