How this player could crack game?

Discussion in 'Build Bugs' started by Mr. FD, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Yes, you can and should expect that. I don't think you'll find anyone here who will disagree with you on that point. I'm just saying, whenever something like this crops up, give the devs a reasonable amount of time to do something about it. :) btw, I'm all for being able to voice your opinions. I know I always will. My post was more for the other guy, who forgot to post any useful opinions, and jumped straight into ridiculous accusations. That stuff just isn't helpful to anyone. Common sense, and all evidence shows that Midoki takes these things seriously. The day that no longer seems to be the case, I'll be the first one to rip them a new one for it :)

I'm sure it is no small feat for them to check and contact all the owners of bases they see exploiting this bug, yet, they are doing just that. I think that speaks volumes.

2. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Is it possible that many of you who have spent real money in-game are feeling cheated by the developers for not catching these glitches before the game went to market?

Isn't it also possible that the game developers are equally frustrated at seeing their baby possible thrown aside because players have exploited those glitches for their own gain?

Not only could this potentially blackball the developing team from future projects, but it could also result in a huge loss of revenue if players leave if the glitches aren't fixed.

We have a wonderful experience of being able to talk to and get responses from a developer team to a game that we all love. Perhaps give them the benefit of the doubt that they're just as frustrated and trying to fix this as fast as they can? My two cents.

Arr, Tex, Captain Monkey and 3 others like this.
  3. SaK

SaK First Mate

i will remember that

Kelani likes this.
  4. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Now that we've successfully derailed this thread, after answering the question originally posed, can we move on?

5. SaK

SaK First Mate

w
    we cant be in peace right now...we cant move on till THE BUG IS FIXED

6. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Just curious. Have you ever programmed anything before? Everything takes time. Sometimes, a very long time. If midoki had 100 developers, with a 1,000-strong support staff, maybe they could give that kind of response time, but they don't, and it's unreasonable of you to expect that. Personally, if I reported such an island, I wouldn't even check to see if anything had been done for at least a week or two.

So, you posted many hours ago that the island was messed up. OK, let's assume a dev saw your post right that second (not likely). Which scenario makes more sense:

A. They made a note of it, and continued to work on fixing the problem which affects millions of players, as well as contacting all owners of bases with overlapping buildings.
    B. They stopped their bug-fixing work to send him a nice "please don't do that" email, while ignoring the hundreds of other bases which exploit this bug.

As stated in other posts, until the fix is released, they are going to contact the owner of every messed up base they find, and inform them to stop exploiting the bug. They do not have to do this! Many game devs would just say "Ehh, It'll be fixed in the next update. Deal with it!" and leave it at that. The fact that they're taking that extra step, which given how busy they are must be an enormous pain in the ass, should be enough to show you they do care about the situation.

There is more profit to be made from getting the new PH 8 update, and Android version out. They could just as easily have ignored this problem and focused on those two things. Look at how much @Lynsey [Midoki] has been posting on all the threads about this. It's a priority, and that is obvious to everyone here...except you, for some reason.

That one base is just a small part of a much larger problem. Your expectations that the devs will drop everything to address it, are, frankly, unrealistic.

7. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

+1 to give them some time, and move on for now

Jun likes this.
  8. SaK

SaK First Mate

@Kelani how can u be so sure that the devs are really going to take time to send them each a notice...as long as its not fixed we cant take their side only because they told u they WILL do it. but i know this is only we can do right now. but we cant ignore the fact that they are really delaying a huge problem that can ruin the total gameplay and make this game a junk.
    right now, the difference with the other games is "Ehh, It'll be fixed in the next update" and here in PP they told they will send message to everyone and if they want they will stop, which i think most of them wont do because they are not cheating so even if they dont do u cant ban them. and that precess can take a huge amount of time.

anyway this discussion will never end as long as there is no fix or solution or somebody close this thread.:eek:
    but for now ill prefer to take nobodys side and be neutral and see how long the devs are going to take to fix this issue.

