Legendary Pirates - Release Date!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Admin [Midoki], Aug 13, 2015.

1. bucket

bucket First Mate

I got Annabelle and Cornelius as well. At least with these lps, I can obtain the required items easier than mckraken and romeo boomer. Finding the diamonds for mckraken is hard on my game. Keep hitting bigger fish but never get any. Same with the gunpowder boomer. The ships might give me one barrel of powder or none. Not complaining, I bet it is different for everyone.

2. Skye

Skye Commodore

Annabelle seems to take much longer to farm for than Boomer. I can hit a ship thats under an hour away for a chance at gunpowder, it drops maybe 25% of the time, which means I can steadily get 6 or so a day (this means logging in every hour and sending it out diligently; the law of large numbers balances out any bad luck, since you're hitting it 20+ times a day). There's usually a path I can take that hits 4-5 ships at under an hour per ship on average, so I can chain together a 4-5 hour trip and save a bit of effort - plan a trip that takes as many that drop gunpowder as you can while keeping it under an hour per enemy, if you don't get gunpowder you'll probably get a couple battered chests, and those also have a chance of having gunpowder.

Capt Drowns and bucket like this.
  3. bucket

bucket First Mate

Good advice for farming gun powder. Thanks Skye. I used your advice on best units to go exploring with as well. Now I load up on brutes for fish and bucs/gunners for ships. This works extremely well. Thanks again.

Skye likes this.
  4. WARNING: if you haven't already noticed, exploration missions are a lot deadlier. A shipful of buccs does not last like it used to. Drop a little extra grog for pirates that have exploration buffs.

awbo likes this.
  5. Ian

Ian Commodore

Thanks @Capt Drowns had thought that too, but just put it down to the attacking too many high level monsters.. But ye, 70 Buc's don't seem to last as long as they used too.. :(

Capt Drowns likes this.
  6. rhorun

rhorun Crew

Are there any plans to be able to rest/regen stamina other than completely running out?

Waiting 24 hours for your favourite legendary to regen is a bit frustrating when you want to use them..

HunterToan likes this.
  7. Thanks for the bug fix Midoki!

8. AquaZero

AquaZero Powder Monkey

I can't wait till ceaser I have almost 40 gunpowder

Cap'n Greenbeard likes this.
  9. What is the point of Blackbeard anyway? He seems to be a no ranged, stun friendlies with spec, version of Romeo.

Has anyone who has got him found him usful? So far he is the most expensive to buy and train but he performs the least.

10. Skye

Skye Commodore

He seems to attack twice with every attack, which would mean he does double the dps of boomer with normal attacks. Plus he has mini guards.

11. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Mini guards? Screenshot please:)

12. Skye

Skye Commodore

[​IMG]

There's two bodyguards that come with him, they seem to have around 100hp each, and don't seem to be effected by training ground.

13. Ultimate Sea Dog

14. Souki

Souki Powder Monkey

Can Midoki add recovery / sleep option for legendary pirates ?
    So i dont have to wait the stamina run out.

15. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

To the Midoki Team,
    I'm not one to usually complain but the randomness of the legendary pirates is very unfair, very frustrating actually. I have been offered the same two pirates (Mack and Romero) the last three times the trade ship has arrived. That's just BS!!! I already have Heston, Mack, Annabelle and Romero. I really would like someone new to add!!! The team offers treasure chests to buy and now they are 50% off. That's great but I don't want to spend gems if I can't get offered different pirates. It seems like every island I battle, I see the same five(Mack,Annabelle,Romero,Heston,Blackbeard). Are there really any others that are being offered because I think everyone has those who wants them. It's time to offer some new ones!!!! I really like this game a lot and I'm fairly new at playing but my interest is slowly waning because of not being offered different legendary pirates to put in my upgraded fort that has empty slots. Please try to change how they are released or offered each time the trade ship arrives. Thanks for listening!!!

16. Beck [Midoki]

Beck [Midoki] Designer Staff Member

I hear your frustration @Lady Killigrew

The legendary pirates work the same for everyone -there is one LP that everyone will get and one that gets taken randomly from a pool of possibilities. As it is random, chance dictates that in theory you could get exactly the same one picked time and time again - what has been picked previously doesn't affect what will come in the future.

There are currently 6 available, of which you have 4, so that's pretty awesome :D

It's great that you are wanting more, and more will come, but we can't release them all at once as there would be none left for the coming few months :)
    We've already bought forward a certain lady LP due to popular demand he he

Capt Drowns, Bear and Souki like this.
  17. Ultimate Sea Dog

Brought forward?? 99.999999% of us don't have her...:(

18. Eros@AU

Eros@AU Crew

If decided to bought forward the certain lady LP...why not make her the fixed LP due to popular demand then ?

19. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

I agree with Eros@AU, make the new Lady LP the fixed one, that way there would be variety at least!!!!!

20. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah. I would hardly say a 33.33% chance of getting her was "bringing her forward."

And it's not even completely random. Y'all have some variable controls in place. I've yet to see anyone get ching. Who already had blackbeard.

That's not random chance. That is predetermined.