Buccaneer VS Gunners?

Discussion in 'Battle Strategies' started by Edward Kenway, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Ok then. As long as I don't so high so i get 3 starred myself :confused:

2. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

Just make sure you have good lvl mortars and cannon and you should be fine (Mortar Around lvl 2 And Cannon Around Lvl 5)

3. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I got a lvl 4 mortar atm:D 45 damage and 105 range! Cannons are lvl 6

4. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

Then you should be fine

5. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

I thought the gun towers were a little bit useless at first till I noticed that it shoots 2 times since it has to guns, one upper and one lower. And it also shoots pretty quick. So when you upgrade it its not as useless as you may think.

6. Mark'sha

Mark'sha Powder Monkey

i will try this strategy

7. Paldubeast

Paldubeast Powder Monkey

Do you already have a bunker?

8. i've been running 4 brutes 19 buccs, i've been using the buccs instead of gunners because although they do less damage they last much longer than the gunners. a lvl 4 mortar will take out gunners in 2 shots but will take 5 shots to take out my buccs. it is really difficult to quantify but there damage per average life span for a troop, right now i'm banking on the bucc having higher damage in aggregate for a battle than a gunner since it lives longer. way too many variables to actually do that calculation though.

that being said i think i need to excange some buccs for gunners since if i deploy them last they should keep away from mortar fire when the brutes either hit the mortar or go meandering.

9. Sommiez

Sommiez Crew

I have been running 8 brutes, 6 gunners and about 12 buccaneers (50 space) and it's been working really well. I substitute more buccaneers than gunners because of the training time. My buccaneers and gunners are level 10 and my brutes are I think 11 ( they have 1200 def and I think something damage)

10. I like to implement the bomber too! I now send 5 brutes to distract then let 10 bombers go rampage. I use them to soften up de defenses so my 20 gunners can finish the job.
    The bombers fulfill a kamikaze role When they explode they do a lot of damage to everything around them which can be used quite well!

11. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

What lvl are your Buccs?

12. they are level 10 with damage of 18 hp of 200. my gunners aren't maxed for ph4 yet but i calculated the above based on them having 90 HP (which is the max for ph4). I think both maxed at PH4 is 18 damage for buccs and 32 for gunners.

13. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Ok, my gunners are lvl 10 as well. 32 damage and 85 toughness. So that is correct:)

14. Havel

Havel Powder Monkey

@Edward Kenway : Yeah get 200 for the free gems. There's tons of horribly build bases with 150k+ loot just for you.

15. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Search and destroy… :cool:

16. Nate M.

Nate M. Powder Monkey

always us gunners if level is maxed. but now that buc is maxed i use 4 brutes, let them destroy mortar first, then release my bucs.

Edward Kenway likes this.
  17. donkeykilla

donkeykilla First Mate

Well now that I'm well into Academy 4 upgrades it's pretty clear that long-term gunners are far superior. Right now my gunners are maxed at 16 and I never took my Buccs past 10 because frankly it's just not worth it. Lvl 4 academy upgrades for buccs give +10 toughness, +2 damage while adding 4 seconds hire time and 200 grog to hire cost. Gunner's after academy 4 upgrades are really nice. Really looking forward to the last range boost. I don't think farming with bombers is a viable option so gunners are more than likely always gonna be in the lineup.

18. so i've switched to a mix of buccs, gunners, and brutes and it has been working well for me so long as there aren't any mortar missteps.

one thing i've noticed which is a mark towards gunners as compared to buccs is that thier ability regenerates at a significantly faster rate than the buccs.

19. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Oh, I thought all abilities had the same cool down. Interesting to know. Thx man:D

20. DeadBear82

DeadBear82 Powder Monkey

At PH4, and a Tavern, level 5, slot size of 35, Gunners at level 10 and Brutes at 10, I usually go with 5 Brutes and 15 Gunners. Lay the Brutes down first, let them kill the mortar, and the nput Gunners down. Kills your time, but your gunners will last longer without a mortar blasting all of them at once.