Guild ranks

Discussion in 'Guild Improvements' started by The Fish Eyed Pirate, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

To add to this, no one should be able to promote to the rank they presently occupy. This doesn't work in the real world and shouldn't work here either.

2. Bear

Bear Commodore

Agreed.

3. Most complete list of wishes for the guild system. Job well done!

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  4. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Thanks, gents. I had to make up for veering so many other posts off topic.

I didn't add anything about this, because it'll never fly, but real pirate ships were quite democratic. The only time a captain had absolute authority was during battle. Afterward, he had to treat his crew fairly. If he didn't, he could be voted out. Obviously the ability to boot a captain from his/her own guild wouldn't work well in this game, but the principle of allowing the crew to accomplish certain things (kicking unruly members) by a vote would be useful, and keep it more authentic to the spirit of actual pirate ships.

5. i don't know, i think it'd be kinda cool if a majority vote (2/3, minimum) from everyone in guild to 'mutiny' and boot the captain would be something extremely unique and completely within the world established in pp... however, and i don't know how it'd be implemented, but it would have to be for only the most extreme of circumstances, say an absentee captain or someone who was just abusing their power. maybe other guild members could appeal to midoki and then midoki (after review) would grant a special council/guild vote?

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

I was in a guild that had an absentee captain.. It was horrible. The most active members left and created a clan, but it was less than half the size.. some just couldn't commit to leaving. It would have been great to just vote him out and then place votes among the first mates on who would replace him.

7. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'm not sure how I feel about a mutiny option :)

Mocon likes this.
  8. Bear

Bear Commodore

Never you captain!

Mocon and Gangrene Beard like this.
  9. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Well, I can see how an absentee captain could be awful, but in my case, it's not so bad. It'd be nice to update the MOTD, and I'd like to make a few special people FM's but I don't have any other complaints.

Btw, about that. If the captain wants to transfer control to a first mate, can he just leave the guild and rejoin? I'm the only one, so I assume it'd transfer to me. I wonder what happens when there are multiple first mates...

10. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I'll look for the quote from Chris, but short answer is yes

11. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Found it :)

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

13. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I have moments

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

So good reason to have only one First Mate, aside from the fact that the title has the word "First" in it...

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yeah, but until an extra rank is added, having a few extra 'Mates means you can justify promoting a few more to crew to replace them. :)

16. I'm going to strike I want a raise! :p

17. Chaos5715

Chaos5715 First Mate

Yes, people need to b able to see what I did overnight :D.

18. Yeah we should be able to keep tabs on you buddy ;)

19. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

I agree chat needs to store more than 32 messages. That can be the span of 32 minutes in my guild

20. I didn't know you where able to type so fast you can write a message every 32 minutes. I mean your a captain here but, i have to say thats impressive! ;)