Current Loot Sweet Spots: Where are they?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kelani, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Luqman

Luqman Crew

What do you mean?
    You can't drop ranks?

2. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

Ha! Fortunately I've never cared about high rank cause it seems pointless to me until base and troops are maxed or nearly. I'm still plugging away at that $@&%! BP for Academy 6. :mad: I've had maxed defenses and maxed Academy 5 troops for a month now. All I lack are Academy 6 and walls. 90% of map cleared and still 3k BP away. That's what makes me sound like a pirate . . . ARGH!!!!

3. TBird

TBird Captain

Well when they expanded from bases active in the last 2 weeks to bases active in the past 4 weeks that opened a lot of dead bases with lots of loot.
    We have noticed on a base in our guild, if the base is wiped out, it does not rebuild after 12 hours. It has it's own lifetime shield.
    Until the player logs in again, the base does not rebuild, so it can't be attacked. And it always stays at the same score.
    We have a player that will be back... but hasn't played in a month, he was wiped out in the last upgrade and has stayed at 385 for weeks and his base does not rebuild.
    So all those easy inactive bases are not rebuilding after 12 hours, just sitting there...

Kelani likes this.
  4. Naw, poor Kelani.. Come visit my Island, just hit the button 'till you find me, I'll share my loot with you ;)

Kelani likes this.
  5. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I'm actually finding decent loot at 600. Was plenty through the 500's too.

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Luq, when you spend most of your time asking your guild to not do something unless there's no other option, it sort of looks bad when you then do it yourself. I may do it today to test something, but won't be staying.

@Tim Thomas Good info about the expiring bases. I'd have thought those abandoned towns would be permanent. If that's what it is, then I think it may explain why the sudden dropoff of good bases. How long has it been since that update? 28 days? :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

A member in in high 200s is reporting the same thing as I am seeing in the mid to high 300s. No loot, except for a few (out of place) maxed bases.

8. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Sorry. Looks like AtariGen has plunderated your zone completely. I'll instruct the crew to start leaving scraps.

Tikigirl, yeti and Captain Monkey like this.
  9. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

I find lots in the 200s. Then again I have atari generation luck :)

Gangrene Beard and Tikigirl like this.
  10. TBird

TBird Captain

Dec 17...
    21 days, so those dead bases will be falling off next week.
    Slim pickins' will get even slimmer here soon.
    They may just want to open it up to all inactive bases.
    Or save that for the Android release so those guys can find easy loot.

Or just have the bases auto rebuild after 12 hours instead of waiting for someone to log in.
    @Chris, maybe poke a programmer (but not hard enough to make him drop his donut)?
    That 12 hour shield is more than a 12 hour shield if you don't log back in.... that needs to go on our fix list.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  11. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

But bases do rebuild, no? How do I get attacked multiple times while I'm sleeping?

12. yeti

yeti Captain

Ha! I just dropped, cause like Kelani, I was finding a wasteland (with the exception of one who shall remain nameless)...and I don't have any standards to uphold :D

13. Skull Bozu

Skull Bozu Powder Monkey

I've noticed a few rounded out loot in some bases (e.g 300,000). This tells me abandoned bases are on the rise. Here's hoping the next update injects some unique game play elements to keep this boat afloat. For me, I'm still addicted; it's probably because I'm still upgrading. Nevertheless, here's to the first patch of 2015 - may it be one that keeps it 'sticky'.

Tex and Salty Snack like this.
  14. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

You're not getting 100%ed in any of those, I'd guess. It may have changed, and I may be wrong, but if your base is 100% destroyed, I don't think it ever resets until you log in again. I had an inactive player whose base was 100%ed, and it stayed that way for the next month. I thought maybe it was resetting, and we just couldn't see it, but her rank did not change a single point after that time. I think tat's what's happening here. The abandoned bases are cycling off, and even those that aren't there yet, every time one gets 100% destroyed, it's removed from play.

Can't see why that would be by design, but it definitely needs to be changed. All I know is, there's significantly less loot at 220-380 than there was a few days ago.

TBird, Smelly_Vile and Salty Snack like this.
  15. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

Ah, I see. Can't say I've let a shield go the full 12 hrs.

16. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

LOL
    I could only leave a shield up for 12 hours if I was asleep the whole time! ;)

Kelani likes this.
  17. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Question: let's say a player remains inactive for extended periods and his/her island never get rebuilt in the meantime. Will the Collectors on his/her island generate loot in the meantime?

Kelani likes this.
  18. TBird

TBird Captain

Hmmmmmmm
    Good question
    Do they stop collecting under the 12 hour shield of a normal attack?
    I "think" they keep collecting in the background...

We need one of the 2 inactives that promised to come back to log on and see if they have 4 million grog and gold after being gone for 3 weeks.
    Darn good question

Smelly_Vile likes this.
  19. Smelly_Vile

Smelly_Vile First Mate

Sure, let me know when you found an answer to the question via those 2 inactives ;)

20. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

I find tons of loot in 200s. Not sure why others have different experience. I've maxed my defense in that range with little effort. A guild member just told me to drop betwee 70 to 200 and he finds 400-500k each resource bases all the time. I just dropped to 70 and after four nexts i hit a base with 450k each and i used half my troops.

Cocobean and Kelani like this.