5* Monster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ultimate Sea Dog, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

I have seen 5* Mighty Krakens and a 5* Serpent. Any ideas to fight them? I get "suicidal" whenever I try:(

2. Skye

Skye Commodore

For both of those, I use 17 brutes and 2 gunners, max level of course. You may want to avoid fighting too many other battles on the way.

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

I still send my normal raiding crew out to explore. Works fine. I've had 2-3 voyages where I lost my crew on the final target. (no suicidal or dangerous warnings showed up before I sailed as usual.)

4. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

Your troops, even in quantity, don't have the training to go after the 5* monsters. Two things: (1) hold off on attacking the big monsters until you get better troops, and (2) upgrade your academy and train your troops.

peg-brain bob, Shonda La and Rachael like this.
  5. Rachael

Rachael Crew

Also gotta get that ship upgraded to carry more troops!

Shonda La likes this.
  6. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

It's the tavern that controls number of troops - ship level affects distance! ;)

Rachael likes this.
  7. Rachael

Rachael Crew

Aahh so right!

8. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

But her point is still valid, even if it doesn't make sense here. :)

peg-brain bob and Rachael like this.
  9. Rachael

Rachael Crew

Hehe it made sense in my sleepy brain!

peg-brain bob and Shonda La like this.
  10. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Absolutely a valid suggestion!
    (hence the reason for my correction - so people take on board the 'intention' rather than the drunken execution) ;)

Rachael likes this.
  11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

The more troops you take, the better your chance to win. I always send a ship full of bucs unless i'm going after multiple monsters, then I send a WD, because they can decrease troops eaten by around 40%.

If I go after a multiple 4-5* monsters or Ghost ship, I send 2-3 troops who have a skill vs that particular monster.

Sea, I really wouldn't bother with 5* monsters until you have a maxed ship. With the ship you have, even a 4* monster can kick your ass, if you don't send the right mix of troops.

Bou Regreg and Skye like this.
  12. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

My ship crew is always full of different crew, mostly because when I finish a battle I might not have used some crew like the HG I keep for extra firepower, so my current ship crew has 3 HG, 1 WD, 20 Guns, 5 Brutes, 2 Juggs & the rest made up of a mixture of Bombers, Skellies & SR hahaha
    I always use a WD in my ship crew, he actually protects your ship crew so you don't use half as many crew in battles, I beat 5*Serpents with very little crew. I can hit like 4 or 5 other things along the way to the Serpent & still have crew left, it might be costly but if you are travelling that far you might as well hit others along the way.

13. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

It would be great if we could hire the ship crew separately from the map menu, that way we can send it out whenever we like, now I have to wait until I've used all my crew. And because of the rehire button (which I now press everytime) I end up with a whole new crew being made so I can't hit the reclaim crew button because I lose half the grog spent on the new crew if you do so.

Tiger Claw likes this.
  14. @Bl00dBaTh if i remember right, the seperate rehire button for exploration is already being considered by Midoki

@Ultimate Sea Dog For PH6 the definite crew to take the 5* monsters are 10 juggs and 4 witch doctors and the rest Bombers, will definitely take out anything

15. @Rachael the number of crew the ship carries rely on the Tavern Capacity i guess

Rachael likes this.
  16. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

There is no way you need 4 WD, 1 is enough when mixed with Guns, Juggs, Brutes & Bombers.

Rachael likes this.
  17. @Bl00dBaTh i attack few other monsters along the way, mostly 2 or 3 star maybe not accurate enough for just 5*, but it's a definite without getting lost at sea

18. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

So, as a PH7 with Academy 6, I'm thinking its not wise to go after 5* monsters?

19. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Put a WD in your crew along with Juggs, Brutes, Gunners & Bombers & see do you get a warning message over the Monster/Ship, if not, you're safe to attack.
    Also look at each crew members, some have special abilities that deal extra damage to Monsters or ships at sea, like the Gunner with Ships, the Sky Raider with Ghost Ships, Brute with sea Monsters & the Bomber with Krackens.

20. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Yes, thanks for the help Bloodbath. Just wondering if low level troops are able to take down the high level monsters. It's how's suicidal and I get that it's a clear indication you shouldn't attack the monster. Just that it fails the attack sometimes without letting me know, and i kinda get bummed out about it.