Anyone found the recent update unhelpful?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wss5112, Apr 18, 2015.

1. yeti

yeti Captain

Score! Lol

Bear likes this.
  2. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Thanks, sounds promising! But now I'm curious - are revenge attacks any different than regular ones? Do I have better odds of winning a revenge attack, perhaps?

3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Nope! Gameplay is exactly the same, the only difference is how the islands are loaded in - a normal one comes in through the matchmaking, a Revenge one comes through a different bit of code, which throws out the numbers for the replay (but not the actual attack).

We're hoping that we can get any replay issues whittled away, but if you're still experiencing them, then it'd be awesome if you could report what the replay discrepancy is from (i.e. is it a replay of you attacking a base, or of your island being attacked), and whether or not it was a revenge attack.

4. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

My Island defense replays, not revenges, are more often wrong than right. Eg, log shows I was beaten for 70%, replay shows a win for me at 35%. Not just a little wrong, very wrong.
    I can also say many of the replays posted in our guild are still wrong, attacks and defences.

5. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Same here - almost every time I lose a defense and watch the replay, I win the defense in the replay, so I cannot tell where my weakness is. And like @Salty Snack, it's off by a LOT, I have seen differences over 60%.

6. Hard Rooster

Hard Rooster Powder Monkey

I don't notice a tremendous difference in attack vs defense. Id say defense replays NEVER meet the percentage shown in the log. Offense replays are accurate, I'm guesstimating, 10% of the time. I think 100%'s with a minute left over have a better chance of being accurate. Barely get a 100%, or do less than 100% and I don't usually get an accurate replay.

Of then there are huge discrepancies. I've had an 86% win replay as a 36% loss. I've had a 24% defense win replay as a 57% loss.

I hope some of this is helpful.

Raptelan likes this.
  7. Tex

Tex Commodore

I found all those percentages a bit hard to follow. I guesstimate that I understood less than 100% but more than 50%, or maybe around 24% of 86%. But that is probably 10% of what I really understood. :confused:

# Johnny Doe #, awbo and Bear like this.
  8. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

I just got one overnight. I was revenged but I won, they got 39% I think. Replay they were around 50%, knocked over my PH so I lost. I can check details later from home (don't have ipad at work) if it help. Maybe tomorrow I could check on my galaxy note 4 instead.....

9. Hard Rooster

Hard Rooster Powder Monkey

LOL, well you understand wit for sure, Tex.

I never managed to work numbers into the English language well. Probably why I failed algebra.

All I was saying is replays are inaccurate, and defensive replays are more innacurate.

Tex likes this.
  10. Bathplug

Bathplug Powder Monkey

I have maxed pirates and started to really struggle since the update. I find the bombers worse than before. I used to use 6 but now I need 10 and still struggle to get through walls as quick as before. In addition to the 4 extra bombers, I also have needed to add a second witch doctor and still struggle to get one or two stars. Plus like everyone else already mentioned the gunners seem worse to.

Raptelan likes this.
  11. Burnz

Burnz Captain

It really isn't all that hard to follow, I'll translate it for you Tex. Translation is in red.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    Tex likes this.
  12. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Like most statistics, replays are 96% made up on the spot.

13. Bear

Bear Commodore

60% of the time, they work every time.

Coochie, Hard Rooster, Burnz and 2 others like this.
  14. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Certainly new content is necessary to keep players' interest; bring on claw hand man! Won't get any rebuttals here. (Just to argue the potential downside, new content takes storage space, computing resources and could affect gameplay- my linked game on a Galaxy Note II is a little jerky just spinning the island.)
    Players will stick with PP if it's fun and continues to have fresh content, but I doubt anyone will be discussing errands much in guild or on the Forum in a couple weeks. Thus the fundamentals of gameplay deserve more attention IMHO because good gameplay has staying power.

Because replays are the primary path to learning how to better attack and better defend, they are fundamental to gameplay. Guild members can't show me where I went wrong if I can't accurately share my miserable failures!
    If troops' AI sends them in wild directions, back and forth in and out of walls, firing on collapsed buildings etc, casual players won't collect as much loot and will progress slower while players pushing for rank feel cheated. Fundamentally sound gameplay benefits everyone!

As a side note, anyone continuing to visit or post on the Forum, even if they're frustrated, is at least positive or interested enough to have stuck with the game. Some just quietly disappear. For me, I've enjoyed this game for 6 months!

yeti and Raptelan like this.
  15. Coochie

Coochie Powder Monkey

That's the smell of desire M'lady...

Bear likes this.
  16. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Agreed. The bugs really don't bother, or affect me to any real extent. It's a game, I just want it to be fun. As long as changes are continuously made to make the game more fun I'm good. I definitely cannot get on board with developers stopping production on more content to work on the replay bug or something of that nature. That would be a humongous mistake; we all know how long it takes to get new content as it is.

17. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Lynsey, do you actually play the game at any level? I apologize in advance for being terse. But the replays have been somewhat of a joke. As an active player I see on a constant basis errors with replays, to the point they are not worth posting, I rarely ever revenge, except against a top player. During the recent push the replays were more than 70% incorrect.

18. She was referring to tests for the replay fix I think

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Yep, I've got an active account on the live server with you lot that I play on a daily basis, as well as playing the in-development builds on the dev server, also on a daily basis.

We've already acknowledged that there are issues in the replays, and we've tracked down some of the issues (sky raiders, revenge attacks).

The actual figure for incorrect replays is around 17% across the active player base, which is obviously a lot higher than we'd like, and some players will get higher than that according to their play style. We're working on tracking down and eradicating all of the replay issues.

lady blackbeard and Bear like this.
  20. yeti

yeti Captain

Just a quick report of a replay issue in a non revenge attack. In replay, WD followed a different set of troops. Real attack PH was taken out and all loot for a 2 star 93% win, replay, PH remained along with some loot for a one star 82% win