Join Pirates Against Bloated Banners (aka Wall of Shame)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tex, Jun 11, 2015.

?

Are you in favor of Midoki limiting Banner Sizes?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2015.
  1. Yes

78.9%
  2. No

13.2%
  3. I'm an offender, shut up

7.9%
  1. @Floki can you make a new one for our friend here:

[​IMG]
    PROUD MEMBER OF RED FLAG FLEET 2

2 reasons:
    A. Gif's in sig's aren't allowed in forum rules; (rule #13 although this is not really enforced since even Midoki crew uses gifs in their posts)
    B. It's a bit oversized.

2. Floki

Floki Captain

Happy too I will pull out photo shop this weekend what's needed I got to make a couple of good ones not the simple fare I have made. Let me know the theme and I can put a few bits and bobs together

3. Fil

Fil Captain

4. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Is "Resistance is useless" because someone didn't know how to spell Futile? Lmao :)

awbo likes this.
  5. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Eeek, must have missed that one... :eek:

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

Your not the only staffer to miss it. Lol

7. LYM

LYM Captain

Lol, tempted to make a banners 950*950

Tex likes this.
  8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Gifs in sigs/avatars are annoying, but the occasional one in a post isn't too bad, IMO. :)

The Fish Eyed Pirate and Tex like this.
  9. Bear

Bear Commodore

Trust me. Your text and spacing make it bug enough... :p

10. Tex

Tex Commodore

These are comments regarding this topic from a post dated November 27, 2014...
    It's been 7 months since then and nothing changed.
    Apparently common sense is in short supply these days.
    Can we get "more detail" from Midoki on the official guidelines.
    It shouldn't take that long to make a ruling.

11. I tried tagging you in that message lol ;)
    But yeah Gif's as avatar and sig: No please
    The occasional gif in a post: Yes please

12. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Just a side note - how come I get to read about what phone you use in every post?

This thread is starting to make me feel self-conscious about the size of my own banner! :confused:

Edit: Size reduced. Smaller than any other purported "small" ones I see in this thread.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    roguecylon and awbo like this.
  13. Tex

Tex Commodore

It's not about having the smallest banner. It's about using a consistent, "common sense" sized banner on the forum. For some reason each guild thinks they have to one-up the last so the banners get Bigger and BIGGER! Since individuals cannot figure out what is appropriate, we must defer to Midoki to set the rules. Otherwise let's all blow up our banners. I'm going for the maximum size allowable on the forum, whatever that is.

14. Bear

Bear Commodore

I put that info in my banner because I try to be active in the android bugs section. It keeps me from having to post it every time I post a bug.

15. Floki

Floki Captain

I hate the Beebs he stole my hair cut!! The little f.................er

Tex likes this.
  16. I don't know how to tell how many pixels my signature is, but I copied the banner picture from Ed who I think you were specifically calling out, so is mine too big too? o_O

17. awbo

awbo Captain

It's not just the image but all the text that goes with it, Edward's is longer than yours.

18. Okay, just wanted to make sure I wasn't offending because I'm not quite sure how to make the picture smaller :)

19. Tex

Tex Commodore

@awbo is correct and I modified the text in my opening post to clarify. The issue not only oversized banners, but also oversized signatures. I have absolutely no problem with the size of your signature. But your captain has more words than a dictionary in his. The signature should be a teaser. Save the details for your guild page.

Midoki should set a limit on the total pixel height of banners and signatures.

*Cap'n Sparkle* likes this.
  20. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

Tex will forever more be associated with the Bieber JPEG. Lol

Fil likes this.