How this player could crack game?

Discussion in 'Build Bugs' started by Mr. FD, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

And also thanks to everyone else who's helped highlight the issue - it's obviously a bit depressing for us when we realise there's an exploit, but at least if we know about it we can shut it down.

SaK, TBird, Jun and 1 other person like this.
  2. Mr. FD

Mr. FD Powder Monkey

Is There:
    http://www.midoki.com/forum/index.php?threads/automatic-ban.79/
    Midoki writes a list of rules for who should be an automatic ban.
    Among them there is an item:
    "Use any bots, cheats or mods and / or to hack the game to gain an advantage."

Now top1 player has a base with a hack, and so far he has not been banned.
    I want to ask midoki - how long will the policy of double standards? There is the idea that the only reason that hackers are still not banned - what they bring midoki large income.
    Can I make a lot of money and use hacks, too? (just kidding, but sad)

And you just send out the message to hackers? Ask them not to do? And what about your own rules?

Burnz and Captain Monkey like this.
  3. Jun

Jun First Mate

Mr. FD, this isn't really a hack. It is a bug, i.e. a problem in the game mechanics. He didn't download a 3rd party software to change the code or some such. As such, it is more of an exploitation (or creative use) of legal methods than it is "illegal".

4. Jun

Jun First Mate

I'm trying to think of a good example.

How about in the Pokemon games? With the mysterious No.002 "pokemon" / glitch or whatever it was called.

No one "hacked" that pokemon. It is just bugged. You generally don't ban people for finding a bug/error in your game.

I hope you played Pokemon o_O

5. Mr. FD

Mr. FD Powder Monkey

Jun, thanks for the clarification. I hope this is true.

6. Cupcake bunnies

Cupcake bunnies Powder Monkey

Btw, have you ever wondered that do those top players really paid a lot to boost themselves up? What if there is a bug that you can recruit troops for free? Actually, you CAN recruit troops for free! Say you are [MESSAGE REDACTED]

By using overlapped building bug and this free recruiting bug, those Chinese players can always stay on the top and with their top 1 guild. Stopping them doing this won't be enough for the rest of nice players cuz their rigged ranks are still out there!

It's time to banbanban!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2015
  7. Mr. FD

Mr. FD Powder Monkey

H01d.ma.d1ck I realized Midoki official advice. It is necessary to learn Chinese language, use of found bugs, and be always on top. No fees, no ban, no whatsoever problem.

Cupcake bunnies likes this.
  8. Cupcake bunnies

Midoki can't leave them alone just because they paid a lot. The potential players in the future is even more important. I have been playing this game for couple months and it is really a nice game but I will quit if I have to.

9. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

We're not leaving them alone - 'exploited' bases are being forcibly edited over the weekend and messages are being sent to those players. If they continue to use the exploit after being warned, they will be banned. The bug has been found and fixed, and that will be rolled out in a couple of weeks' time.

The recruiting bug has already been fixed and that will be in Monday's update.

10. Cupcake bunnies

Good to know and thanks for reply!

11. Jun

Jun First Mate

That's a very reasonable policy.

12. SaK

SaK First Mate

thts why JUN is called the expert and strategist pirate in our guild...hats off @Jun

Edward Kenway likes this.
  13. SaK

SaK First Mate

the game is so full of glitches and buggs and people are abusing it that im hating to play it anymore...just getting pissed off by the ignorance of LOTS of things by MIDOKI... its like they have just made a buggy full of glitchy game in the market and give us the responsibility to find those out. we use real money for god sake...

@midoki pls remember to check and fix those bugs before putting some game in the market...just ...no words to midoki

14. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

This game is becoming nothing more than the worst and most frustrating game I have ever played. People should not play this game anymore. I am a top50 player and I can personally attest to how horrible this game is. The developers are the laziest people I have ever seen. Cheating is rampant. Who do I contact to get a refund of the money I spent. This game is a fraud!!!!

15. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Come on, guys. There hasn't been an online game in history that didn't have exploitable bugs. This one only became a known exploit (and thus, a problem) very recently. It'll be fixed very soon. Compare that with lots of games with known exploits that remain for 6-12 months...or forever.

Midoki's response on this has been top notch; arguably the fastest I've ever seen. Hate the exploit, hate the players who use it, if you must, but all this whining about slow response on Midoki's part is just ridiculous, and smacks of ignorance and impatience.

Go post something productive, and give it a rest.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  16. Darth Yoda

Darth Yoda First Mate

You are wasting your breathe Kel. This is the internet. This place is full of imperfect people who expect others to be perfect. It is easy to be abusive from behind a keyboard.

We all wish this game was perfect, but it isn't. No game ever is. I also play vain glory, and the forum there is even more toxic than here. Who would be a forum moderator. Not me.

if you are looking for perfection in this world, good luck. It is run by humans. Humans <> perfect.

17. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

I completely agree with everything you said. On threads about other game issues, I have posted similar comments to the above, and in a few rare cases, the original complainer retracted their statement. But in this case, It is totally a waste of breath/time. :) It just really annoys me when people post unfair statements like that. :)

I mean. one quick look at the ingame credits shows that Midoki is not a software giant; rather, they're just a small group of people who, through lots of hard work managed to make a great title. It's not like this game has allowed anyone at Midoki to buy their own private island yet, so it's ridiculous to believe that they'd suddenly stop caring about the game.

Burnz and Darth Yoda like this.
  18. SaK

SaK First Mate

writing here big big things wont change anything, that u know ... i know everybody knows...

1. just expressed my views! cause i have put real money here

2.. im not talking about absolute perfection... im talking about authenticity, legitimacy and being active on the part of midoki.

we can at least expect an environment that tells us that go ahead and if u do hard work, nobody can stop u from being the best...but if this kind of glitches can make some people top players and i have to wait and watch then sorry guys...i cant!

ill express my views loudly till its not fixed...hope which will be quickly done.

小绿(Green) and Kelani like this.
  19. SaK

SaK First Mate

hope that time is not far from achieving

Kelani likes this.
  20. Spongee

Spongee Commodore

I think Midoki has been handling this in a fair and reasonable manner. As stated prior, all games have bugs and glitches. I have seen Devs leave a known glitch in a game for over a year that gave players free gems, because only 2-3 players exploited the glitch and it drove up gem buying for the players that were competing against those that got free gems. That Dev also allowed known hackers to continue playing the game for same reason. Unlike the Devs mentioned in the other game, Midoki Devs saw a problem, and fixed it as quick as they could. They can't ban people for exploiting a bug, but a stern warning and threat of future ban for repeat offense is an extremely fair solution. I applaud Midoki Devs for the job they have done on this game to this point. Thank you Midoki :)

Darth Yoda, Burnz and Kelani like this.