Delete the Ground Pounder...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CyborgGR, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Burnz

Burnz Captain

It seems like all the bases will be very similar once there is a tried and true structure which is unfortunate, but like others have said, it is the nature of these types of games.

2. TBird

TBird Captain

+1

random sweep
    make it as frustrating as the crazy bombers
    or the WD that decides to go walking away from the battle zone (where in the heck are you going????)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
    Daddy P likes this.
  3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The new Pirate Hall defence additions and tweaked troop abilities may lead to some variation in layouts. ;)

Obviously we're not going to be deleting the ground pounder, as a) we like it and b) it wouldn't be fair to the players who have spent resources purchasing and upgrading it.

Christy, Bear, Pirate! and 7 others like this.
  4. Burnz

Burnz Captain

Hmm, someone leaking some info on it being upgradeable?? Because I only see a level 1 on my base.;)

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  5. So, that means in the coming update it's possible that The GP gets another upgrade? :D

6. TBird

TBird Captain

Yea!!!!! Those cannons finally will work?!?!:)

7. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

8. Jun

Jun First Mate

There's an acceptable amount of variation up top in my opinion. In fact, before the stacking bases, I was very happy to see the variety by the top 25 players. Personally, I've used multiple bases quite different from one another, all at the top50. Defenses are rare, and without the GP, bases wouldn't stand a chance covering an additional side of the base.

9. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Loose lips sink ships @Lynsey [Midoki] ! :)

On the note of GP, I'd be interested in a very short range of backwards attack. And only directly behind it too, to match its angle of forward attack

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

There was a suggestion put forth to allow you to set the GP's range. So, not everyone would be forced into using rectangular bases with the GP in that configuration.

I gotta admit, it would be interesting to see a GP and not know for sure where exactly its target zone is.

Christy and CyborgGR like this.
  11. CyborgGR

CyborgGR First Mate

I am saying....the gp is making 9/10 defences look exactly the same. Ship, double fence, gp, left right corridors. The same. This can be eliminated by deleting the gp and intoducing another defensive system which the players eill be able to use as they think its better. Yes i said turrets on new level walls as i believe is a good idea.
    I m only saying what you are seeing. The gp is an EXCELLENT idea and super weapon BUT unfortunately we are all abusing it...

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

or, like I said, solve the problem without stripping players of something they paid for by allowing them to set it's range to match their base design. :p

The GP is awesome, and it's not going away. If it did, I'd be extremely pissed. I agree it causes a problem, but it's better to solve the problem by tweaking its capabilities, than to just delete it and infuriate every player who has one. :)

Daddy P likes this.
  13. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I am completely OVER copying anyone's base design regardless of how well it performs. I would rather lose battles. I agree the GP pretty much forced the design of all upper bases.

And since they mostly can't be beaten by me with my maxed pirates, I won't battle them.

I generally can't, but by my own decision won't bring two witch doctors to a battle up in the high levels due to lack of grog and long recruiting times. Top bases - enjoy your creativity in copying each other. I hope it makes you happy. This makes the game so incredibly stale at the top.

The new addition of the Sky Raiders helped for a bit, but now they are useless too up there.

After one loots a lot (fun), maxes everything (nice achievements) and get all pirate skills (make them tough as they can be) and ascends to around 600 there is not much fun any more. I hope Midoki has a solution to the malaise. I am sure they think about it more than I do in my insane 2.5 hour waits to recruit an attack party.

Kelani likes this.
  14. J0ck0

J0ck0 First Mate

we need true wall breakers...bombers suck for that. they are too unpredictable. being able to crack open a base will completely change the game.

yeti and Super-Nor like this.
  15. StRipper

StRipper Powder Monkey

Does this also mean that rebalancing of recruitment times that you mentioned some days ago is coming with this update?!

16. There aren't any archers in plunder pirates :p

17. This! Giev! Now! :D
    My uncle Jeff (boom)tastic does not suck! He's an awesome inventive creature.. With a small brain..

18. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

this is crazy talk. The ground pounder is awesome, don't remove it. :oops:

Christy and Darth Yoda like this.
  19. Purchasing and Upgrading?

Nice hint Lynsey. Thank-you!

Edward Kenway and Salty Snack like this.
  20. How bout your voodoo hut could produce potions? Passive Perks, like how Boom Beach has statues?