Clash of Clans Is Imploding

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by ll DarkZero ll, Dec 12, 2015.

1. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Clash of Clans, due to the last update and their decision to kill Farming, is in the midst of the biggest, widespread, player revolt firestorm that has ever happened. The forum has been overrun with over a THOUSAND pages of complaints and people are leaving in droves. Their Facebook page is under a deluge of negative comments as well as their Twitter page. In the Google Play store in the past 2 days there have been over 20,000+ new 1 Star reviews, in the Apple Store in the past 2 days the number of 1 Star reviews went from practically non-existent to almost half and their overall 5 Star rating has dropped to 4 and is about to fall even more. I had three accounts on CoC, level 136, 90 and 84 all TH 9, and I have dropped the lower two and unless this is fixed I'll be quitting the last one. It's rare to actually witness the fall of a gaming giant happen so fast in real time.

Skillzone10 likes this.
  2. LYM

LYM Captain

what does this have to do with plunder, everyone knows clash is rubish. Who cares, :rolleyes:

3. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

It is in the "off topic" section. In any case, Midoki should learn from the mistakes of others and not follow bad ideas.

Becker Redbeard likes this.
  4. LYM

LYM Captain

fair enough, if you play clash you suck too, be converted and play plunder its a much better game

5. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I suck lollipops! Never even tried CoC, everything I know about the game I've learned from disgruntled PP players.

6. Skye

Skye Commodore

This would be a great time for the Midoki team to pester Rovio to step up their advertising (seriously guys, cut back on something else for a month and put that into ads, this game really needs more presence!). Then the Clash players that still want the same kind of game, but don't want Clash anymore, will perhaps find a nice home over here!

7. LYM

LYM Captain

i dont think ive ever seen plunder advertised on tv before

8. Skye

Skye Commodore

Even if it showed up in more of other games in-app ads with a good video, that would certainly get some attention.

9. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Well my point in posting this goes along with my "Midoki Please Don't Do This" thread (In hindsight maybe I should've lumped this with it instead of a new topic), in that they should learn from this DISASTROUS decision that is nothing more than a blatant money grab attempt at the expense of a segment of it's core gamers. Since this debacle there has been ZERO presence of $uperCell staff or any Moderators on the forum which has also helped to snowball this fiasco. Skye is right though, NOW would be a great time to increase advertising efforts because there is a huge influx of their target market customers and plenty of them were 2 year+ players. In my Business Class we call this Environmental Scanning, I'm giving you the heads up Midoki on an opportunity here :D.

Skillzone10 likes this.
  10. Cap'nSmellyBeard

Cap'nSmellyBeard First Mate

The only time I've seen plunder advertised is in Angry birds(expected though) and 1 time on a different game, i cant remember the name though.

11. Skye

Skye Commodore

If the mods aren't actually around, it might be a good idea for clash players to try and bring their friends over here :)

Not that I'm suggesting starting a thread over there to let people know of good alternative clash-like games to move on to ;) But if someone were to do that, putting PP at the top of that list would be great, as long as it didn't look like spam!

I'd actually be surprised with all the guilds trying to poach members if people haven't tried that yet, but I don't play clash so I'd have no idea.

12. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Update on The Collapse of Clash: The App Store reviews for CoC, which before was at a perfect full 5 Stars, has now been dropped to 3 1/2 stars in 3 days as the backlash continues to pile on. During this same time at the Google Play Store, there have been over 60,000 1 Star reviews posted.

Skillzone10 likes this.
  13. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

You have to seize every chance given to you, the forums over there have been NON-STOP for days now and everyone's complaining and either looking or threatening to look for other games. I'll probably start a thread telling people about this game over there today.

Skillzone10 and Cap'nSmellyBeard like this.
  14. Cap'nSmellyBeard

I have tried it actually, everyone though that i ask look at the graphics and say no. I've only gotten 1 person by doing so.

15. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

:eek:o_O - but the PP graphics are much more betterer than all others (based upon the in-game ads - since I've never wanted to play any of the others ;)).

Cap'nSmellyBeard likes this.
  16. Cap'nSmellyBeard

I agree the graphics are good, and i like how the troops can't close their mouths:D

17. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

You have any idea how hard it is to go into battle without yelling a battle cry?

18. Skye

Skye Commodore

What?! This game is beautiful! Especially compared to every other battle game I've tried. Who in their right mind doesn't want to send a bunch of pirates to pillage islands to their fiery doom?!

19. Cap'nSmellyBeard

I know! thats what I said!

20. I think this is the best time for Midoki to launch a commercial including the phrase: "Because you can get plundered, you can farm! Plunder Pirates!!! (farming bases since 2014)"

Smelly_Vile likes this.