Help! The update destroyed my interface

Discussion in 'General Bugs' started by PiratesKush420, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

It'll be an update on the AppStore and Play Store.

2. Honu

Honu Powder Monkey

this setting does not exist on my iPhone 5s, so this does not address the issue for me

benson&silvia likes this.
  3. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Unfortunately the affected Android devices, non-retina iPads and oldest compatible iPhones (4s and the 5 series) will have to wait for the fix to become available on the AppStore and Play Store. We're hoping to have this sorted soon.

4. Honu

Honu Powder Monkey

The 'fix' does not work on the 5s series either

5. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Maybe the fix can include remembering the user preferred zoom level? That would be nice.

It gets a little old zooming out every single time one battles. That means about 50,000 times I have done this.

6. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

In the meantime, those in distress are being looted! Seems like the worst of times for them.

7. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

I'm very sorry to hear that some players are having issues due to playing on devices that are a little older! Perhaps Midoki can compensate those players with some gems!!:) (Hint, hint)

Ian likes this.
  8. Intimidator

Intimidator Captain

How old is old? Does anyone still use an iPhone 4? I had an iPhone5s that I had the game on but never even attempted to play on it. Just checked in and donated once in a while. Couldn't play on that thing after PH7o_O

9. Omar Ceceña

Omar Ceceña First Mate

Ouch...I just use my plain ole droid...:confused:

10. Honu

Honu Powder Monkey

the problem is that on my iPhone 5s, I cannot even check in to collect resources, start errands, reload defenses, etc. It's a device that was just introduced 3 1/2 years ago -- so hardly ancient.

Midoki is being a bit defensive by referring to the 5s as a 'much older' device -- the fact is that they went live with this update after what must have been a rather primitive QA process.

11. ElFrenetico

ElFrenetico Captain

3.5 years, but in Apple years that's like 24 years! ;)

12. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

@ElFrenetico too funny but so true!:p
    ;)

13. Ian

Ian Commodore

Quoting @Lynsey [Midoki] the issue is with non-retina devices not just old devices and whilst age may be a factor for iPhone 4 etc. Lynsey did say this also included lower end devices too iPhone 5c etc.

14. Ian

Ian Commodore

+1 as I have a number of valued loyal members in my Guild having to tough time with this

15. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

It's making making it hard for many to rumble. I hope there is some nice compensation for the inconvenience ;)

16. Becker Redbeard

Becker Redbeard First Mate

Good news is my upgrades went quickly ;) Sorry couldn't resist.

17. benson&silvia

benson&silvia Powder Monkey

Still nothing to solve this anoising problem for my iPhone 5s and iPad mini, hope the update coming soon.
    By the way, it caused my rank dropping....
    can you please do it faster...

Rama likes this.
  18. Rama

Rama Powder Monkey

Update made playing mostly unbearable. Honestly bothers me that I've spent money on this game and now I can't play.
    I'm no programmer, but this seems like it should be an easy fix.
    I pad

19. Rama

Rama Powder Monkey

How about instead of a workaround lol wtf? You fix the issue?

20. Ian

Ian Commodore

@Rama there are plenty of references/comments highlighting the fact that a permanent fix is being sort. The work-a-round has resolved a number of members and allowed them to get back into gaming, but for some (including a number of my members) it wasn't an option.

Problematic updates are not new for PP or any other software developer; and Midoki has always come through and resolved the issues as they are found.

Am sure once the issue is resolved the update will be applied.