Coming Soon - New Pirate Hall, now with guns

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lynsey [Midoki], Jun 24, 2015.

1. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

I did miss that... The problem with this is that nobody intelligent will use it, since it doubles their gem cost for the same troops compared to using the 4-minute method we all do now. Hmm, a convenient button to burn 25 gems, or do the way we do now and spend 13 gems in the space of 1 minute for the same result...yeah I'll live with the extra taps. :/

2. C.Calamity

C.Calamity Crew

It takes me a lot longer than 1 min to recruit my crew using the 4-min trick. A lot of my pirates take longer than 5 mins to recruit. That means waiting 1 or 2 mins for the timer to drop to 4 min for each pirate. :(

But I agree with your point.

3. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Yeah, I forget about the longer recruit times of troops like HG and Priestess because I don't use them. The only troop I recruit that takes longer than 1 minute is 1 witch doctor, and for him I either queue him last and wait for 4-minute mark if I'm patient, spend 2 gems at the 6-minute mark if I'm in a hurry, or spend 3 gems on him plus two gunners if I'm in a real big hurry. ;)

4. Fang

Fang First Mate

hasn't anyone watched the south park episode "freemium isn't free"?

"
    Canadian Minister:
    the successful premium game is based on five principles. Entice the player with a simple game loop, use lots of flashing 'chachings' and compliments to make the player feel good about themselves, train the players to spend your fake currency, offer the player a way to spend real currency for your fake currency-

Prince: So they'll forget they're spending money.

Minister: -and make the game about waiting. But let the player pay not to wait. It's a surefire way to make lots of money.

Phillip: We understand micropaying, but can't the game hidden inside the charade it- just at least be fun?

Minister: No no! It has to be just barely fun. If the game were too fun, then there would be no reason to micropay in order to make it more fun.

...a bit later..

Minister: Alright, alright, you've seen through the charade again. Let me explain how freemium games really work. The truth is, a very small percentage of people who download freemium games ever pay anything for them. It's all aboot finding the heaviest users and extracting the most amount of cash from them.

Minister: Here is a fact: 80% of alcohol sales are paid for by alcoholics. Using slot machine tactics, freemium games are able to make millions off of an even smaller percentage of mobile gamers.

Minister: We're building a new Canada with micropayments from addicts! Who cares?! You think the f-ing alcohol industry cares?!

They don't care that 10% are gonna get addicted, they're counting on it!!

It's the same with us! But we've got our eye on every addict's screen! Every button they click, we get feedback on how to shove this ship right down their throats!

5. On a side note, I feel like PH9 is shorter than PH8 but i know Midoki is limited because they cant just increase the occupying space the PH takes, but the design looks very clean, 8 always had a way of messing with my OCD, because it felt so uneven, but 9 looks more... symmetrical?

6. Tiger Claw

Tiger Claw Captain

The clock is ticking and my shield is running out... :eek:

Oh Midoki update, wherever you are, please appear tonight and I will forgive the unpleasantries brought on by the wait of the previous PH 8 update :).

TiGeR

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

That's dark @Fang - I like it!

8. yeti

yeti Captain

Those of us who are intelligent and don't routinely gem troops will definitely use it ;)

Super-Nor likes this.
  9. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Oh, the button will be great for when you don't want to gem! I will use it during work. What I meant is that it won't be intelligent to use the button in conjunction with gemming to make it "instant" as advertised.

10. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Alas, the four minute method has been fixed in a future update (it's a bug)!

Although don't get too downhearted because [MESSAGE REDACTED].

11. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

:eek:

Everyone get your pitchforks ready, just in case there arises a need for Lynsey Shish Kabob. ;)

Scheherazade and Bear like this.
  12. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Really?? Wow, it's been actively discussed in the open on the forum since last year! Well, now that you have indicated that it is a bug I wonder how those who claim there is no bug use in their guild will respond. ;-)

I am really happy to hear that all these bugs are finally being recognized though, look forward to them getting fixed!

13. Bear

Bear Commodore

Probably giving us another level to the pirate catcher...

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Half the time I wonder if @Lynsey [Midoki] is just sitting back in a big leather chair with 20 screens in front of her sipping on a 30 year scotch...with a sly grin on her face

15. Lynsey [Midoki]

*Searches office for hidden cameras*

In all seriousness... the chair's not leather.

16. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Crazy! Is the scotch at least old enough to drink?

Skull King likes this.
  17. Ian

Ian Commodore

Made from the bones and carcasses of pirates past, maybe.. Oh, wait.. no, that AngryBeard's chair. ;)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  18. Lynsey [Midoki]

The scotch is actually tea, and the white fluffy cat is actually a selection of colourful desk tat including Iron Man, Loki and Rodimus Prime.

And there's only seven screens (2 iPad Minis, 1 iPad Air, an iPhone 6+, iPhone 4, a Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and my iMac).

Being a super villain is hard. Q_Q

19. Lynsey [Midoki]

@AngryBeard's chair is totally made out of corpses though.

Beck [Midoki], awbo, Ian and 4 others like this.
  20. Bear

Bear Commodore

I was imagining a game of thrones type chair made from the staves of a 1000 dead witch doctors.

Beck [Midoki] and awbo like this.