5* Monster

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ultimate Sea Dog, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

They may be cheaper, and I agree with sending more specialized troops when you are attacking several of a certain difficult monster type, but since troops' ability to die doesn't really seem to be tied to their Toughness (I've seen a 1* Shark eat 2 high-level Brutes, 2 Juggs and 1 Buc), you can run the risk of being lost at sea from having fewer troops on your ship.

2. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Yah, I will focus on dominating the crew with pirates that have the special ability needed to defeat the monsters, but also mix it up a bit to increase the number, sorta like reinforcements, or backup.

3. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Hey, no need for 5*s. Just get a Davy Jones. Got 5 rubies and lost them due to no space in the stinking Silo:(

4. awbo

awbo Captain

You know you can sell stuff from the silo?

Shonda La and Ian like this.
  5. Ian

Ian Commodore

Or upgrade it... or even just sit on the chests until you do upgrade... ;)

Bou Regreg and awbo like this.
  6. Ultimate Sea Dog

I didn't know back then.:(

7. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

I'll just focus on everything, but Davy Jones are pretty rare. I'll try to take my chances. At least I know the balance for the troops in an exploration voyage.

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yup. It's a great way to free up space, but the gold you get for selling is ROFL-worthy.

9. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

You actually have to GET items before you can sell them lolz

10. Ultimate Sea Dog

Yeah. BTW- I defeated the 5* Mighty Kraken!

@Kelani I've tried your method of 60 Buccs. Lasted 5 sails (each one I fought crabs, Royal Navies, and whatever would give me voodoo masks)-total of 15 enemies and 60 Buccs! Of course, by the last few I had added a few more to help on the life support, but still, the method works despite my disbelief. Oh well, if there's one thing I agree with you, it's this.

Disclaimer: DO NOT USE THIS ARMY FOR 5* MONSTERS

11. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

It works? Gee. Imagine that. :rolleyes:

You really think I'd still be using and posting about this ship crew for over a year if it didn't work?

Um, no. I use the same damn army for 5* monsters. If you're dying, maybe that's because of your L4 ship, which is just strong enough to go after 4* Monsters, or your bucs are too low level, or you're trying to attack multiple monsters in addition to the 5* which given the first two things I just mentioned, would be a colossally bad idea.

12. Ultimate Sea Dog

No, no. I wanted to use 60 AC5 Buccs for an attack on the 5* Mighty Kraken, but.... it said suicidal. So I used it to attack a poor PH5 player:)

13. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

60 bucs, 120 bucs, doesn't really matter. My point:

1, L4 ship can't handle it.
    2. AC5 troops are (at best) barely strong enough to go after those guys.

14. Ultimate Sea Dog

But... 10 troops upon 37 survived my raid on the 5* Kraken!