Banging Skulls vs Pirates United Main

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Spongee, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

You get points a lot easier at lower ranks. You can take a base for 500 points for an army that costs half as many gems as one at a high rank. 400 gems could comfortably get you a 100 streak, for 500 points each base against a weak low-PR ph9, netting 50,000 points.

You'll have to forfeit more or less every other battle to stay down low, which explains the win/loss ratio. But not everyone enjoys constantly fighting the same three base designs on the leaderboard, and fighting down low and trying to win with a super cheap army is fun :) Instead of "how can i beat this really hard design" its "how cheap can I make my army and still win?" This is a process a lot of RPG fans will understand, as its a form of minmaxing, and certainly appeals to those of us that care about optimum efficiency.

As for costs:

At 200 gems per dollar (buying gems when $100 gets 20k gems), thats only $4 to score 100,000 points. Not a lot of money at all. If you bought your gems during the black friday sale last year, $100 got you 24,000 gems, and if you buy itunes gift cards online, you can get a $100 gift card for $80, meaning you get 300 gems per dollar, or only $2.66 to put up 100,000 points. And in the process get about $40 worth of free chests.

Its certainly not expensive to put up huge scores. But a 100 streak would take me about 3 hours, so that is a considerable amount of time to do it. But at least all of their members use their own accounts instead of sharing them ;)

2. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@ Ezio. I never said our top players don't buy gems. It would be utterly ridiculous to make that assumption. I said we have many players on Banging Skulls that don't buy gems, or rarely buy gems. Look at our bottom 10-20 scorers. You will see everyone participated in the rumble except one person who was away. And you will see most of them were non-gemmers. Just regular everyday players that put in the necessary effort to help us beat Pirates United. Team effort beat Pirates United, not gems.

Assuming your math is correct (I'll trust you), it serves to validate my earlier statement. Not everyone gems on Banging Skulls. Your math seems to imply our top 3 were gemmers and the rest were not. I don't have numbers to back my assumptions, but I would guess half our guild buys gems for raiding, and half do not. My earlier statement was in response to your implying buying gems was a mandatory requirement in Skulls, and I simply stated it was not.

As for my attack ratio. I was farming while attacking. Getting quick grog and 1-2 quick stars. Sometimes just picking up grog. Also farming chests in streaks which require a quick star and move on or drop rank. I understand based on other posts, that PU does not adhere to the chest farming strategy. In our guilds, we welcome players to farm chests to facilitate quicker LP upgrading. Farming chest during a rumble is great motivation to endure those boring win streaks away from guild chat. Thanks to the rumble, I was able to get all my non-max troops upgrading in both academy and voodoo hut. And got a bunch of walls done. I was not attacking to 3 star every base. I was playing to farm and/or get quick points. I understand PU strategy is to hold high rank and always strive to achieve 3 stars. Maybe if you had changed your approach to rumbles a little, you would be sitting on the winning team and not the losing team in the rumble. I applaud your adherence to a rumble strategy that I for one readily admit I could not do. You are indeed the better team in that regard.

Unlike your guild, the scores you see represent the individual efforts. Our top scorer was not a collaborative effort by several players sharing an account that happened to be loaded with gems.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  3. I haven't spent on this game more than 10$ ;) and I wont spend any more penny :) maybe it is my principle to not spend on games and eat ice cream instead ;) ....
    @Skye Let me make it clear on sharing... she was busy with real life.. otherwise I believe she could do much better than me...

4. So you're fine with spending other people's money while using PTO's account. Good to know your high standards for yourself...

cmooneey, Spongee and Skye like this.
  5. Skye

Skye Commodore

You don't have to spend to get decent points either! If you use a cheap army, you can attack every 20 minutes, and get 1500 points for free every hour. If you use Spongee's strategy of only going for a 1* win, you could probably do even better. Try to get the maximum output for the minimum amount put in.

But $20 here or there is certainly a lot cheaper than going to a movie, or spending a night at the bar, and you get many more hours of enjoyment out of that cost. If your ice cream cost $5 and last you 30 minutes, you would need 400 gems to last you 30 minutes of play to get an equal amount of time enjoying them. I'm pretty sure I can make 400 gems last longer than 30 minutes even when I'm very liberal with my army.

Even if you gem nonstop, this game would be a lot cheaper than many others that I play. I play one where the top 2 players spend about $2,000 every single week for months on end, and thats certainly not unheard of in many freemium games. By comparison, someone spending $20 once a month to help win a couple rumbles is absolutely nothing.

Also, you can make a considerable amount of free gems in this game (I posted a guide in strategy forum a while back) nevermind all the free ones from quests. You can gem a large streak once a week without spending a single dollar. Once you have all four builders huts a flag and your flowerboxes, there's nothing else to spend gems on. You don't have to spend to be able to gem battles!

