Buccaneer VS Gunners?

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Edward Kenway, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Which one do you think is most affective when plundering for loot?
    I'm at PH3, I haven't really found a good raiding strategy yet. (its too early maybe, I know)
    Usually I go all gunners, gonna add some brutes after i upgraded them though, maybe 2 or 3 of them.
    Atm both my Buccaneer and Gunners are at lvl 4. Which one of these 2 units do you guys prefer?

2. titus

titus Powder Monkey

3 Brute and the rest gunners work quite good with me.
    I'm raiding over 10000 gold and grog every battle.

Brutes are quite useful distracting the mortar, which is the main killer to the gunners.

I have PH lv 3 as well. 25 slots.
    Brute upgraded to 800 shield.

3. Ftyga

Ftyga Crew

I use all Buccaneers. Cheap to use and effective. Spread Them to get maximal results. Note: I am Ph 4 with 280 Points.

4. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Ye I actually just upgraded my brutes to lvl 3 with 800 armor. And I use 3 of them and the rest gunners just as you said, and so far they are dry useful:)
    Atm I don't think buccaneers are as useful as the gunners, they have more armor but a lot less damage.
    Just wanted to hear what people thought:)

5. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

hmm… what is it that makes the buccaneers better in your opinion?

6. Ftyga

Ftyga Crew

The Gunner can be killed by a Mortar like Poof while Buccaneers can soak up some Mortar Shells ;)

7. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

But isn't the damage too low? At least thats what I feel. Maybe its different for PH4. Im PH3 atm:)

8. Ftyga

Ftyga Crew

Well My Buccaneers do 50% Damage as much as my Gunners. Maybe gonna try now gunners o_O

9. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

haha xD Yea same here. My gunners do 15 damage, and my buccaneers do 8:)
    I don't know though how abilities in the end game will affect them. Maybe they will get a boost at a later PH level.

10. Havel

Havel Powder Monkey

Yeah as stated before, brutes and gunners at that lvl work great in a distract and snipe method.

Bucks start to suck when you get to lvl 2+ walls, at 8-12 dmg, and pushback/stun from mortars it seems to take them forever to get through.

11. Mark'sha

Mark'sha Powder Monkey

i usually try to mix f.e 4 bruto 13 gunners and 9 bucs and it seems to work bucs are very effective heplin brutos to destroy core defenses.
    just cant understand how to use thieves.
    maybe at this leve ( i'm ph4 they are just too weak?)

12. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Ye I tried out thieves too. IMO they are a little bit too weak at PH4, they need some more upgrades before they can deliver.
    On the other hand with 35 unit slots, 4 brutes and rest thieves, you just quickly drop the brutes to tank the shots and deploy a all thieves at once. you will for sure get all the resources, especially if the mortar is distracted.

13. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

Agreed

14. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I am glad that you agree fellow guild member:)

PlunderPirate likes this.
  15. Sommiez

Sommiez Crew

For me I am pirate hall 5 and have 50 slots :) currently I drooped to 200 ish from 310 to farm abit and max my defence. I Am using 8 brutes and around 6 or less gunners and less bucc.

What I take into consideration is the training time of the bucc and gunners. Gunners takes nearly 50 seconds for me and that's really long from my taste, so I trained buccaneers more since they take around 26 or around there. This enable me to raid more :) and wait less
    So summing it: Training time vs value ( my buccaneers are high level so it's good versing low bases with lots of booty

What I am really hoping is they bring out a second barrack so the training time is shorter :)

16. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Holy crap. Awesome work there! THe loot seems to be a lot better around 200

17. Sommiez

Sommiez Crew

Here is what my attack log looks like, the attack that I lost are intentional because I needed to drop down

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Sommiez

Sommiez Crew

It's not really better , because up there I was farming 250k of each, I drop down because I was getting smash by high level players

19. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Ah ok. Im PH4, and i'm at 157 atm. Maybe I should stay there for now?

20. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

No Go Up To The 180-190 There More Loot But Still Easy Bases