Bombers: the exclamation mark

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jun, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Around 600. For me, It's the base/wall layout that seems to confuse them, not the rank. I've seen the phenomenon at all levels. Obviously I can't speak about higher levels, that's your job :)

2. Jun

Jun First Mate

I think the pathing and priorities depend in part on the level of the base. Ie. It will break a lvl 1 wall vs walking around lvl 9 walls. The quality of bases in low 600s are also a good notch below the high 700s where getting your attacking units to do something is more essential. By quality I am referring to base design. When you're trying to hold on to a high PR, there is much more pressure to break that maxed base and therefore having dependable troops is essential. That's the difference I am referring to by asking about your PR.

Kelani likes this.
  3. Jun

Jun First Mate

Well, my most recent thoughts on this are thus: I thought I figured out the AI for bombers. I didn't. Sometimes they hit enclosed spaces, sometimes they ignore them. I'd prefer for more consistency in how a bomber operates while defenses as a whole get boosted so as to balance more controllable bombers. If they ran off every time because of an enclosure, I could live with that, but when it does that 50% of the time and 50% not then it becomes crazy.