midoki finally ruined the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oak Doak, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

No, I have a over supply of golden idols and silver, too.

2. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I have 14 Golden Idols, any items I get are ones I don't need, so silly.
    But the most annoying thing is our Pirates losing Stamina points from attacks from people dropping rank, I got hit 5 times yesterday with people dropping rank, that's 5 whole Stamina points, one quarter of his total amount, it's a complete joke, how the hell do they see this when testing?!?!?

Tex, cmooneey and SaK like this.
  3. Oak Doak

Oak Doak Crew

Testing? BTW the game plays after each update its clear Midoki don't test anything they drop the update like a hot potato then take 3days worth of maintenance breaks to fix the mistakes.
    As for luck playing a part of you get on the ship that's just BS.

4. SaK

SaK First Mate

I heard one player got 900 gems and a thousands same old pirate and shityy chests.
    I guess the system is rotten and it's like a win in millions time.

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

5kbp for her outfit is absolutely nothing to any of us that were farming fishes for ages before the LP update.

The reason the outfits were added was because some players on the forum made threads asking for ways to customize the look of your island, by paying for premium skins to give it a unique visual flair. Since this would probably be too disruptive to a player trying to attack an island, having to identify different looking buildings, I think giving us ways to customize the look of our LP is a great middleground. If you aren't into customizable avatars, they aren't for you. If you're a completionist, or want your character to look special, its a great option.

Look at games like Tera online. The game is free, and most of their revenue comes from players paying considerable amount of real money to buy outfits for their characters, which give you absolutely zero in game boost. They just make you look cool. There are also a couple outfits you can find in game that cost in game currency, but most are premium shop only, for a lot of cash (generally around $3-5 per slot, and there are 5 outfit slots).

By giving outfits bonuses, you'd be giving a perk to players that can pay money and imbalance the game towards them and making it harder for free players. This would not be fair.

You may think that its stupid to spend money making your character look unique, but entire multi-million-dollar business models depend solely on it for success.

Beck [Midoki], WinstonCOV and Burnz like this.
  6. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Yep. I "bought" it.
    I don't think any free player's gonna collect enough Diamonds the free route to upgrade at least that one LP. Unless they show up more frequently on a new map. The higher level LPs are already pay to play IMHO, based on low drop rates, unless we're measuring in years.

850arrr, C.Calamity and yeti like this.
  7. Juggernaut

Juggernaut First Mate

By giving buffs for the outfits, it will encourage everyone to get them, if not then there's no point on spending your hard earned resources in something useless, rather upgrading my defense wich is actually gonna give me something, defense. Don't care about the look of my pirates, I prefer the look on my winning screen.

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  8. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Guess I am the only person in the game that is happy with the LP's. Funny, as I should probably be one of the ones complaining loudest. I got duplicates on this week's trade ship. Was I disappointed? Yes, very much. I am struggling to obtain and manage resources for the LP's. Am I frustrated about it? Yes, very much. So why am I happy with the new LP's? Because if Midoki was not forcing us to slowly acquire them, and slowly level them up, I would have all maxed ones already and be bored waiting for the next update. Granted, it would keep me busy for a while figuring out how to best utilize the LP's. I think it is great the game is forcing me to plan out my exploration trips (and silo allotment) for needed resources, instead of sending after the same Big Fish every trip whenever the mood struck me, as before. I think it is great that every week I look forward to the trade ship arriving, not knowing if I will get one of the LP's I don't have. And the clothes, I thought they were utterly ridiculous at first, but I am finding entertainment value in them. I appreciate there will be 12 LP's with differing attributes we will slowly need to learn how to best utilize as we slowly level them up. Midoki has forced me make decisions on which LP's to prioritize in leveling up, instead of just leveling them all up at once. I am happy Midoki gave me something to keep me busy for months to come (if not years). Based on the level of frustration being voiced by some, I suspect they too are happy with the new LP's or they would not be clamoring so loudly to get them quicker and to have the ability to level them up quicker.

9. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

*Insert what @Spongee said here.
    Exactly the same for me ;)

10. Skye

Skye Commodore

Spongee, that was very eloquently said :)

And the number one reason Outfits shouldn't have boosts is because it would defeat the point of outfits. Suddenly everyone would always want to use only the best outfit, rather than actually deciding which one they liked the look of most. I'm sure many people who get the 2500 gem outfit are going to equip it since they want to show off, but at least they have the option to try on different looks without harming their performance.

WinstonCOV likes this.
  11. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Good post sky, I too am glad they don't have stats for the same reasons you have already said.

12. Agree.
    Lot of old hard good players leaved this game in my Guild and others that I know.
    My guild is the Top 1 in my country about lot of factors. We are in push near Top 10 global. I'm Ex captain there and 95% full ph9.

Lot of bugs. Every update come with new heavy hard bugs.
    Rumble is only source of injustice and social stress.
    Have you hater angry developers Midoki? Why so bad updates?
    At every 2 updates in 2 months all layouts becomes trash and strategies of attack TOO.
    But they create a mistery hidding all the changes. So we play allways in the dark.
    Create an open beta test for this game!
    All this people leaving will return to Clash of Clans! Believe! SUPERCELL pleasure.

