Clash of Clans Is Imploding

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by ll DarkZero ll, Dec 12, 2015.

1. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

In layman's terms, it's the same thing that happened here awhile ago when people were trying to push rank. The outflow of resources was greater than what you made doing so which made it unsustainable. Take that and extrapolate it across the entire spectrum of players (Which is in the millions) and you got how Clash killed farming. This post was just going into detail that, as a business student myself, I completely understood and players need to understand as well.

Smelly_Vile likes this.
  2. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

I took the time to like every one of your big huge messages, because you took the time to post them. Thank you.

Smelly_Vile, C.Calamity and Ian like this.
  3. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

I mean "the timing" is ironic. This disaster hitting CoC came at a time when I have come across new Mandarin CoC-advertisements a lot more than I used to. I believe that Supercell has started increasing their advertising efforts in China since one or two months ago. When it seems that new players have started joining the game thanks to those new ads, this massive disaster of player revolt hit CoC... Well, all those wasted advertising efforts...:p

I skimmed through your posts. Must give you kudos for your detailed analysis and sound argument! :D

Skillzone10 likes this.
  4. Jonesy

Jonesy Crew

Yes, Clash is dying. I came over from there - actually saw a post on $upercell's forums that mentioned PP, so I came to check it out. Now Midoki gets my monthly "contribution" that used to go to $upercell......

Smelly_Vile likes this.
  5. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

Welcome aboard Jonesy! :D I tried to recruit from over there but all my posts kept getting "lost".

6. zag

zag Crew

Zero the CoC forum was always terrible and full of whiners.

It may have been the most whiney forum on the Internet and that is a monumental achievement.

While your analysis is good on the issues with the CoC update it doesn't address the principal issue that faced supercell. They exhausted their gemmers. While it seems possible to just add a TH level and give the maxed out players something to do most of the maxed out players were actually done and didn't play anymore.

What was left were the bottom feeders who BARCHED the TH7 players for negligible value. While farming is integral to this type of game play it becomes pointless if it's all you do. I'd already exhausted my fun time with constant farming in CoC. War reinvigorated it for a time but that got tedious after a while.

What CoC is showing is its age. They were the undisputed King of this style of game for a long while but every season there are new challengers for the throne. Many are pure gemmer games and they stole away the gemmers (*cough* Game of War *cough*). Now their solution was a mess but it is a frank realization that they can't run on casual players.

Now PP seems to have struck a nice balance. You can play for free but it's not easy at the upper levels. This is a functional workaround and streaking is a nice gemmer feature. CoC never had anything like streaking. It had speed ups and that's about it.

The apparent cash grab involved with so many of the tower defense clones is telling of just how much money people will dump to "win". The focus now seems to be on getting those gemmers in and spending before they all move on as a pack to a new game.

I actually like the new shield system in CoC but I'm alone in that. It's convenient for my playstyle as an "occasional spender" the loot payouts are horrible and my clan quit doing wars awhile ago so that doesn't affect me anymore. What the real challenge is the two week downtime on upgrades that are offline that whole time. You spend to get the loot then have to spend to speed it up.

Other games are more honest with their "beat the other kids up with your credit card" button. The gemmers like that button. They like it a lot.

We all know that Supercell will tweak this back. Whatever you can say about them this much is true. That game is stable, ruthless on rooting out cheaters and responsive to their customers. The only other game companies I've played in the last year on mobile to come close to that are Rovio and Midoki.

They will sort this out at some point but they may have reached the functional lifespan of CoC. All video games have a shelf life. This may be it for CoC.

Smelly_Vile, John56 and Skillzone10 like this.
  7. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Very well said, zag. What you said is right on point. I don't know if this is a time for PP players to celebrate, or be alarmed and stay on alert as to what the future of Midoki could be. I love this game very much, and never really played CoC, so I don't know much...

8. zag

zag Crew

This game is relatively new still and they've worked out all or at least most of the freshman bugs.

The first month after global launch was a little frustrating but I haven't had a glitch in forever.

I was late to CoC. They were advertising on TV by then. That's a red flag for me now. If you can buy prime time tv spots with a supermodel or aging actor as a spokesperson I question how much its going to cost me just to goof around. I've played games with people who spent staggering amounts of money on video game accounts. That's fine and those people actually produce the revenue for things like server upgrades that keep games like this operating. The danger becomes when the Only way to play is to feed the beast $100 dollars a month. That's when games die out in a Glorious Ball of Fire.

So don't worry about PP.

Now Zero is right. This event should be a learning experience for the Developers of Mobile Game "Freemium" platforms. It's pretty likely that Midoki will have a meeting where everyone suggests strategies for how not to repeat this misstep in their own offerings. It is valid though that part of the issue is CoC's age and some of the complainers are people who never spent money and others are people who've spent a fair bit and now realize that to "finish" will take a good bit more. Both camps can't really complain though that a game with micro purchases as a foundational concept is looking to extend those purchases by quality and quantity.

Smelly_Vile, Tex and Skillzone10 like this.
  9. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

One thing that won't let this ship of PP sink is our community. CoC is full of whiners and complainers, that can't give good feedback, while we all help one another out, and work as one, even if we are in different guilds. And then of course, we have the fantastic Lynsey and Beck, to save the day.....

Smelly_Vile likes this.
  10. zag

zag Crew

That's true. This community is far more integrated.

11. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

So I asked "HOW DO YOU UPGRADE WALLS" and I got this picture:

[​IMG]

12. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

In case you don't see it, that's 2,213 attacks WON in 20 days. That's 105 attacks WON PER DAY. This dude bots but the fact this was presented to me is astounding when my question again was "HOW DO YOU UPGRADE WALLS"?

13. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

I don't even want to talk about the 1,017 defenses won

14. ll DarkZero ll

ll DarkZero ll Captain

The thread I started on CoC about this just got closed. Shocker. Call out a botter and it happened like the last time I made a YouTube video and blasted it all over.

15. rhorun

rhorun Crew

I still play Clash if I want to farm/ save I use the free gems I have saved and buy a weeks shield. I have never spend anything on clash

16. Raider

Raider Powder Monkey

This thread needs to be closed and burned.. If all of you guys have a problem with clash of clans go and take it up to them. . What use is it stating your problems here.. This is PLUNDER PIRATES in case any of you forgot

17. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

What is up with all the hate against ppl grumbling about CoC in the off-topic area of the forums? Having never played CoC I find this topic quite interesting....I just need to get some more popcorn.

18. Redownloaded CoC a few days ago... Had completely forgot the player has NO CONTROL over the battle, even with spells:mad::mad::( I think I'll just continue being a simple pirate;)

Cap'nSmellyBeard likes this.
  19. zag

zag Crew

That's a maxed out TH 10 in the silver league.

He can't lose.

Still a bot, no way anyone is analreteentive enough to to attack 100 times a day, every day for a season.

This is why I'm not crying over the changes. The bot players are all farmers running BARCH. As I said above, Bottom Feeders beating up little kid's TH 7 accounts in the junior leagues. That needed to stop for the long term health of the game. If you wanna be a big boy, go play with the big boys.

20. Raider

Raider Powder Monkey

@Bou Regreg Its simple.. I dont need to come visit the plunder pirates forum to read up on another game which i dont even play. Its a waste of space to all of us other gamers who are interested in pirates. & a waste of time. all these issues these players are having are falling on deaf ears. Take it somewhere where they will listen to you and implement changes. Some might even say its bad business.. Adversting a game on another games forum.. Bad business all around.