Witch Doctor runs off...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BOomSt!cK, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Haha yea, for once he actually lasted the whole battle, mostly because he was running away from the firing line most of the battle, heading God knows where, doing God knows what....lolz

2. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Did Midoki actually post saying "they know better & we should stop whining?" If so, that's unbelievable, they are really standing behind this cock up? All they have done is made the WD next to useless, he spends the whole time changing his mind on who to protect, he's become unusable. They had better switch him back, if not then my confidence in them is seriously shaken, because it's by far the biggest blunder I've seen.

850arrr likes this.
  3. Bear

Bear Commodore

Not in those words. Chris posted a link to a game theory Wikipedia page in order to make a point about the complexity of AI in gaming. Spongee made a remark about maybe the devs didn't have the problems we have with the troops because they know how to properly utilize them based on how they code them. Lynsey responded and said "unfortunately yes."

4. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

That in no way sounds like "they know better & we should stop complaining".

5. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  6. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

So it looks like they are standing by this change, they're certainly making excuses for it, have they said anywhere whether they're switching it back or sticking with this new joke? I just don't understand why they made such a big change to the AI when it wasn't broken to begin with, an odd battle he would go AWOL with a lone troop, but this AI tweek hasn't even fixed that, he still does it with lone Juggs. They surely must have seen how big the change they had made was when they tested it, as it's clear to everyone as soon as you first deployed him.
    It needs to be switched back, as any more tweeking will most likely end up even worse, scrap the whole new AI as it's completely flawed, covering the highest hitpoints is just a total failure.

850arrr likes this.
  7. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I could live with the AI change if it actually worked, but it doesn't, he is constantly changing his mind with my current Skellies, Bombers, Gunners & HG'ers crew, just running around completely lost, from one group to another while leaving crew under fire to be slaughtered. I had to switch from my old crew of Juggs, Gunners, bombers, Sky Raiders & brutes because my weaker crew were getting decimated, leaving only a few slow tanks.

I'm quoting you Daddy P but it's not doing it for some reason.

850arrr likes this.
  8. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Man, i was using 4 before the updates. And ALL 4 survive, even now:)

9. Ian

Ian Commodore

@Ultimate Sea Dog if you can afford 4 WD, you have way too much grog. I can help you with that... I'll be right round. ;)

peg-brain bob likes this.
  10. Ultimate Sea Dog

Dude, I have a VH2 WD...

11. Ian

Ian Commodore

But your grog is compatible with a PH9. Hehehehe.. ;)

12. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

+1 I've 'adapted' to new WD by not using him as well - getting many more 2* than 3 but they're still wins :)

850arrr and awbo like this.
  13. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

+1 to the above, scrap the new AI for sure!! Reading their excuses is maddening as can be, it's like they have no clue how this game is played. When I'd say 95% of players hate it, ummmmm hmmm maybe you missed the mark there midoki.

Oh, and don't get me started on how few skeletons get resurrected, mother of god he's standing on a huge pile and not one comes back to life, grrrrrrrrrrr!

14. Ultimate Sea Dog

@850arrr the resurrection works, doesn't it?

15. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Not like it use to. It's hit and miss now. There are clearly skeletons that don't come back to life when they should.

16. Ultimate Sea Dog

Those are skeletons that were already revived before, maybe?

17. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Negative, they were freshly killed bombers. Others have noted it as well.

roguecylon likes this.
  18. Ultimate Sea Dog

19. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

I can tell you what the problem is for many of us complaining about the Witch Doctor...our attack style is to spread our pirates out so that they're not clumped together in one spot. As a result, there is NO planned group of pirates on the battlefield. As a result of that our Witch Doctors behave erratically as they look for the highest health group to protect.

The new Witch Doctor works wonderfully if you purposely create attack groups and send the WDs to protect them.

This forces players to change their attack strategies and adopt a different style of game play than they are used to.

20. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

Not quite, as the pirates don't group themselves other than gunners who the WD ignores completely. I can send a jugg in with a group of gunners and the jugg veers off to to do his own thing and the WD follows the jugg not the large pack of gunners. Then when that one jugg dies the WD will search for another jugg or brute which he will do if there's even one clear across the map while ignoring the grouped gunners/bombers/skellys.