5* Monster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ultimate Sea Dog, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yes don't attack if it says suicidal, it's very important that you use a Witch Doctor in your ship crew, it will protect your ship crew so you end up losing a lot less crew.

Skillzone10 likes this.
  2. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Does it matter if I use one WD or two?

3. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

[​IMG]
    That's with only 1 WD in my crew, that's a 2* Kraken, a 4* Mighty Kraken, a 5* Kraken & then a 5* Serpent.
    [​IMG]
    Again with only 1 WD, a 2* Blue Fish, a 3* Ship, 3* Ghost ship, 4* Blue Fish & then a 5* Ghost ship.

4. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Try with 1 first, use about 20 Gunners, then mix of Juggs & Brutes, Brutes will deal extra damage to Serpents.

Skillzone10 likes this.
  5. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Okee dokee, will try. Thank you!

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  6. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

No need for 4 WDs!

7. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

But you have PH9 and probably AC8. Things are different for AC6.

8. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Haha, yep. Just choosing between one and two.

9. Rachael

Rachael Crew

Yea my brain wasn't working yesterday ;)

10. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Yes but even at PH7 I was taking out max Serpents. That pic I posted was just to show that other guy that 1 WD will do, I thought he was PH9, I may have been mistaken.

11. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Oh, I see. Thank you for the help once again. I will try to interpret those strategies and hopefully get my hands on some nice materials from the 5* Monsters.

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Ok guys, this is accumulated knowledge from a lot of forum veterans after a year of chasing down map monsters. It's always good to try new things, but you acn take our word for this.

1. The more troops you take, the better your chance of winning a battle. Try sending 1 troop to almost any monster, and it will say suicidal. Add a few more troops, and it will change to Dangerous. Add a few more, and you'll see no flag.

2. Unless you are going after like 6+ monsters in one trip, there is NO need to send multiple WDS. And even then, 2 is all you need. They usually die in the first battle or two anyway. One WD = 40% fewer troops eaten. Two WD = 40% fewer troops eaten. No benefit for sending more.

3. Sending more expensive Multi-tavern-slot troops is rarely better. This lowers your total troop count, costs more and takes longer to fill your ship, and doesn't really make it any more likely you'll survive. Having a skill vs Serpents or other monster doesn't make them into killing machines. A shipload of 60 bucs can do just as well as a bunch of Brutes or Juggs. And because you have more troops, in some cases, they can do better.

Just think of it like raiding. Who ever attacks a base with all Heavy troops (Brutes/Juggs) and Bombers? Your lighter troops (bucs/gunners) do most of the heavy lifting, while the Brutes/Juggs are there purely in a supporting role.

awbo likes this.
  13. Skye

Skye Commodore

Brutes are actually the cheapest and fastest troop to train by far in terms of grog and time per slot filled. And if you're only fighting monster type battles, a ship full of only max level brutes will do fine. The sea battle abilities make a huge difference. Specialize for what you're fighting. If you're fighting only ships, sending a ship full of only gunners will do fine.

Any death reduction from a WD is probably not worth the cost or training time if you can win your journey without one, it would have to save 50 gunners to be cheaper and it likely won't save enough to be worth that, especially if it dies off in the first battle or two. If you're lower level and struggling with a specific battle even if you avoid anything else on the route, then it might be worth it, but otherwise you can probably get by without it and save a ton of grog.

14. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Thanks for the help everyone! (Noting down everything in a hurry)
    Voyages.......will never be the same!

15. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Thanks guys! Now to pray that my ship doesn't get gobbled up be the 5* Mighty Kraken...

16. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

I always find it to be entertaining while my ship is attacking the Kraken because it looks like the ship is getting pounded and clobbered and then the next thing I know, I win the battle, and it only took like one Jugg.

C.Calamity likes this.
  17. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

18. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

I need the rare item for Lvl. 5 Mack McKraken. That's the only reason I'm trying to mess with 5*'s. What are my chances of actually getting a rare item though? I hate when I get gold and grog as its only like 25k max and that's basically the cost of the troops that were used in the battle.

19. Skye

Skye Commodore

You'll probably have to fight the monster about 4-5 times per rare item. If you avoid attacking anything else on your journey and take the shortest path to it, and send your ship out asap when it gets back, you will probably get both in about two or three days. If you can beat it easily, you can probably chain a couple weaker monsters on your way without adding too much to your sailing time, for a chance at battered chests.

20. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Yah Skye. Same thing I was thinking. I'll send out the troops I need once my current voyage is over in a few hours.