midoki finally ruined the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oak Doak, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

In the public slack chat we have a channel that posts all the app store reviews for PP. Every day good reviews are being posted by players.

A review less than 4 stars is very rare. Clearly people outside of this tiny group here on the forums are enjoying the game.

bucket likes this.
  2. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I think what may be happening is this game is extraordinary for new and low level players. Long term players are not going to be posting reviews in the app store. If you post a review, I would guess it would be within the first few weeks to a month of downloading it. Most of the negativity on the forum seems to be coming from the high level players. There is a vastly different experience in this game between the new and low level players and the top level players. I think that would explain why there is more negativity here than in the app store.

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

So I'm the only one who updates their reviews after every update? Lol

4. Fang

Fang First Mate

Trend analysis shows that PP is doing much worse then it was 1 year ago in both gross revenue and downloads.

In the past year:

Action Game - Grossing Rank has dropped
    RANK 5 >>>> RANK 83

Overall Game - Grossing Rank has dropped
    RANK 43 >>>> RANK 363

Action Game - Download Rank has dropped
    RANK 23 >>>> RANK 666 (not making that up)

WinstonCOV likes this.
  5. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

@Fang: Yeah, then just leave if this game isn t anymore fun to you, or when u think they will pull the plug soon.

You really think Midoki has no clue what they are doing? There are still plenty of ppl that enjoy this game a lot and every day plenty new get sucked into. Its not unusal a game gets a lot more attention once it comes out, plenty download but plenty delete in an instant as well. Doesn t say anything at all.

I have experienced the "death" of some games and i can tell, this game is as far away from dying soon, as earth is away from mars.

But just continue to spread ur negativity all over every thread....
    Plunder Pirates will still be here 1 year from now, regardless.

You wonder why ppl leave your guild like flies? I would as well, cause ppl like you are no fun!

6. Fang

Fang First Mate

@HornyQuokka I don't have to explain myself to you, but for anyone new who may read this thread...

I have for a very long time provided good positive input, feedback, suggestions and help to Midoki and to others here. I really think Midoki has great potential with this game. Their tech is awesome. Their game graphics and performance kick ass. A lot of the game play is fun. I loved this game for a good while.

However, I am very disenfranchised right now. I haven't quit yet (obviously) but I am close. I want things to get better. Sometimes its the blunt feedback that gets things rolling. It's probably my last option.

@HornyQuokka Personal attacks and disrespect of others views are not going to gain more players, nor will it bolster the community here. If you truly care about the future of this game you will keep your comments civil.

7. SitFlyer_

SitFlyer_ Crew

Personally I believe that those that play for free are upset about perks for those that pay. Many pirates enjoy this game but have busy lives....should they be denied the pleasures of doing what they enjoy? They are after all the ones that provide your ability to play at no cost.

8. yeti

yeti Captain

The 'quality of people here' are the ones that have bothered to join the community because they care about the game. The forums 'went to pot' because bugs are ignored, unfixed, and breeding like rabbits; rumbles are a debacle; the reaction to the LP introduction shows they massively missed the mark; there is nothing for players at end game; and the communication that players are crying out for is conducted in a manner of secrecy with a very select few that disrespects the many. That's all on Midoki.

And speaking of pots...and kettles...it's an interesting approach to counter complaints and raise concerns about the forum experience with abrasive and condescending posts imo...

Tikigirl, Kelani, Burnz and 3 others like this.
  9. Bear

Bear Commodore

But it's perfectly ok for those people to be abrasive and condescending in their complaints? Double standard much. I was intentional harsh with them because thats how they were behaving. I'm not claiming any sort of moral high ground.
    But people on here want to act like they represent the majority. They use phrases like "most high lvl players" and "everyone" when they have no idea. They haven't talked to a majority of high lvl players to get their opinion. They simply have no way of proving claims they are making about the game.

And they demonize midoki, and any player who disagrees with them and is actually enjoying the game...

It's fine though. I'm done with this forum.

Kelani likes this.
  10. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Yeah that's a sucky trend.

11. Danny Liu

Danny Liu First Mate

Maybe you should just stick bac to legdaey pirates thread.

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

People are leaving our guild like flies? That's news to me. But thanks so much for the unprovoked insult.

Frankly, you don't know a damn thing about TN's status, or our members' motivations. Taking a shot at an entire guild in the same post where you criticize @Fang for being negative isn't just ironic, it completely invalidates your point.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  13. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

BOOM! And then leaves the room. :)

14. Tex

Tex Commodore

[​IMG]

Rachael, Floki, awbo and 5 others like this.
  15. Floki

Floki Captain

Gotta love generalized broadsides from the SS nofickinidea...
    Maybe he saw this photo and mistook it as leaving TN in droves...
    [​IMG]

Rachael, Kelani and Tex like this.
  16. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Of course the game will slow down overtime. Do we have people new to games, here? Lol.

Don't forget all the long time player stayed with the game because they thoroughly enjoyed it and it was one if the better choices available. No game will be perfect. You can't please 100% of people, ever. You could give everything for free, all upgrades, anything... People would still complain. It's just the entitlement nature of some people

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Captions for the above Photo:

1. Class Reunion Photo for a Mini's Guild Ship
    2. US Navy Target Practice. (Hope those volunteers were WELL compensated)
    3. All the top players of R2's (Reality Squared) awful PP clone. They all had to sell their houses and steal a cheap boat, because R2 is so damn greedy
    4. What you really get when you reply to those YOU'VE WON A FREE CRUISE! JUST VISIT OUR TIME-SHARE PRESENTATION! mailings.
    5. Americans sailing to Cuba to take advantage of their medical care.
    6. Midoki's 2016 shareholders meeting, if everybody stops buying gems.
    7. According to some people, that's the entire PP-playing community :rolleyes:
    8. Midoki's new Lazy Pirate Troop Deployment Feature. One click dumps your entire army on an opponent's island.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    WinstonCOV, Floki, Tex and 1 other person like this.
  18. awbo

awbo Captain

+1 for 8, I could use that sometimes ;)

peg-brain bob likes this.
  19. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

I would pay many gems for this - but only if it deploys them in the way that demonstrates how their AI is supposed to be used (this is poking fun @ my own incompetence - not directed @ either the AI itself, or any experienced players struggling with inconsistent AI).

Kelani likes this.
  20. Floki

Floki Captain

Oh that had me laughing I could add a few but all the one's I could think of would be offending someone.hahahahahaha
    I like number 5 very cutting and I know this from the other side of the planet!