Current Loot Sweet Spots: Where are they?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kelani, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

My guild's finally got a decent amount of people in the 400-500 range, and we're all pretty sick of the (lack of) loot situation. For me, from 200-350 I can find plenty of 200k to 1M both res bases, which tapers until you reach 400, above which, it's near impossible to find a base with 200k/200k, and the few you do, you don't want to try attacking.

So, they're all wanting to drop, and I'm not going to stop them, but I don't want anyone dropping lower than is necessary. There have been plenty of discussions about loot sweet spots, but it changes with every update.

Where do you guys think they are now?

Personally, I think it's 200-350. There may be a better one below 200, but I just don't like the idea of a guild full of PH7 bases slumming down there. Esp. since we're really, really close to the leaderboard.

For you guys who have half your guild farm, and the other push for rank.. How do you coordinate the trading off?

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Yea its around that PR, as soon as you get above 400-500-600 the loot gets really bad.

Kelani likes this.
  3. Slumming has its advantages. If you still need that last mystic mortar upgraded or academy done and fish have disappeared, going into the mid fifties gives you plenty of baby bases to raid with just a few troops. You can quickly raise bp and can raid more than once per hour since you only need a few gunners each time. For another plus, if you find a mega base hiding down there, it's always fun to have just one or two troops go to exposed collectors to get what they can. Its a quick loss, but then you get to stay low for the NEXT quick bp raid. Otherwise, below 300 usually finds decent loot.

4. Luqman

Luqman Crew

We're trying to get good loot,not BP.But thanks for the tip also.

5. Cocobean

Cocobean First Mate

Saw one last night with $1.1M both gold and grog between L150-200. Easy to find bases $500K combined in this range. Plus I don't need my expensive troops.

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Actually, Luq, we want both :)

Shonda La likes this.
  7. I would say 200-350 is right, which is where I am, trying to get upgrades to catch up with the rest of my guild.. But I agree with you that this is no place for PH7 pirates to stay for longer periods.. :-/

Kelani likes this.
  8. TBird

TBird Captain

Oh I say 750...
    Come up here and join me.
    Bring lots of grog!!!

When I was a farmer it was 150-300
    Lots of 500k gold and grog there

But really... Come on up and say hi
    BYOG please :)

9. Landon

Landon First Mate

Not tellin..my treasures are marked with "X". :D

Captain Harlock likes this.
  10. Luqman

Luqman Crew

What does BYOG stands for?

11. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Bring your own grog.

But as far as the OP, I ain't saying nuttin.

12. Christy

Christy Commodore

Something really needs to be done to help high ranking players. Can't even get enough grog to recruit your tavern once your past a certain PR :(

Kelani and Salty Snack like this.
  13. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Yup. That's why I dropped from the top200. Waiting for collectors, then waiting for troops, then 6-10 identical bases to choose from, none with any loot.

14. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

But the sweet spot is 200-350 for serious loot. Finding it pretty reliable yet not too boring. I can fight the same bases as you find up high, but they've got looty loot loot.

ElGordo and Kelani like this.
  15. TBird

TBird Captain

+3.1416
    Only real way I can recruit is gems... Or wait a day for mines to get enough gold and grog
    No way you can get the 250k+ grog in attacks up here to even break even.

Salty Snack likes this.
  16. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I stay between 150 and 300 rank and average 400k each with occassional up to 1 mil. When I get over 300 rank I see it drying up or becoming much harder to get to. When over 500 rank I was settling for 200-300k. I see no reason to be over 350 rank unless going on a rank run.

Kelani likes this.
  17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Hmm. I think something's changed....again. :) For the last two days, I've hovered around 290-380, and despite hundreds of Nexts, I can not find any bases over 500k combined loot. Even 400k+ are unusually rare. In that time, I found and cleaned out one 1.2M , and one 700k, but for the most part, the landscape looks a lot like the wasteland that is 400-600 range. :(

18. Luqman

Luqman Crew

Maybe people knows that you're farming resources,so they ran to the lower ranks.Lol:D

19. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

As always, 200-250 rank remains solid for loot. I never hit for less than 400k and still find the 700k-type when I'm patient. Hit two 1mil each yesterday. I notice significant loot reduction over 300 rank.

20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Growr. I thought so. :( There is just some stupid part of me that won't let me drop that low. Fiiiix Thiiiiis Midokiiii.

Captain Harlock likes this.