You cannot "outspend" each other in this game, because even if you buy 20k gems, you can only use them so quick. At that point, its about "who can win the most points the fastest regardless of the cost", and I'm sure Spongee can outdo anyone at that, since he has getting the maximum amount of points in the minimum amount of time down very well. In a one on one, unlimited gem race, I promise he would win, because he is more smart about battle efficiency, judging by your refusal to maximize points per hour by fighting weaker bases.

# Johnny Doe # and Spongee like this.
  6. Tex

Tex Commodore

Well said @Spongee and nice victory Banging Skulls!!
    [​IMG]

cmooneey and Spongee like this.
  7. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

It still blows my mind why other players are criticized for spendIng on gems. Is this taboo for some reason? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the game make money off players that do so? I mean, what kind of content would this game have without players that spend. Do you actually think it would be anything like the game we now currently play? Also to blindly say that Spongee requires gemming in his guilds is totally laughable! Is it really so shocking that players flock to guilds like the Skulls simply because they are competitive and have a "we will never lose" attitude? Wake up! Haters gonna hate:D

bucket, cmooneey, Spongee and 2 others like this.
  8. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

@Ezio. I am confused which statement you agreed with. Was it the one where I was being facetious in stating "You are indeed a better team in that regard" or did you agree with the statement that PTO's account was a collaborative effect? Doesn't matter regardless.

It's been fun having this post rumble back and forth banter. I am pleased to help provide entertainment for the PP community. I would like to take a break from the fun to say something in earnest. Pirates United is a great guild with many great players. I have several friends in PU, and I have the utmost respect for Apes their leader, and the Pirates United organization as a whole. They have put together a great team with some of the best players in the game. Pirates United has been one of the top guilds in the game as far back as I can remember, and continues to dominate the game in many regards. They have some of the most skilled players in the game, and this is due to Apes wise insistence on maintaining high rank. Doing so forces many of their players to be able to analyze and defeat all the top base designs in the game with great success. It takes a wise leader to make a decision they feel serves the best interest of the guild long term, even if it may not be popular or mean short term sacrifices. Be it in the form of rumbles losses, or player defections because they do not adhere to the PU philosophy. I cannot speak for Apes, but I presume Ezio's statements do not represent the guild as a whole. I just want to be clear to those reading this thread, do not presume to judge Pirates United by the comments of one person. Just as I would ask you do not judge all members of the Skulls' guilds to hold the same beliefs expressed by the few here. Both teams possess many skilled players with differing tenets.

I look forward to a long and competitive future with Pirates United as our 'game' adversary.

Now, back to the post rumble banter. Your turn Ezio, give me something to work with :D

9. LYM

LYM Captain

lol

10. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Ezio_KulidzeTKM-
    Excuse me. I'm not in either guild BUT I DO know that you've gotta do those Aztec walls sometime, right?

LS/PU (I forgot which) have stated that Rumbles are simply a way for them to be motivated to do some walls. I do agree that money might be used, but why complain?

BTW- I DO use gems BUT on outfits:)

bucket likes this.
  11. @Spoonge as I told you it is my personal debate... I am not speaking for PU.. I mentioned above previous post... I am here advocating non-gemmers... Indeed I dont buy gems. But I have no intention for who buy gems.. why I would care at all... My intention is competition called RUMBLE now being 80% of gem relied thingy rather than skills. No competition no fun... then whats is the point of playing...Actually I need to thank you for supporting midoki so they can keep working on upgrades... and thank you paying my share too :p ;)

This convo took long... I need get off the train. Enjoy mates Thats all about it ;)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
  12. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Thanks @Ezio_KulidzeTKM It was fun. We do agree on those points: Rumbles are gem dependent; Everyone wants a skill based competition; Gem buyers (myself included) do help to financially support development of content.

Look forward to doing battles against you in guild wars. Happy Plundering :)

13. Booty Slappa

Booty Slappa First Mate

Maybe if You sold your Dominate Acct you could buy some outfits to cheer you up. Ezio sorry you didn't make our Team

Cpt. Morgan, Fil and Intimidator like this.
  14. Nah... I made my mind... It is not available anymore... you missed your chance... Sorry for you too ;)

15. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

SMH...I haven't been on this forum in months and I quickly see that nothing has changed. "We don't gem so we're better." We don't drop rank so we're better." The elitist views of the petulant whiners that flood this forum have made it completely unbearable. What a joke.

Fil likes this.
  16. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

Oh, it's the fun police, let me go hide my gems! Do you guys hear this? Wowee! I was not aware of a pp code of ethics. I thought I was playing a game to have fun. Who cares how other people play. If you don't wanna take a chance of being matched against a guild where people may gem, you don't have to rumble. Just saying....

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
    Skye likes this.
  17. U
    You made good point here... Apparently everyone has different perspectives ... Happy plundering ;)

18. hduwhyso

hduwhyso Crew

Today you are fighting with “名门天下•乾”.Will you win again?

19. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Unknown, let me get back to you with that answer in 22 hours :confused:

20. RNP

RNP Powder Monkey

I for one have been completely entertained reading through this thread! It was a great rumble and for the record PU has no requirements to gem.

Happy Rumbling!