Ching Shih has Arrived!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daddy P, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Does this really amount to $70 dollars? :eek:

@Tex Hey Tex. I think I'm starting to waiver and join the fight against highly robbery. Maybe we need a showroom floor that provides an actual dollar breakdown per outfit that cost gems vs anything else.

This clearly must be a mistake and someone at Midoki HQ over typed and added an extra zero o_O

I just wish I could believe that. :cool:

TiGeR

Bl00dBaTh and SaK like this.
  2. # Johnny Doe #

# Johnny Doe # First Mate

It's okay, it's not like they're making anyone buy it. It could be 100,000 gems for all the difference it will make to me ;)

3. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

Let me explain this again. Outfits are not a necessary component to the game. The price range for the outfits run from cheap (few pieces of gold) to expensive (10K in gems). No one is forced to buy them. Midoki is a business. Business make money or they go out of business. People who spend 10K in gems to buy an outfit allow Midoki to increase content and compensate for those who do not spend a cent to play the game. I am glad to see expensive outfits offered, as it provides another source of income to the game that will keep new content and updates coming for everyone. Don't understand complaining about the cost of a luxury and unnecessary component to the game.

4. Pirate Christian

Pirate Christian First Mate

If Midoki wants me to spend some more money buying gems, which I would be more than happy to do, then they'd better stop sending me the same LPs every week. I can't spend money upgrading LPs I can't ever seem to have the opportunity to recruit.

5. Pirate Christian

I just realized after checking my silo and counting the items I've been saving up to upgrade Ching Shih that it is WAY better for me if Midoki makes it difficult for me to recruit her.

I was pretty mad yesterday about the fact that I couldn't recruit Ching Shih and frustrated that Midoki was making it statistically difficult to recruit her (after all I loved having her in my crew in February and have been really looking forward to have her back). But, after seeing how many items I'm going to need to upgrade her and knowing that I will be tempted to purchase gems to speed up the upgrade process up, I realized it is in my financial best interest that Midoki continue to play cat and mouse with Ching Shih for as long as possible. After all, the longer they wait, the more items I will have saved in my silo for upgrading her that I've been collecting via FREE map exploration.

Midoki, I was wrong to complain about not being able to recruit Ching Shih. Thank you for looking out for me and making sure that my money stays in my pocket rather than being put in yours!

[​IMG]

Danny Liu likes this.
  6. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

Come on now, get a grip, Midoki know there's people that will want all these outfits, I've no problem with outfits costing 750 Gems, or 1,000, but 10,000? That's a complete joke, that's about €80, it's laughable. Yes we all know no one is forced to buy them, but like everything in these games, you add something unique like this & you can bet peeps will want it, & it's funny that this incredibly expensive outfit is for the one LP that everyone wants & has been patiently waiting for. Does no one else find that strange?

7. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

The only problem with that is all her items are taking up too much space in the Silo, my Ching items are already taking up over 6 slots in my Silo.

8. Pirate Christian

Me too. But, the way I look at it, if they're foolish enough to make it difficult for me to recruit Ching Shih then I will consider every slot in my silo that is filled with items for upgrading Ching Shih as money in the MY bank account.

Eventually, the stars will align and I'll be able to recruit her and begin using all of those FREE resources that I've saved up.

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  9. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I agree. The way LP's are set up, it discourages gem buying for most except the true hardcore. I would've spent a whole lot more if I wasn't limited by silo space and limited LP choices. Not to say that won't change in the future.

SitFlyer_ likes this.
  10. SitFlyer_

SitFlyer_ Crew

iron is a bottleneck material for Ching Shih....stockpile it. Just that material is holding me back from upgrading her, but I have got a rhythm of exploring the map that should allow me to get her to at least level 17 within the next 30 days.

11. Pirate Christian

I figured that upgrading Ching would be a lot like Blackbeard. The bottle neck with Blackbeard is copper. I have to divide copper between Blackbeard and Mack.

12. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

Sorry @Spongee

I can't agree with this type of highway robbery. I like some of those cool looking outfits. Heck, I might even drop a few bills on some, but not at these numbing prices. Come on.. Let's get real here. $70 dollars for one skin job? This more/less screws those of us that would be happy to purchase, but our wallets aren't that fat.

Wouldn't it seem more reasonable and profitable to keep prices well with obtainable amounts for the majority vs. the minority?

TiGeR

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  13. awbo

awbo Captain

The problem I see, and this is a problem for Midoki as well, there are probably some players who had the goal of owning every outfit. Perhaps they drop a few bucks on the game here and there and could collect them gradually. But the outrageous total for this outfit would just make me give up entirely on that goal and stop buying ANY outfits at all.

Tiger Claw likes this.
  14. Pirate Christian

I've noticed that the prices change from week to week. Sometimes a rare outfit costs 100,000 EP the next week it will cost 700 gems.

Isles dT and Tiger Claw like this.
  15. Ian

Ian Commodore

The fact that not everyone can't/won't own those particular items is what makes them so unique and desirable. Like any other 'collection' some people will pay anything to be able to finish off their own collection. For some, that hole in the collection is a burden that just can't be tolerated..

TBaggins likes this.
  16. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

From the looks of things HQ is just seeing how far they can push the numbers. If enough players support it this practice will continue upwards and not just inside PP.

TiGeR

Bl00dBaTh likes this.
  17. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Why? I don't understand that at all. If you can't afford it, pretend it doesn't exist. Enjoy the ones you can. Why do you need all or nothing?

People will buy that outfit JUST so they can stand out because not many people will. Some people just need to feel special. They apparently made them so people could have some individuality. What's the point if everyone has the same outfits?

It's not like we have to buy these to progress or even get better ingame stats.

They could make 1 outfit cost $1000 and SOMEONE will buy it.

18. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

No explanation needed. We all are aware of and nobody asked for. But if it made you happy and feel any better. :rolleyes:

Let me explain something to you as well: Midoki wants us to spend extra gems which is fair and it might be likely that some would spend lets say up to 1k gems for a great outfit, just for the look. But 10k??? No way. Yes, maybe 50 ppl will buy it anyway, but for 1k for sure way more and they would make much more profit. So its a move that nobody with even half a brain cell can understand, since it makes no sense business wise. Hope that wasn t too high for you. If so, use google. :p

19. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

Clearly...

20. Ian

Ian Commodore

Ching is a classy lady, she needs her outfits... It is just not proper for a lady pirate of her calibre to be seen in battle with the same outfit on day after day.

Beck [Midoki] and awbo like this.