Ability to save island layout

Discussion in 'Build Improvements' started by kingharry2010, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Damien

Damien Powder Monkey

Hell yes, I would be willing to pay a great amount of gems for extra layout slots.

2. Kakashi

Kakashi Crew

MAYBE NOT
    Great,I would say some..

3. Strike

Strike Crew

Would be PERFECT:)

Kakashi likes this.
  4. Alnear

Alnear Powder Monkey

This one has to be done! We need to be able to save 2 or 3 island layouts I totally agree with you!

Scar Face likes this.
  5. DamianWars

DamianWars First Mate

I have always thought this feature was worth it and lately even more so. I have been experimenting with some non traditional layouts and the current one I'm on is not working. This means I will have to change it and I'm dreading doing it because of the effort involved.

This exta effort is going to stifle innovation in layouts and people will just stick to traditional layouts. All layouts have a weakness and when 8/10 islands are exactly the same you learn the weakness and everything gets boring and predictable, but when there is more variety of layouts it's going to stimulate the players better.

It would be so much better if I knew I could "dabble" with a layout while knowing I can switch back to more trusted layouts on the fly. At least 3 saved layouts or even 4 I think would be needed. All of this can be saved locally and the server only needs to remember the current layout so this shouldn't be an issue of extra server load.

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

This is especially needed for rumbles, where one may need to switch rapidly between a farming and war layout. If more war features are planned, then it's even more needed.

awbo, Ian and Christy like this.
  7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Agreed. It was already needed. Now it is needed doubly.

Scar Face likes this.
  8. Sozzeled

Sozzeled Powder Monkey

This x100000000

I got three phone calls today in the span of 30 min, each time required me to start over building my town since I can not save the progress. Soooooo annoying.

9. Ian

Ian Commodore

10. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

idea: 3 slots only.
    You could have your "pretty island” while online, and a defensive when offline.

11. MidasRex

MidasRex Powder Monkey

12. Spyder

Spyder Powder Monkey

Since the fort affects different things according to which legend you have defending, I'd say this idea is more important than ever.

+1

Bou Regreg likes this.
  13. Bear

Bear Commodore

Totally! Worthy bump

14. killua

killua Powder Monkey

15. Ian

Ian Commodore

waiting, waiting...... :(

16. I have been wanting one for ages! I have a unique base design I have been slowly working on for ages, and because I don't want to loose it, it is stopping me from experimenting with more contemporary designs. Would love to be able to save it!!

awbo and Scar Face like this.
  17. Keelhauler Jake

Keelhauler Jake First Mate

+1 from me also.
    As someone who has painstakingly copied another island several times I'm proof that it just takes a little determination. I then mod them a little for what it's worth. Anyway, the copy feature doesn't break the game open. In fact, if copying were easier, people might "crack" the top bases as they'd come across them more often. That might lead to more innovation.

Might be on another thread, but I'd like a "select" function to move certain base elements/areas to the editor stores. The usual multi-select/unselect by holding a key down and a drag rectangle would be great. Plus obviously you'd be able to repeat the operation until all of the pieces you wanted to modify were in the editor stores. The current all or nothing approach is a little heavy handed.

Clearly a more "friendly" editor is high on a lot of wish lists.

Scar Face likes this.
  18. Kamikazemug

Kamikazemug First Mate

I am gonna miss the "swapping-back-to-you-old-lay-out-after-a-horrible-week-of-loosing" aft r you tried a new exotic lay-out. 30-45 min of juggling with holdings an canons.... :(
    naaaagh! +23 (the lot of our guild that is)
    This function has been mentioned over and over in discussions so at some time in the future IT WILL BE THERE! ;)

Scar Face likes this.
  19. Scar Face

Scar Face Crew

+1 +1 +1 ...

awbo likes this.
  20. awbo

awbo Captain

I would like to experiment with layouts but would be nice to be able to save one so I can revert to it. It's so much work and then if I don't like my new one, so much work to go back to the old one. Please let's put this on the priority list.

Smelly_Vile likes this.