Banging Skulls vs Pirates United Main

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Spongee, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Banging Skulls just finished a great rumble against PU Main. PU pushed hard and forced us to bring out our best. Both guilds brought their "A" game setting new rumble score records. Proud of our team for stepping up to the challenge. Banging Skulls has always been low key, but they will bring it when a challenge is presented. Thanks to my team for doing the Skulls name proud. Thanks to PU for an exciting rumble. It was one of those rumbles both teams deserved to win.

[​IMG]

Intimidator and Tex like this.
  2. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

For two guilds to generate rumble scores that high the rewards seem trivial at best. Hats off to both guilds and may both guilds be on vacation should they ever be matched against mine.

...I will now have dreams of attaining such lofty scores, and nightmares of matching up with a guild that can post such scores...

3. Can't imagine the total number of gems spent by both teams

AcProt likes this.
  4. CAN NOT HEAR YOU ON TOP OF RANK TABLE.... Killing plastic walls at 200s vs fighting against level 13 walls above 600-700 PR and strong designs....Anyway was good time to chill... Damn proud to be in PU always hold their position in top 3 doesnt matter farming season or not ... Cheers

5. Pirate Bee

Pirate Bee First Mate

Midoki thanks you for the new cars, boats, and other new toys from the gems purchased to win and Come in 2nd. Hey even the 3rd place guild had quite the score too.

6. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Ezio_KulidzeTKM Think most people already know we care nothing about holding rank at the Skull guilds, as we feel it's foolish and we don't have anything to prove (just as some people feel rumble scores like these are foolish and wasteful). If we did want to be highly ranked, we would be there.

Let me add. That is why I have always said people should find a guild that fits their personality. If a player cares about being in a guild that is always highly rank, they should join a guild like Pirates United, as they would be disappointed in our attitude when it comes to high rank. We feel it is more important for a player to work on leveling up their island at whichever rank provides the best opportunity to do.

Would gladly welcome another game wide guild rank competition.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Intimidator, The Reaper, Tex and 4 others like this.
  7. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

We were joking about the poor third place guild, as their score would've gotten them certain first place almost any other rumble. They were putting up a respectful fight for the first 12 hours, and went to sleep in first place. It was with 10 hours to go that both PU and BS started to put on the gas. The poor team woke up in third and must of thought who are these two crazy fools and wisely said we want no part of that insanity. That third place team probably could've put up much stronger numbers given other competition.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Intimidator, # Johnny Doe # and awbo like this.
  8. Deadwood

Deadwood Powder Monkey

High rank or not, thats a great score! Nice win Banging Skulls!

9. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

I think it's pretty obvious if any of the Skull guilds wanted to push rank they would be tough to beat. If you don't realize that then you're just kidding yourself.

It's easy after the event to make up a reason to make you happy with your 2nd or 3rd place. Whatever floats your boat.

Great scores by all

10. LYM

LYM Captain

Ouch, I hope you guys got some long streaks in there. Good battle but don't you think a guild war based of attack skill base defences would give you much more to shout about rather than highlighting who can spend the most gems.

Christy likes this.
  11. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@LYM I agree 100%. My reason for posting was not so much to 'shout about' the score (I am proud of our team), it was intended more to hopefully discourage any guilds that may encounter Banging Skulls in a future rumble. I wanted other guilds to see the strength of Banging Skulls, in hopes it may give other guilds pause in trying as hard, and save everyone involved time and money.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    # Johnny Doe # and Intimidator like this.
  12. Эскадрон

Эскадрон Powder Monkey

Laughing Skulls ! Enchanting amazing win !

13. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I hope that is not the case. I like seeing strong battles, it shows the seriousness and determination of guilds.

LYM likes this.
  14. @Spoonge
    Hello there.....
    Again, Congrats on your achievement ... PP is dedicated for diverse class of people....rich, middle class , businessman, stundent.. etc. Yet as a student I ( personally) play the game because you can achieve eventually to max point with or 'WITHOUT' extra support from your pocket unlike other online games.... with All respect I dont really know how thick your pocket is Spoonge, honestly I really dont care.... As you said each guilds have their unique aspects ... players should go to the guild where they fit best... If your pocket is thick and ready to pay the game one of the best place to go might be LS for you...in other hand, in PU gemming is NOT MANDATORY ; all you need is commitment and skills... if player lack skills we train them and pull out the hidden monster from inside to out...yet we try our best when it comes on it...If a player look for true PP experience and 'stand your ground' attitude, PU is one the best guild you may find in the game as all we know..
    Many people complain midoki making the game gem based ... but in my opinion they mistaken , midoki has nothing to do with it... If there is anyone to blame it is 'US' making it extreme and gemming such high... maybe we are crazy... may be not... I dont know....and yet midoki deserves earnings for such awsome game
    About yesterdays rumble dynamics was not quite equal... gap of PR was 3000 on guilds... if you are reasonable man you should get it... But still you did quite impressive job... salute

Another paragraph is for people who thinks I make excuses... maybe as you said @ Johnny Doe it might easy to make excuses after all... but it is more easier to grab chair and watch clash of Titans and make some empty mouth comments...without proving nothing by yourself... personally I dont remember Bad Piggies made high impact and any impressive work....
    Enjoy the game fellas... thats all about it...only matter is which style you prefer...

