Fighting Fire with Fire

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Christy, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Your a C-H-E-A-T-E-R. Does it make you feel better when I use the dashes?

2. Ian

Ian Commodore

Everybody is calling for and wanting disarmament.. but nobody wants to go first.. where have I heard this before? ;)

Daddy P likes this.
  3. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

There will probably be much less complaining when rumbles are just bought with gems.

Tiger Claw and Ian like this.
  4. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

Oh, hello Mr. Trump.

5. Bad Piggies has never had minis and the last 3 rumbles have all been against guilds also without minis and in the same general guild rank range. The matching is much better, but it does tend to take 30-45 minutes to start a rumble after you hit the search button. We are still getting spanked by high gemmers, but no minis.

6. Christy

Christy Commodore

I removed ours. We still get a mini guild once in a while. Not as bad as it was though.

850arrr and Ian like this.
  7. Red Privateer

Red Privateer First Mate

I wanted to hear from my second XO before doing this, but I have also issued "orders" that our three PH3 players go up to PH9.

Christy likes this.
  8. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

It's unfair to kick all Ph5/6s if you're a top guild. Or employ a mini. Neither is a good idea.

9. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

Unfortunately at the moment @Ultimate Sea Dog - if you do neither tactic - you virtually guarantee yourself to finish 3rd or 4th in virtually every rumble! :(

10. Raven master

Raven master Powder Monkey

Well we are currently getting smashed by minis in rff3 a guild I left because I was criticized for donating too much . Congrats on your rff fleet of minis. Stand proud boys

11. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

We tried a test, at OH, Canada, removed our minis out of the line up. we have only one PH6. The rest PH7 plus. Did this for two rumbles. matching time was under an hour for both rumbles and still ended up with guilds that are using minis immediately on the start of the rumble.

so the fix really didn't fix anything. And Yes they are only pulled out to match other mini use. it really sucks but it's the only way to make a rumble even.

One thing to be clear on I don't consider a low level PH who is rumbling for their guild and building and progressing a mini. There is time a low PH player is maxed on gold and grog, but all you have to do is look at stats and the isle layout to see they are not a mini.

12. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

Although we have found the "fix" to be broken, if you have any ph6s, you will be matched with minis. So you couldn't experience the fix even if it was working.

13. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

I thought they said you would be matched no lower than your lowest level PH? That's why the matching times would be slower.

14. Shonda La

Shonda La First Mate

No. It depends on your range of phs. If you have a ph9 in your guild, it is supposed to be that, as long as you don't have anything lower than a ph7, you are not matched with minis. If you have a six or lower, you will be. There's a whole thread about this. It's currently not working, but that's what it was supposed to be.

SitFlyer_ likes this.
  15. LYM

LYM Captain

Boom

16. LYM

LYM Captain

Always a fair fight with AO, just depends if I can be bothered to wast gems to beat you

17. Captain Hakjka

Captain Hakjka First Mate

As
    As this old thread has been started again, can we get a update - minis or no minis being used now? Thanks ))

18. Christy

Christy Commodore

We had them removed when the matchup system was "fixed." After waiting sometimes 24 hours for a matchup and sometimes still getting matched against mini guilds we added 2 accounts hoping to speed up the match search. They still ONLY get used if we are up against a heavy hitting mini guild in hopes that they will put them away and fight fair. Of course all you have to do is look through any guild roster to see who has them and who doesn't.

19. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

I have seen a number of mini guilds hide their minis. Bringing them in just before starting the rumble and removing them just before the end of the rumble. Trying to bury the evidence so to speak.

20. Christy

Christy Commodore

I have seen that as well. They make #1 spot on the rumble board and have already removed all their minis so they appear to have won fairly :rolleyes: