☠ * Tips for a better Guild System * thoughts? ☠

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Some notes that could make the guild experience a little better

I was just thinking of some notes that could make it easier for us guild leaders and the guild in general.
    Some ideas has already been brought up on this forum, but I thought I could add them all here and some new ones to make it a little easier.
    Ok, here are some notes:

A message where it says who kicked who, who demoted/promoted who etc, instead of the regular message, ''Mr.1'' has been kicked.
    Instead it would say, ''Mr.1'' has been kicked by ''Mr.2'', or ''Mr.1'' has been demoted by ''Mr.2''.

The ability to alter what the ranks do. Atm the one with the higher rank can demote/promote and kick the one with the lower rank. How about the Captain himself can change what the ranks do. Maybe some Captains only want the ranks to be ''symbolic''. Maybe the Captain wants to change it so that only the First Mates can kick/promote/demote, but not the Crew.

How bout another rank? I was thinking ''Quartermaster''.
    It would be Cabin Boy, Crew, First Mate, Quartermaster, Captain.
    I have seen on the forum that some people want more ranks, and a quartermaster could be that new one.
    In these times, pirates did have a quartermaster, so it would really fit in with the theme.

To be able to see the last time a player was logged in. This is important! Me and my First Mates are always trying to have a really active guild, and its really hard to tell sometimes since some people don't even chat.

Maybe the ability to see who donated in the last donation, and how much.

Fell free to add more notes if you come up with some.
    Thoughts?

Alnear, Kelani, Gristle and 1 other person like this.
  2. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

I think that pretty much sums everything up I would like. I would like to see Crew have extremely limited abilities, like invite only. Make the rank more symbolic that real.

Last log-in would be great. Then you could let people know, "Two weeks without a log-in and you are removed for inactivity", or whatever number you want...

Alnear and PlunderPirate like this.
  3. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I kicked 7 people recently, the only way i could tell where if their base was destroyed every time I checked, or that they still didn't make any progress. A ''last played'' message is very essential for us Captains if we want an active guild.

4. Agreed on all, and thank you for supporting my Quartermaster idea :)

5. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Was that from you? I actually came up with it myself:D haha

6. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

7. Yeah later he noted:

8. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Perfect! very nice:) Cause atm the guild system is pretty much just ranks and perks. Guild wars and things like that will be added in the future i guess. Cant w8 for that:D

9. Yeah me and my guild are wildly speculating about upcoming features on our forum

10. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

sounds nice man:) Was it hard to create a personal forum? its costs money right?

11. Nope it's free! It takes some time to get it right, but when it runs it runs pretty smooth.
    Check out moreforum.com

Kelani likes this.
  12. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

sweet. So its pretty much sign up and your done? How about the design? can I upload pics and design it a little?

13. They got like pretty good templates you can use. Then you can add your own pics. Or you can design it by yourself in HTML and CSS if you can.
    For example see ours: www.sinistersouls.moreforum.com

14. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Ah, and then everyone have to sign in and you have your own little forum:D that is awesome man.

15. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I think I will make one as well in time. Atm I have much to do. But soon:D

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  16. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

Since this is an awesome an comprehensive list of improvements I will let the redirect from this forum stay for short while longer so more people can talk about this.

However, guilde improvements and even some of those points have been discussed already in the correct forum section. --> Ideas and Feature Requests->Guild Improvements

Please continue the discussion there :)

17. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Oh, my bad! I forgot there was a section for this.
    Thx AngryBeard for the redirection:)
    And yea I also want to see what people think, feel free to add some notes yourself if you come up with any;)
    I really like this game, together we will make it even better:D

PlunderPirate likes this.
  18. AngryBeard

AngryBeard Community Manager

That's the spirit and words to live by! :)