is a new ph the answer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Booty isle, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Urdrlaev

Urdrlaev Powder Monkey

@toast_factory, you ABSOLUTELY have to join an active and good guild. I had your same problems and joining a guild completely solved them: much more BP from rumbles, the observatory decreases exploration times, monster killing and chest farming really a lot, smith, gym and pirate-catching thing helps (I don't know english names) really much with attacking. The're GREAT! And then you find people to chat and to have fun with. Try that, it's really worth because the game gest more exciting, more funny and much more easy to play

Aalyxei, Cocobean, Madhouse and 2 others like this.
  2. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

@toast-factory:
    there's a TON of nice guilds here, and i can name quite a few. check out the recruitment page to check these out, and find one that fits you. There are some competitive (ie. Midnight Rumbles, the dead group, etc.) and some are for slacking (midnight raiders etc.). Some are in between. See what suits you, and you will find a good guild.

Darth Yoda and Urdrlaev like this.
  3. BBBD3000

BBBD3000 Powder Monkey

My guild is on life support. We keep perks funded, donate quickly, and rumble regularly.

However, regulars are leaving the game, not logging in as much, or not putting in effort during the rumbles. We are routinely matched against teams that average 2-4× our score, so there isn't much incentive to try.

The non-rumble gameplay is just as stale.

This game needs new units, new maps, new gameplay modes, and more events. I play Transformers Earth Wars, a game that is only a few months old, and they have events every weekend. Some are individual, comprable to Thunderstruck, and others are team based with everyone working together to achieve rewards.

A significant shakeup and advertising push to attract new players are urgently needed.

4. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

That's the problem?
    Wrong. That's simply my choice.
    I would never disparage those who spend money on a "free" game (although I do laugh sometimes at the actual amounts they spend)
    Next time you feel like making your opinion known, maybe you should keep it to yourself.

5. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

Thanks Skye. Good to see you, buddy :)

Skye likes this.
  6. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Is a new pirate hall the answer? No. A new pirate hall is a change in scenery on the walk to a finish line that is constantly moved away.

If we need maxed troops to beat maxed defenses then an update that includes new troop levels and new defenses has just made everyone's existing work and purchases less valuable. This is of course in every EULA for freemium games, but It may not be understood by everyone.

So be happy for the change in scenery but don't think you are getting more powerful troops or defenses when one requires the other to remain competitive.

12.25 days until my pirate hall is back to where I started, at the current maximum level. Months and months and months before all my pirates and defenses are back to where I was this morning before the update.

I look forward to some gameplay changes.

850arrr and Black-ish Beard like this.
  7. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

@BBBD3000 , theses are just suggestions. I'm not privy to exactly what's happening in your guild. That said...you need to cut any dead weight from your guild. You will more likely be paired with stronger guilds during rumbles as long as your guild has "potential" to rumble. Better a strong, small guild. When rumbles are fun, Pirates like to stay and play.

Poppa Bob likes this.
  8. Booty isle

Booty isle Captain

Thank you midoki for a new ph. I always like something new to do. I still enjoy playing this game the same way I have been for over a year now. Hopefully with the new ph done, midoki will now focus on an new aspect of competition within gameplay. Something that will encourage me to spend money. I see this new ph being the maxed ph for over 6 months so I just don't see an incentive to spend money on it or I run the risk of having nothing to do for a potential long time. Weekly events of some sort are needed to keep me spending. A new ph or a once every month event isn't enough for me to dump money into. I hope the creativity that drew me into this game continues on a regular basis.

Tifosa, Skye and 850arrr like this.
  9. Bobd

Bobd Powder Monkey

I don't mind the new PH, but I do take issue with the walls costing more. What is up with the fact that my level 14 walls now cost 1.8 mil gold when they cost 1.7 mil yesterday? Right now level 14 and 15 walls now cost the same, 1.8 mil gold!!! I hope this is a glitch that can be fixed soon. I don't have a lot of level 13 walls left to upgrade to level 14, but it is frustrating that they now cost more.

850arrr, Black-ish Beard and Madhouse like this.
  10. Madhouse

Madhouse Crew

I noticed this but thought it was just me going mad... I still have alot of walls to ug to lvl 14.. this will make it an even longer haul of its not a glitch

850arrr and Black-ish Beard like this.
  11. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

There was no change in the price to upgrade walls from lv 10 to lv 11. This is bug that midoki is already aware of, and is fixing it. Hopefully the fix will be out in a day or 2

12. Fontlaroy

Fontlaroy Crew

The addition of new Legendary Pirate levels isn't going to help things for a majority of us either. For me I am nowhere near maxed and now need to save even more materials and BP for the additional levels >.<

The additional defence, troop levels are ok, but to go through the frustration of a lack of silo space again may just be too much :(

Madhouse and 850arrr like this.
  13. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

I agree, hopefully they will add another silo level shortly

14. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

There are no new materials added, so i can t see why they should increase the silo level again? There still should be some kind of challenge. It was never Midokis intention that you could save materials for the nxt, like f.e. 10, remaining levels of all legendaries. Current silo space is fair imo.

Ian likes this.
  15. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I do not like the extra bookkeeping necessary with the silo being too small.

I also do not like the lack of materials in chests and from sea battles. Traveling to the edge of the map and killing a five star monster should not be giving me gold, grog and EP. I would be all for gold and grog to be eliminated from exploration entirely.

And I now know that if one gets a material from a sea battle that cannot fit in the silo it is not flagged red so we at least know those items could not be stored. What a pain.

If LPs are supposed to be impossible to max then all of the above is of no consequence.

I have done a lot of out of game accounting on paper and computer spreadsheets, but that is just getting to be too much work and not enough enjoyment with the results.

16. 850arrr

850arrr Captain

I too was a little set back from seeing more LP levels. None of my LPs are that close to being maxed at the moment and I don't see them ever being maxed if midoki keeps pushing the finish line further and further ahead. But on the flip side, i can see why they did it, they are just pushing the carrot further out from our turtle mouths.

Madhouse likes this.
  17. Poppa Bob

Poppa Bob Crew

Dude, no offence but I think you're working it too hard. Chill. It's just a game.

18. Ian

Ian Commodore

I would agree with both @HornyQuokka and @Super-Nor . The concept of the LP's is a 'long-term' strategy and while I feel that the current silo space is adequate it does rely on some strategy (remember this IS a strategy-based game) But I also get frustrated at the lack of usable resources obtained from the map journeys; in that a 12-24 hour journey should reflect that effort in rewards (IMO).

Black-ish Beard and 850arrr like this.
  19. Black-ish Beard

Black-ish Beard Captain

LOL!

...and yet, I understand :(

Super-Nor and Poppa Bob like this.
  20. Poppa Bob

Poppa Bob Crew

I totally agree that the rewards do not reflect the time or resource investment (it's just a game it's just a game it's just a game it's just a game ;))

Madhouse likes this.