midoki finally ruined the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oak Doak, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Oak Doak

Oak Doak Crew

I've been playing this game 350days. I seen a lot come and go but this last update has finally ruined it all. I haven't posted here in awhile cause I don't see the point any more. Nothing changes for the better unless it can line midokis pocket.

Midoki greed got the best of them.
    The 3:10 gem was the start of the wave of people leaving.
    The legendary Pirates being far from legendary. More gems to spend
    The WD being invincible to now dying by a strong wind.
    Every troop weakened cause the update made defenses useless
    And now instead of new legend pirates today we get the same shitty 2 we got at the start.

I have loved this game but now it seems to just be a bad habit, I know its hard to please everyone but it would be nice if you tried to please most instead of yourself.

2. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

I think a lot of people feel as you do Oak, there are a lot of problems that arrived in the last update. A lot of angry people now, more than ever before.

Tex, JackSparrow, SaK and 2 others like this.
  3. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

@Lynsey [Midoki] is something wrong with legendary pirate trade ship? Is this part of the plan to be able to get the same two pirates as we received the first week? I gem rushed my upgrade to level 3 fort and on the third week it's completely useless?!

Please tell me this is something that is getting fixed and that I'm not expected to wait another week for another 3 day timeframe to potential get Mack and Boomer again...

850arrr and Oak Doak like this.
  4. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

Raider likes this.
  5. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

You want the good news or bad news. ;)

6. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

@Daddy P is there actually good news?

7. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

If you have bought any pirate available, the trade ship has offered so far, there still would have been 1 new to buy with this weeks trade ship. But obviously u havn t, so don t complain. 1 pirate is the same for all and 1 is random. So if this weeks granted for all pirate is the one you had random before, but not bought, its possible things look the same. Needs not much logic to figure, imo. :rolleyes:

8. cmooneey

cmooneey First Mate

Not much logic needed? I have Mack, Boomer, Annabelle and Heston. I have level 3 fort to hold 6 pirates. I know Blackbeard is available and it appears that NO ONE got the sixth pirate in the series. On the third week(this week) of the guild ship I got the first offerings of Mack and Boomer again.

.... @HornyQuokka now where is the logic in that?

9. pkrhett

pkrhett Crew

made an account just to find this topic. when the trade chip came in with the same LEG, and the same outfits (only gem outfits), i was pissed. i immmediatly wanted to stop playing after seeing that. left a bad taste in my mouth considering the game keeps giving me golden idols with NO CHING. THANKS FOR THE SILVER MIDOKI, LET ME JUST THROW IT AWAY UNTIL BB COMES ON THE SHIP IN 2 MONTHS.

cmooneey likes this.
  10. Raider

Raider Powder Monkey

Didnt they say"new pirate each week?! i got the same 2 i got the first week.

cmooneey likes this.
  11. Skye

Skye Commodore

You get one fixed pirate per week and one random pirate per week. There are only 6 in the game so far, and only 5 have been released.

Week one you got Mack as your fixed pirate, and a chance to either get Boomer or Cornelius as your second pirate.
    Week two you got Annabelle as your fixed pirate, and a chance to get either Cornelius or Blackbeard as your second pirate. You could roll Cornelius both times, if you had bad luck.
    Week three has Boomer as the fixed pirate and either Mack or Blackbeard as your second pirate. Its possible to have all 5 at this point, but if you were unlucky on your draws, you had a repeat.

Its just luck, which is the nature of any random system. Some people will be lucky and have gotten a new pirate every time. Some people will have had bad luck and had a repeat. You still had an equal chance at getting them, you just had a bad draw.

They will most likely repeat each random pirate as a fixed pirate over the next couple weeks, guaranteeing all players have an opportunity to get all pirates. You just have to wait a little longer until that random pirate becomes a guaranteed fixed selection because you got unlucky when it was a random draw.
    Would you say its not fair that you got gunpowder in your chest but another player got a lucky draw and got 900 gems? You both had an equal opportunity at getting the same loot, you just were unlucky and rolled a worse outcome. Think of it as a once a week random chest. Some people had good draws, and some people got a repeat. But every person will definitely have a chance at all of them, the less lucky just have to wait slightly longer.

peg-brain bob and Bou Regreg like this.
  12. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

That's just nonsense, if they just gave 2 fixed pirates per week we'd all have 6 right now, pure nonsense. Next week I could still get 2 pirates I have already purchased as I'm still waiting on the Monkey guy.

13. I think Midoki did this purposely... To lure player to make an account in fourms... *pun intended* #sarcasm

Bl00dBaTh and cmooneey like this.
  14. Oak Doak

Oak Doak Crew

I've got all 4 pirates that have been available and rushed the fort to house the new legends today only to find that I had the 2 already. The thing is the legends are only one of the many problems. The legends are poor at best and a weak attempt to bring something new, the clothes changes are a joke why not make them have boasts or advantages?

Don't even get me started with rumbles.

SaK and cmooneey like this.
  15. yeti

yeti Captain

Yeah, might want to get your facts straight before insulting people's logic, lol. Plenty of us have bought every pirate available and just received duplicates on this weeks trade ship

cmooneey and Bl00dBaTh like this.
  16. Captain WF

Captain WF Powder Monkey

If Midoki make the same mistake which repeat the same pirates again, I guarantee people will starting to leave this game.

cmooneey likes this.
  17. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

No mater what, everyone would get repeats from week four and on until they add further LPs. It just so happens that an unlucky bunch got repeats on week three.

18. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yes but if that's the case it could be another 3 weeks by the time some get the pirate they need. Just silly.

19. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yea I find the addition of clothes to be just ridiculous, when they first arrived I thought buying different clothes added different abilities haha, so surprised to find out that they were totally pointless. It makes no real difference to me as I'll never spend anything on any of the outfits. I know some people will as some in my guild even spent 5k BP for Annabelles new outfit, seems crazy to me haha.

20. yeti

yeti Captain

That's really interesting, I am overflowing with silver and golden idols too, yet struggling to get anything i can actually use...wonder if they have a higher drop rate or we are just both really unlucky?