Fighting Fire with Fire

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by Christy, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Ah...Sneaky little pirates. That's what it's all about, but ruining it for others isn't exactly fun. However, if u look at it, none of this is actually anyone's fault besides us. No Midoki at fault, or Rovio. It's us players that have started exploiting minis, ruined the game for many, and the reason why so many are leaving or not happy with the game. If we had always played fair like the old days, gemmed a few battles, had close rumbles, some won and some lost, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Now, we as the PP community rely on the developers and Midoki to fix a problem that we created. So let's just cool down, stop bugging the developers, and wait for this fix to come around and hopefully press the reset button and be all joyous once again! And no, I am not pointing out anyone as no one is really whining in this thread, it's just a discussion and thought sharing among many guilds. So, hopefully, we can all put our minis aside soon enough and have peace amongst us.

peg-brain bob and Booty isle like this.
  2. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

That drop in and removal of mini doesnt make a difference because guilds have seen it happening.

IF Midoki is reading this, i ve got an idea for rumble scoring. that only kicks in when you are rumbling. This is just off the top of my head and watching how minis attack in rumbles.
    You guys have more data to work with.

Since ph6 averages say what 45 min to build 50 pirates and usually only gets 20 to 24 Bp in rumbles. have that as the break even point.

Ph1,2 or 3 and 4 Only get a max of 5 Bp in a rumble. and PH 5 from 5 to 15 max.

So right now a mini, can get say an average of 22 bp per attack. so some numbers.. say they get 1500 Bp in a rumble that works out to say 68 attacks. if you limit the minis. and they average 3 bp per attack that would work out to doing 500 attacks. Now saying it would take an average without any hacks and gems say 5 to 7 min an attack, doing 500 attacks would take 41 hours.

So that would limit the use of minis and the encoragement of upgrading PHs. Now when minis are not in rumbles the non rumble scoring would kick in as per a ph1 getting 25 Bp would still happen.

I dont know what the programming is for scoring. But i cant see having this set up as very hard to do, but this would have an average 35 or so minutes for a mini to do 5 attacks to a ph 6's one attack. It also would let Midoki see if anyone is using a robot or hack on the rumbles.

Just my suggestion....

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

The new scoring system has already been created and implemented, and will be going live in the upcoming update. The new scoring system for Rumbles is completely separate from BP*, and factors in both the increase in recruitment time that comes with higher PH levels, and the increased difficulty. I'll be putting up a post about the new scoring system nearer the time.

* Don't worry though, you'll still be getting extra BP as well as extra points for a Rumble Rival. ;)

bucket, Skillzone10, 850arrr and 5 others like this.
  4. Fang

Fang First Mate

Many humans are barely above animals (actually I take that back, my cat is more considerate than most people haha).

Seriously tho, without law and order there would be panic, fear, self-interest and chaos. Does anyone think we are any different than "those radicals in that there third-world country"? We are all human. In the absence of order, many of us "culturally proper" citizens, would steal, kill, chop off neighbor's heads and rape their children. If our rule of law and government/police system in the US went away, and lets say we all lost power too..or maybe food stopped being delivered to the grocery store, then there would be house to house theft and violence in no time...and that's only the beginning.

Things would continue to spiral out of control until someone strong and powerful enough organized a group, and created something symbolizing order and law, with enforcement.

Midoki is the law and order. Without them, we have rampant abuse of a clear exploit (mini's).

...unless you are from Japan or something. I am still awestruck by how well they supported each other after that tsunami. just amazing.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  5. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

cAn you give a hint on when that update will be? oUr clan is modifying our requirements for participation maybe we won't have to

6. Lynsey [Midoki]

I can't give an exact date, but it'll be by the end of October.

7. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Thank you

8. John56

John56 First Mate

Regarding the Rumble leaderboard, will you also be tweaking that? Currently it shows only the last Rumble score, so a guild full of minis who ran up 25k BP and has never rumbled again sits at the number 1 spot. A time limit, where a guild loses its spot if it has not rumbled in, say, 2 weeks, would help prevent this. As it stands now, 2 of the top 3 spots has been on the boards as long as I have been looking at the rankings, with the same score.

9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Yep, it's supposed to be a rolling leaderboard showing the collective Rumble score of a guild over the previous seven days - this should be fixed in the next update.

John56 likes this.
  10. Enuthral

Enuthral First Mate

Since you have said the scoring system for rumbles is complete

And as much as you will release more detailed information closer to the update , I'm going to suggest that you make a post now. maybe not fine Detail but maybe an overall general post to the forum since this is a very large issue for a lot of the active guilds. mAybe this will give a breather to those who maybe thinking of quitting. sort of a light at the end of the tunnel.

i would suggest put one each in general, and the rumble sub forums, just a small suggestion

Booty isle and Cocobean like this.
  11. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Your examples and interpretationsfreak me out...

yeti likes this.