Kelani likes this.
  9. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Thanks Bob!
    That's right!
    YOU WIN!
    And today, this lucky contestant wins a chance to reread what Kel said, k?

Kelani likes this.
  10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Well, Lynsey posted that they were going to send notices. That's an official statement, so it's good enough for me. Whether they actually follow through with it, doesn't matter, because of all the people who get those notices, some will miss it, some will ignore it, and those who don't speak English may not understand it. The problem's only going to go away when the bug is fixed.

Well, we have a confirmation it's been identified and roughly when to expect the fix. We also have an official post stating that they're taking the extra step to combat the exploit in the meantime (all of this done in record time, I might add) so I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

SaK, Jun, Darth Yoda and 1 other person like this.
  11. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

So................

I'm planning to continue playing.
    Hmmm, just like I've been playing all along.
    Yeah, it may take a while to train the groups I really want (inc that 100k WD I managed to train), but every attack is still a thrill, every defeat is a ....
    ...defeat?
    Yeah, whatever.

Point being, stuff happens. Good, bad. Bad stuff gets fixed.

Regards

12. Arr

Arr Captain

How would Midoki reach out to these players? Through e-mail? Having a Game Center account doesn't mean they have access to the player's e-mail address?

I doubt it would be through the as yet unused messaging system within the game - no one has posted a screenshot of that in action.

All I see is Midoki forcibly editing these islands, and only after several offenses will they ban the user. Once the Midoki mods are done policing this weekend, the glitchers will trickle back in until the bug is patched.

13. SaK

SaK First Mate

this process will take a long long time and what am i thinking is that "it is a real pain to find all those a players a =nd send each a msg! and u can be sure that many will be ignored and unnoticed!

we cant do anything but wait and watch how much u shout, cry, believe midoki or not, ur for or against the whole process that midoki is going to take.

nobody knows anything,(except the fact that they told they will send msg to each who are abusing the patch) everybody is just guessing midoki will do this and that, midoki thought this and that, or midoki already knew about the glitch but were waiting to reproach, all are guesses unfortunately(everybody making stories and imagining what would happen and what is going to happen)...nobody told them anything nor they are the devs to know those infos!

so wait like a thirsty bird and hope this will be fixed!

14. Sak, I understand your frustration but things naturally take time to do. I'm on the devs side with this one. Yes, it's a bug. Yes, it most likely being going on for far longer than we think, and yes, they will fix it. Give them time, it'll get done. In the meantime, I suggest you going to have a look at some of the more blatent examples. It makes you smile to think that the culprit(s) thinks nobody would notice or care. Take the example burnz recently battled and won (good on you burnz - one for the good guys!).

No, I don't believe messaging the culprits will help, Yes I believe that it'll get fixed as soon as possible.

As a final note, shouting at the devs isn't going to help. Be productive, be positive, even be nice. But let them get on with their jobs for all our sakes.

Shonda La likes this.
  15. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

So just to clarify, people are actually discussing two different issues here.

The first overlapping reports, and this is pre the base editor, was a bug in the code that was fixed as soon as it was reported.

What players are seeing now is an exploit within the base editor. Since its report we have been investigating the issue and this is also now fixed. As most of you know we currently have an update with Apple and so it obviously can't make it into that one, but the fix will be in the one after that.

In the short term though, as we realise it is spoiling the gaming experience for other users, we have sent a message to each of the players using the exploit asking them to refrain from doing it in the future, and we have re-arranged their islands so that there are no longer any overlapping buildings. Should they keep doing it we will take further action.

Hopefully this will be an end of it and we can get back to playing fairly.

SaK, 小绿(Green), Mr. FD and 5 others like this.
  16. Captain Monkey

Captain Monkey First Mate

Thanku midoki

17. Yes indeed , thankyou. Just viewed the most notorious abuser of this and his island is all over the place. Hopefully this is the result of midoki rather than any message.

Number ten in the top 200. Whoops! shouldn't discriminate against a single player, not fair!!!!

18. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

To help balance out your blatant discrimination...#6, ROM, base is in disarray as well;)