Why too much changes in game logic at every update? Walls! Gates joined to Walls! Boats and his boards!
    Bombers now got glasses and cured their own minds?
    Demon Witch Doctor?
    How much do You belive in LOGIC and STABILITY about game strategies?

No one can hold too much old bugs and new ones!
    Lagendary Clothes??? Am I stupid to spend rare ressources in clothes??
    Is this game a girl exclusive toy??
    I love when I forget to turn on Errands. I love to hate Errands.

WAIT ! APPLE abandoned Plunder Pirates... YES!... No more HotSpots on it in AppStore!
    Silence... Quiet...

Dont be foolished Midoki about Legendary Successs with new newbies players atracted by Legendaries Crazy ones.
    Midoki and Rovio. I know You Now... Thank you. NeverMore!!
    Returning to Clash because SuperCell need us or they perish.
    You dont need no one.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  13. Bye!

And @Spongee I couldnt agree more!

14. It's not about half full glass or half empty glass.
    What is in question is the midoki's hability to hold players along time...
    And We saw before and now a LOT of old dedicated people leaving game very upset with Pirates...

15. Name them for me please

16. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I have known players that left because of the bugs. I have known players that left because of the gem costs. I have known players that left because they maxed everything too quickly and had nothing left to strive and achieve. So I can easily see players leaving because upgrading LP's will take too long. No pleasing everyone.

Fil and Skye like this.
  17. I couldn't agree more @Spongee

Lots of players may have left and of course some new one will appear...

They will continue adding new content and that's what they should do to keep this game challenging but the point to keep in mind is to release new contents with least bugs possible.

I guess they were really overwhelmed by the new Legendary Pirates project they forgot lots of bugs or missed out some flaws like invincible Witch Doctors or visuals and rumbles...

The logical way to approach this for example was to attend the rumble issues completly before releasing new content like PH9 or Now legendary pirates and trade ships and chests...

It's impossible to keep everybody happy but people expect to be paid in return of their time and money.

Lots of players like this game and that's why they are still playing and actively participate in the forums trying to make this game better.

Simply a negative or positive comment shouldn't be addressed by the anger of other players since everyone here vary in their amount of time and money spending in this game and they want answer or want to thank developers because they have the right to simply expressing their ideas.

Thanks for your time reading this

Skye likes this.
  18. Pardon my Very Bad english. I cant explain. U need to help understanding my Point.
    This game is dead.
    Lot of Proud old players yet playing. And lot of Blind Virgin Hopefull New players Hoping. Very few can see the Way down of this game. Go ahead and Waste your Time and Money. I dont care about U. I'm not Here for You. I'm here to be listen by Midoki Developers to Fix this game. And to avoid me Lose My Guild Friends. Only. I'm not trying to change any minds.
    Be happy your way.
    And Stop protecting the Midoki Developers from Criticism.

Bl00dBaTh and Tex like this.
  19. Tex

Tex Commodore

I have to agree with your comments @JackSparrow . It's a shame your grammar is difficult to read. I think that's why so many here don't take time to understand them and give them any credence.

I've been playing this game longer than most on this forum. I can confirm, like most of you if you're honest, that many longtime players have either quit, become horribly inactive, or are on the verge of doing so. In the early days Midoki was hitting it out of the park with really cool content every month. I especially liked the seasonal content where they would give everyone a fully maxed LP to enjoy.

Then they introduced Rumbles, which was supposed to hold us over until a real Guild Wars was introduced. At first everyone was so excited about Rumbles. Then people figured out how to manipulate the system and Midoki has still not fixed the issue. Yes, we know it's coming soon @Bear . But what the hell happened to Rumbles being a "temporary" fix? They have been so busy trying to fix the current system that real Guild Wars will probably never emerge.

When LP's were introduced they dropped the ball horribly too. These LP are so weak that it's a joke. I don't have 24 hours everyday to play this game. To get ahead I spend gems, which equals Midoki revenue. But I'm not willing to spend the time or money it will take to max an LP in 12-18 months. That's ridiculous. And introducing random chance into the game for LP and materials is the worst idea yet. Whoever came up with it should be fired.

By the way, I'm sick of people stating that Midoki made it clear that we might never get a "rare" LP. The LP have been out about 7 weeks and I still have only 5. The LP information provided by Midoki stated everyone would get 1 random and 1 fixed LP each week. If that was true everyone would have Ching by now. In fact everyone would have all 6 pirates and the forum would be a happier place.

I'm done with my rant for now.
    But I've never been closer to quitting this game.
    And that pisses me off. :mad:

Bl00dBaTh, Burnz, 850arrr and 3 others like this.
  20. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

+1. I have completely changed my mind on LP's. It was a good idea for me to use about 1000 gems on merchant chests during the half off sale. All my LP's are worth using in battle. And no recruitment time to get them either! Big win for all players....