The new updates. The hype is taking over! (Official Hype & Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

[​IMG]

- Here we hype before every update -
    (Hyping since 2014)
    All rights reserved

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
    Gristle and PlunderPirate like this.
  2. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Ahhh well this is going to be a big disappointment to everyone on the hype train. Unfortunately the update that was planned for this week has been delayed, but for one reason and one reason only. It's going to be even bigger and even better! So not only does it contain everything we were going to roll out this week, but a whole load of other new and exciting things as well.

Why didn't we release it anyway and then do another one later? Well the submission process through Apple can sometimes take a few days, and we would have to bring the servers down as well, which I know people aren't a great fan of ;) So to keep it all simple we decided to just do one.

So apologies to the hype train. It'll have to wait in the station just a little while longer. Departure time is now scheduled for next week :) All aboard!!

3. Liquix

Liquix Crew

I think you've just loaded enough coal into the hype-train to keep it going even though the route has become longer :p

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Well now. That's certainly got me a bit more excited...

PlunderPirate likes this.
  5. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

The route is never too long for plunder pirates:D We will hype till the end:D

6. Chaos5715

Chaos5715 First Mate

Not to mention it costs a lot of money every time a new update is submitted, right?

7. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

To be honest we wouldn't let any financial hit stop us from getting the latest content out to players. This situation came about purely because we had two updates that were coming in very close to each other, and so in the end it made the most sense just to roll them into one.

PlunderPirate and Edward Kenway like this.
  8. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Chris, you are not making it easier for the train.. When you talk like that we are gonna need 2 hype trains :D

9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

All aboard the Super Hype Train!

[​IMG]

Hajkja and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  10. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

That's great except for the fact that I have to watch my recruits continue to just stand there in battle for another week. Of course that's assuming you guys are fixing this on the next update. You are fixing this right? :)

11. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Are you referring to your units taking a Mortar shot or after destroying a building sometimes they just stand there?

12. SH302

SH302 Crew

One more week isn't much, the hype train is still going at full force!

13. SJO

SJO Powder Monkey

The hype train turned into the 3:10 to Yuma. :(

14. I'm a survivor I'm a believer
    I'm not going to give up!

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  15. cant wait !

16. z1ggur4t

z1ggur4t Crew

so I was checking the midoki web site as you do and had a look at the about page OMG!!! huge provinance here people... Psygnosis are you kidding me? I'm old enough to have played many many games by the once revered games house but it doesn't stop there... anyone who had an N64 will be familiar with Blast Corps or should be. if you didn't get that title you missed some awesome goodness. Codemasters, any race fan will know how solid these guys have been and still are (Grid 2 online anyone?). But to the point of this thread the impending update, having seen where this crew come from I'm in no doubt whatever is coming will be GREAT!

17. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I remember Blast Corps and it was a good game. Is the update going to be released on Tuesday like everything else is?

18. Captain Didwell

Captain Didwell First Mate

This will be the best Hype Train if ever. . . :D

19. Ombit

Ombit Crew

Wow psygnisis? Codemasters? Takes me all the way back to my Atari 800xl in the 80's! Ah, wonderful days! Now I'm feeling proper old!