Fighting Fire with Fire

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Christy, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Christy

Christy Commodore

As many of you know we in Red Flag Fleet have been 100% against the use of guilds using mini accounts to win a rumble. The problem with being matched against a mini guild was supposed to be fixed....it has not. There comes a point where watching everyone fight a ton of battles and spending money on gems to try to recruit their tavern becomes tiring. It is disheartening to be up against a guild using mini accounts that can recruit their tavern in just a couple of minutes and put out a ton of BP with little effort and no gems.
    Until the matching issue is fixed we have decided to create a few mini accounts of our own. They will NEVER be used in ANY fair rumble. They will ONLY be used when we are up against a rival that is clearly using the mini system to get their win against us.

2. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

We have done the same in our guild. The mini's don't come out unless the other guild strikes first, which we then fight fire with fire.

3. Jiminy Cricket

Jiminy Cricket Powder Monkey

Love your avatar, 850arrr! Lol

4. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I can understand why many guilds would start employing this tactic. The minis have gotten out of hand. We are still mini-less at Laughing Skulls, but top guilds have been employing them against us in rumbles. I can see where this is heading. Guilds have been employing 2-3 to defend against other guilds. Other guilds will start to employ 7-8 to guarantee a win. And quantities will continue to grow. I am sure we will soon see some guilds employing 20-30 of them in rumbles as each guild tries to one-up the other. Hope Midoki gets the fix out soon, this whole mini situation is getting pathetic.

5. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

:D

Agree, and its not just the mini's but it seems some of the guilds we go against share the mini across their mates because they are ALWAYS online and the BP's never stop. Its ridiculous.

6. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Minis compete with heavy gemmers. It would be nice if the rumbles could not be won by heavy gemming and minis, but eliminating only minis seems a bit one-sided.

If rumbles come down to "the team with the most gemming wins" then I think almost 100% of the players I know will never want to rumble. One can spend less than 30 gems and get the other rewards quite easily in a fraction of the time.

I would love to see a gems spent count by each player in the rumble.

Oink, Spongee and 850arrr like this.
  7. Ian

Ian Commodore

At least sharing a 'mini' is cost effective.. Not everyone has the time to run 2 bases. I wonder if it's a 'Time-share' thing? And do you have to restock the Tavern before you leave? And are you responsible for topping up the GS from your main account? What happens if someone accidentally upgrades it too much? So many questions here.. ;)

Darth Yoda likes this.
  8. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

I've said this elsewhere, and I will say it here, that my view is that the use of PH2 to PH4 players is a fair tactic to winning a rumble, certainly no more so then the use of gems to acquire capabilities. The only difference is that one is a deliberate feature on Midoki's part, the other is not, but more to the point, Midoki has said it's not cheating, so let's stop implying is please. It's a tool. Use it, don't use it.

Oink, Tex, Christy and 2 others like this.
  9. Bear

Bear Commodore

A new scoring system is coming soon that will invalidate minis. As far as this thread is concerned. All Red Flag Fleet has done is guarantee* that they will be matched against minis. Thus making their need for one perpetual

*i know it doesn't literally guarantee you will match a mini, but it drastically increases your odds. Whereas not having a mini drastically decreases them as the matchmaking stands now. If you have a guild flush with high ph players. You will only get matched against a mini guild if there are absolutely no high lvl guilds starting a rumble within an hour of you. It will try for 60 minutes to find a suitable match before placing you with a mini guild.

Even this is being tweaked, very soon. So RFF. Just be prepared to keep fighting minis until you get rid of yours.

Christy and 850arrr like this.
  10. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

So maybe the thing to do is cancel search if it takes near an hour? Then start over?

11. Bear

Bear Commodore

That might be a great idea.

Scheherazade likes this.
  12. Christy

Christy Commodore

I will gladly and plan to remove the minis once the system is fixed. We have only had to use them once. And when the rival saw we started using ours, they actually put theirs away. So we did the same. Our current rumble rivals have minis. They have not used them and they are not a top guild. I think just having them on the roster has acted as a bit of a deterrent from having them used against us.

We don't want to be up against mini guilds any more than anyone else. It will be a great day when I can kick the minis out forever.

13. Ian

Ian Commodore

This is starting to sound more like the 'Cold War' 60's than a mobile App game. The Cuban Missile crisis comes to mind with all this sort of chat. :(

14. awbo

awbo Captain

I hope no-one accuses us of using minis when we start rumbling soon. We welcome all level of pirates into our guild and literally have PH2-9. Be interesting to see what match ups we get.

Tiger Claw likes this.
  15. Christy

Christy Commodore

Not so sure I would compare Plunder Pirate minis to the Cuban Missile Crisis :eek:

Tex likes this.
  16. Daddy P

Daddy P Captain

If I understand Midoki correctly, if a guild has no bases under PH7, there would be no chance of a mini matchup, right? But may take hours to match. If an all PH9 guild has even 1 mini, it will be thrown into the old matchmaking system. That would be after last maintenance I believe.

17. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Seriously. I mean who here goes around banging their shoe on the table?

18. Bear

Bear Commodore

Well. Almost 24 hours since the new matchmaking is in place guaranteeing no minis if you just have ph7 and higher in your guild. I see RFF is still holding tight to their minis. Good to see all this fight fire with fire bologna was just that... Bologna.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  19. h670710

h670710 Powder Monkey

I'm Chinese players do not speak English, translated by GOOGLE

"Pirates rank" should be included in the "BP" integral calculation
    Mini accounts to no effect

20. Skye

Skye Commodore

Maybe we wanted confirmation it was actually fixed and other guilds were following along as well before jumping into the water alone blindly ;) Plus we were already in a rumble when the fix was introduced, so removing them immediately wouldn't have changed anything. With Midoki its pretty reasonable to be cautious moving forward, given all the bugs of the past (and present!)

Tex likes this.