☠ * Tips for a better Guild System * thoughts? ☠

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by Edward Kenway, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Together for a brighter future....are we shooting a corporate yearly meeting video? :)

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

yes:D of course!

3. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

I like these alterations. How do you feel about the ability to have a guild vault where members can donate plunder that can be distributed based on varying variables to be determined by well you guys and the admins alike.

4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

http://www.midoki.com/forum/index.php?threads/vault.51/

5. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

hmm.. that is interesting, a guild vault/bank that gets distributed to all the players.
    Maybe that could be another perk? Guild bank perk.
    And when people donate some, you could get a daily reward of a moderate sum of gold and grog. Is that what you meant?

6. HoyaSaxa

HoyaSaxa Powder Monkey

how about a guild "tips" page to list out various hints, strategies, etc?

7. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

You mean like an extra message board info? atm we have guild description and message of the day.

8. HoyaSaxa

HoyaSaxa Powder Monkey

yes, in addition to those. I've got a few thousand words of tips to share with new guild members

9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I just direct my guildies to the forums

10. HoyaSaxa

HoyaSaxa Powder Monkey

but then you'd be sharing strategies with your opponents.... :mad:

11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I believe in freedom of information :)

12. We have our own forum for that, adding pictures of base defenses and everything. Works like a charm

One-Eyed Willy likes this.
  13. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

Yes it would be something where guild members could collaborate together to achieve some long term goals to accumulate massive amounts of plunder that could be used to expand a guild rather than an individual player's base. It could be used to go towards a upcoming guild building that would allow it's members to benefit from the perk who are a certain rank. Offering incentive to deserve promotion. Furthermore it could be distributed in small stipends each week.

Gangrene Beard and Edward Kenway like this.
  14. Mark'sha

Mark'sha Powder Monkey

i agree on all the proposition above especially the improoved ranks and the possibility to see who promoted demoted kicked seems very nice
    also, i would like to have an internal guild market of resources and possibly guild wars :D

One-Eyed Willy likes this.
  15. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'm curious to see how Midoki handles this.

16. Wepwaet

Wepwaet Crew

I completely agree on a message of who kicked a guild member and a log that doesn't disappear. I am down three people today and have no idea who kicked them.

17. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I suggest downgrading everyone if that happened, and only promote people you somewhat trust

18. Bear

Bear Commodore

People get rank crazy anyways. I mean. What's the point of having a guild with 20/50 members are first mates and the rest are crew.. Too much power distribution. It's better to keep the rank to trusted and loyal members of like minds. Keep the number set, or at least small. And don't promote every pirate that throws a little grog or gold your way at the tavern.

19. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

haha yea true:D I think note number 2 would solve this.

20. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

This is why Atari has only one first mate.