Bombers: the exclamation mark

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jun, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Tex

Tex Commodore

If there are buildings near the wall you are trying to break they will go for those first. Try to destroy all the buildings before deploying. Taking fire also triggers the ability, by then it's often too late and they blow up before completing the mission. But I agree, wish the ability was more reliable.

Kelani likes this.
  2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I think what @Jun is saying is: give the Bombers a few doses of Lithium

3. Jun

Jun First Mate

Here is an example. I send multiple waves and my bombers keep triggering for no obvious reason. I think this is overboard.

4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Not to take away from your point, bc that definitely is an annoying issue, but when they run to the wall, then hang a right, that seems like a perfect opportunity to use Kabooom. I'd expect the next wave would then try to blow a hole through that weakened spot.

5. Tex

Tex Commodore

Actually, they kinda worked as expected. The first wave found a weak spot in the wall and penetrated it. Personally, I don't deploy anymore after the first wave unless no breach. Also, spacing them apart helps, and clear those buildings/resources before deploying. I would never travel with more than 8-10. Just doesn't give enough extra Bang for your Buck.

6. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I got to top50 in game only using juggs, santa, and gunner. Bombers are not even necessary nor is the witch doc if u know what ur doing.... ;)

7. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

At my current rank which I have been at for a couple weeks I have never not been attacked without someone using bombers and witch docs. I am sure those same people are complaining about the cost to recruit and the lack of loot at the top ranks. U got to get an attack strategy that's cheap.

8. Tex

Tex Commodore

I would like to see a 3-Star replay like that on a Top 50 Base. o_O

9. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

I never said 3 star. ;). I win the battles though. Maybe only one or two stars. But I win everytime. At the top it's more about not losing than it is about winning due to the max upside vs max downside after a win or loss

10. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

Jun, bombers are crazy guys with random choice of target ) You never may rely on them, thats why its danger to deploy them from wide sides where they can find more then one direction to move. They are too tough to be of sound mind and its good for defence which is weak as it is )
    Think not only of your attack, but of your defence benefits.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  11. Jun

Jun First Mate

You don't get to the top by 1 star or 2 star bases. By top I mean at the top 20 right below the guild pushers. Also, I don't complain about loot, that is not a concern for me. My concern is these bombers which home in on some target like a juggernaut sniffing out a mine from far, far away without any trigger other than there being a 'target'.

12. Barbed

Barbed First Mate

I see, but you also don't get to the top if your base will be constantly atacked by responsible bombers with no fails )
    Thier madness is another slight chance for base to outstay stronger army

13. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Well u and I both know u don't get to the top 20 unless u "in my mind" cheat and allow ur fellow guild member purposely lose against u. So unless I am going to cheat I'll never get there anyways. eventually u will get no upside in rank for a victory because ur rank is so high. U will only keep going higher in rank if ur island defends. Which is wrong. Fighting should be able to keep pushing ur rank higher regardless.

14. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Can we at least get a better explanation on them then? Like what makes them co crazy and get that exclamation point?

Kelani likes this.
  15. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I always saw the exclamation mark as being when they say "Target Acquired!" Everytime I've used them, and it's a lot, they attacked what was closest to them until another unit attacked something else closely, then they got the exclamation mark and ran to assist.

16. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

But sometimes they get the exclamation point and run back to the row boat.

Kelani likes this.
  17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

That happens when they forgot their det cord.

Gangrene Beard and Salty Snack like this.
  18. wackytabacky

wackytabacky Powder Monkey

The issue is this troop should be stricktly for breaking walls and it's hard for them to do so. SS has a ram. CoC has wall breakers and this game has a poor effort bomber that so inconsistent.

19. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I've never had a problem with sending bombers across an island to break a wall. The only time they get crazy is when I leave distractor buildings, or there's a secondary wall set away from the base.

20. Jun

Jun First Mate

And what is the highest rank you've reached?