Sincerely
    Ezio

15. LYM

LYM Captain

it was a good effort for both teams, i woupd suggest this will not discourage other team but challange them. Who has more to worry about in reputation, the one who says look at us dont bother trying or you will lose or the under dog.

There is always a bigger fish in plunder sea

16. The Reaper

The Reaper Powder Monkey

Wow. Those are incredible scores!

17. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Ezio_KulidzeTKM

Your gem comment is rather amusing. To imply gemming is a requirement in our guild would be highly inaccurate. We have many players that do not gem in rumbles, and did not use gems in the rumble against PU Main. I can honestly say we have many players in Banging Skulls that do not buy gems (if they did, it may have been $10-$20 at most to get extra builder huts early on). I noticed PU had a rather high score. It would not be far fetched to assume that PU spends just as much money on gems, if not more. I think we both know PU Main has much higher requirements and expectations than Banging Skulls, that require people to spend far more money than Banging Skulls does. We did not win because we had deeper pockets, we won because our players wanted the win more than your team. Our team put in more effort than your team. We had more people online for most of the rumble than your team. Teamwork, that being more effort by more players got us the win, not gems.

You keep bringing up the rank thing. Yes, PU maintained a higher rank. I applaud your team for maintaining a higher rank throughout the rumble. As I said before, Banging Skulls has never once cared anything about rank. We farm where the farming is best. We raid in rumbles where the raiding is best. We consider this playing smart. There is limited grog in the higher ranks, think everyone knows that. We don't make our players struggle to constantly maintain a high rank. We see no advantage to constantly maintaining a high rank, other than self promotion and recruitment. As Banging Skulls is full, no reason for us to promote ourselves for recruitment purposes.

Based on your comments, let me explain something you may not be aware of. Banging Skulls is not our main guild. They are our second team, just like PUV, or PUX, etc... Yes, we do have some crazy players that buy gems. Most of those players are in Laughing Skulls. Banging Skulls has always been our more casual guild, for the players that were not hard core like Laughing Skulls. It is for that reason that I am proud of Banging Skulls for working together as a team and putting in the extra effort. I am proud of them for doing what it takes to beat a team like PU Main, one of the best and HIGHEST RANKED teams in Plunder Pirates.

18. Skye

Skye Commodore

I would love to see the breakdown of individual scores in that! I'm sure some of you guys put up some crazy numbers!

Ezio_KulidzeTKM likes this.
  19. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

No worries @Ezio_KulidzeTKM , we don't ever try to advertise that we are anything except a guild that works together. We have previously been #1 global guild so I understand why you're so proud of a top 3 placing. We Piggies maintain a healthy family of guilds. We play this game for what it is...a game.

We forfeit rumbles when we get matched above our weight...if we see Laughing Skulls or Banging Skulls in our rumble then we decide if second place is worth fighting for...because rumbles are not why we play this game.

But we will never say that we lost to a better team because they are not on top of a global ranking that currently means nothing. We will accept that we were beaten in that rumble because of people using the rumble rules to win. Fair game. Skulls are the top of the rumble game. If you can't see that then just enjoy being top 3 in your rumbles against them.

See you when guild wars comes though ;)

Spongee, MorganFlint and Bou Regreg like this.
  20. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh you say 20$.... I will pretend I believe you.... your top 3 (all under 100-200 pr) put 220k which is 1/3 of total score.... and rest 47 people rest 60%.... Dude show me that you are more than your bloody gems.... With rough calculation you can attack 40 times in 24 hrs assuming you tavern takes 40 min (assuming you play non stop)... let it be 50 times (30 minustes) .... yet PTO spent 2000 gems to do that ( I did it for her) yet it is only for one rumble.....Don't tell me PU spend more gems than LS or BS... you make joke of yourself...I removed my banner because now I represent myself rather than PU...it became personal debate....Stop poisoning the game with your bloody gems or at least don't brag about you are the BEST spending on it....

I see your point on your low PR .. you want get loot and build your base...but apparently your bases maxed out already...stay farmers forever...and we stay as fighters ... that's a difference

I personally challenge you (not to your guild) bring your farmer ass to top and show what you made of....and make the game more interesting ....game is not all about money... after all it is a game...

PS: nice ratio on your wins Spoonge 229/425 :)