Witch Doctor runs off...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BOomSt!cK, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

850arrr likes this.
  2. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Or #DoctorWTF! ;)

850arrr likes this.
  3. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Why! Just why!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And now he's racing off to go cover them dumb butes and juggs *throws phone in disgust*

4. Tex

Tex Commodore

wtf...I caught my WD running off to a rave.
    [​IMG]

Booty isle and Becker Redbeard like this.
  5. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

6. crash477

crash477 Powder Monkey

@Skye I understand your idea of protecting juggs, but your whole tactic fails if the enemy uses a flame gate in front of a wall. My wd died 3s into battle because he was standing so close, but at least my juggs didnt take damage from the wall and had reduced damage for a single cannon shot.

850arrr likes this.
  7. Skye

Skye Commodore

I agree that the WD stands too close to them at the moment, if he didn't that wouldn't have been an issue :c

8. Bear

Bear Commodore

He stands too close to juggs, and too far away from piles of bones after everyone is dead. If no living pirates are deployed, the WD rinds to just the edge of the pile, not the middle.

9. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

Having your WD die in the first few seconds after being deployed via splash damage because he's right behind Juggs is NOT a play style that anyone uses!

When will this be fixed?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  10. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

When he stops following juggs and brutes all over the place. He does it constantly with me. He's protecting a Jugg then goes after a Brute who's pulling mortar fire.

11. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Here's how I do around it:
    (a 4-WD style might not suit you, but for a PH5/VH2 maxed WD (except for the +3 toughness) might do for me.)
    Spot A is defined as a spot with all defences in range
    Spot B is a weak spot/Ideal spot
    Spot C is a spot which has ideal wind direction

1) Deploy 2 Brutes in Spot A.
    2) Deploy 5 gunners from Tavern (Spot B).
    3) Deploy 6 gunners from Guild Ship (or 8 if your GS is L3)
    4) Deploy 5 Skellywags.
    5) Deploy 3 Buccs (for fun)
    6) Deploy 2 Juggs.
    7) Deploy WD (s)
    8) Deploy Bombers
    9) Deploy thieves
    10) Deploy WD
    11) Deploy Sky Raiders (Spot C)
    12) Deploy 5 Raiders
    13)Watch the mayhem
    Well, it's not that good, but at least the WD dosen't go round in circles/run halfway through the base/get pounded etc. and HANGS BACK. Yay!

12. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

4 WD's good god, I use to get by with one :eek:

13. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I've just had the worst WD behaviour EVER!! He actually swam out to sea to nowhere?!? Then stopped & went back, he had left 2 HG'ers to do so, he then spent the rest of the battle running from one group to another, in & out in & out of the base. It was so bad I actually laughed out loud. His AI is the biggest joke ever, he's becoming completely unusable.

For gods sake SWITCH THE BLOODY AI BACK QUICK!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy P and 850arrr like this.
  14. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

When I have more than one he loves to do this to me too. I have yet to try three WD's but I'm guessing there will be an iPhone 6 shaped hole in my wall if I do :mad:

# Johnny Doe # likes this.
  15. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I only use one, if I used any more I'd throw my iPad at the wall, one idiot is enough in my crew, I'd be twice as mad if I were to add another.

# Johnny Doe # and 850arrr like this.
  16. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

lol, this is true. I barely get any skeleton resurrections with two as well...maddening to say the least.

17. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

Wait a minute!!!
    You're saying your WD survived a whole battle??

I bet you'll be Global #1 soon as you have a huge advantage over us all @Bl00dBaTh :D

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  18. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

They seem useless now to heal/protect. I have to fight the urge every battle of sending him in to protect. This just doesn't work anymore. Soooooo, I wait till troops are dead then send him in to resurrect. But at that point you have no idea where he is going to go, cause troops have scattered. He certainly doesn't head straight for the pile of bones. At this point I think I am using him purely out of habit and not out of effectiveness. I know midoki posted that it knows better than we do and we should quit whining and adjust, but really this is the worst goof up of the entire game release. I certainly haven't seen as much negative comments about anything else in the game (even exceeding the updategate scandal). The only upside is it has given us some really funny (after 48 hour recovery) videos--wd blooper reel.

Bl00dBaTh and 850arrr like this.
  19. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

^^ Very true. Also I find it very telling how new people are signing up to this forum just to voice their disgust with the new WD, when otherwise they wouldn't care to join.

20. awbo

awbo Captain

I know what you mean about using him out of habit. I have gone cold turkey and stopped using him altogether. I lose a few more battles than I did before, but I'm surprised how well I do without him. Plus I save way more grog :cool:

peg-brain bob likes this.