Ability to save island layout

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by kingharry2010, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Kyzo

Kyzo Crew

I back this idea id love to have the ability to have a few layouts

I love the editor allows me to freely create

2. Agreed. If I can't save at least one work-in-progress, even with the editor, I have to set aside an hour - hour and a half.

*Disclaimer: if you are 12 and you can edit faster than an hour, great. Please move on. I am not the father droid figure you are looking for (to take out your angst against).

*Disclaimer 2: love the game, love the editor, just really hoping for a save folder.

Scar Face, Gangrene Beard and Kyzo like this.
  3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

i now refer to my reading glasses as editing spyglasses

Tex and Bones Harmon like this.
  4. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

+1. Been wishing I could do this since the editor came out. Would be a very nice feature

Bones Harmon likes this.
  5. Bear

Bear Commodore

I get great service in my bathroom. So it is now my "editing studio".

Kawika, Tex, Captain Hakjka and 2 others like this.
  6. Jun

Jun First Mate

I'd DISAGREE with saving multiple layouts, because my concern is that it then truly becomes too easy to copy someone's base at the top. If you have save slots, you might as well recreate each of those top bases and just keep swapping. Saving "in-progress" base edits is reasonable, but you shouldn't have 1-click base X, Y, or Z slots.

7. I don't understand why having save slots is more likely to copy a high base layout, or why that's a problem. Can you elaborate?

Bones Harmon likes this.
  8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Same. If someone's really wanting to copy a layout, they're going to do it. They'll just take a screenshot and perfectly replicate it. All saved layouts does is make it easier for everyone to switch between different base styles. A big plus, IMO.

9. Rachael

Rachael Crew

+1 on this feature. I spent a couple hours playing with different ideas and layouts last night. I would like to have my "pretty island" back every now and then without having to spend hours changing and moving things around. One click would be amazing.

Yes yes I know "pretty islands" are easy targets but I like looking at it every now and then :p

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I share this sentiment :)

Rachael likes this.
  11. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

+2 to this :)

12. +1

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  13. Bryno

Bryno Crew

This is done All the time and most put thier own twist on the reproductions. A saved file for ones best base for differing situations would be a great addition. Amen

14. Kawika

Kawika Crew

Hope the seat's padded :p

+1 for me as well

15. TBird

TBird Captain

While I was bored waiting for the update, I tried Tiny Realms
    In that you can save 3 different base layouts in the editor.
    Good thing that can be borrowed from another game for PP @Chris [Midoki] and @Lynsey [Midoki]

Rachael likes this.
  16. Kawika

Kawika Crew

Big +1! Would love to switch between farm and rank push configurations.

Scar Face and Smelly_Vile like this.
  17. Nizno

Nizno Crew

+1 Totally agree on this!

We dont have to be able to save 10 layouts, but 2 or 3 (coc?) would be nice.

Atleast 1 farm base and 1 PR base!

Scar Face likes this.
  18. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

+1 to Kawika's point.