Join Pirates Against Bloated Banners (aka Wall of Shame)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tex, Jun 11, 2015.

?

Are you in favor of Midoki limiting Banner Sizes?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2015.
  1. Yes

78.9%
  2. No

13.2%
  3. I'm an offender, shut up

7.9%
  1. Bear

Bear Commodore

@Tex my bet is it's not going to help the problem, just add to it. As for me, I finally disabled signatures. While I didn't like the oversized signatures, I could live with the annoyance. But all the protest signatures are just obnoxious. Drove me over the edge to disable signatures

Tikigirl and yeti like this.
  2. yeti

yeti Captain

By playing to your own ego and encouraging a new competition that now annoys any and every mature, rational member of the forum? I get that your annoyed, but you're not bigger than the forum and your solution is to resort to tactics that, like bear says, are more obnoxious than the original problem. I won't bother disabling signatures, I'll just move on again, such obviously childish and blatant disregard for others doesn't make for a community i have anything in common with or one that most people not of a similar ilk would want to be a part of. Flame away.

Tikigirl and War Koala like this.
  3. TBird

TBird Captain

Same....

I'm tired of fools being fools and not living up to the gentleman's agreement that has been in place since Nov.
    Just a few people worried about the 6 inches around their head and not thinking about the whole forum community. Another sad day for the forum.

Signature switch turned to OFF

4. Tex

Tex Commodore

さようなら

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  5. yeti

yeti Captain

Really? Any credibility you had is shot. Well played

War Koala likes this.
  6. Tex

Tex Commodore

That is your opinion which I cannot control. I have my own reasons for taking a stand on this topic and have every right to. Sorry you don't agree. If you want to leave the forum over that, it's your loss.

7. Floki

Floki Captain

I have s forum it's a simple thing in setting you set up max size for sig and avatar and you just can't save anything bigger...No conversation needed!

Tex likes this.
  8. yeti

yeti Captain

You of course have the right to take a stand, but not in the way you are doing it. You have more people than me telling you that the deliberately oversized signatures are an issue, yet you choose to think your stand is more important than everyone else's use of the forum. Somewhat hypocritical given the whole point of your thread and the earlier comments you made?

From the rules:
    • general misbehaviour that is not listed specifically in the rules but leads to a negative forum experience for other users

Tikigirl likes this.
  9. Tex

Tex Commodore

Funny how you are willing to call me out about my large signature. But not the original abusers who started this standoff. At least I am willing to communicate about the topic, while they are hiding their heads in the sand. You have not been a forum member as long as some of us. This issue was addressed back in November last year, @TBird refers to it as "the great banner war". At that time guilds agreed to a set of standards regarding signature size so it would not get out of control. The leading perps were forum members at the time and are aware of the fuss that was made. Yet they chose to ignore the agreements, even as several forum members have asked them to respect the rules time and again. So if you want to get on your soapbox, how about talking to them. As for me, I have nothing else to add to the conversation. It's a shame this has become ridiculous. I didn't start this fight. But I am willing to finish it, by encouraging the community to adopt whatever signature size they desire. As @Raptelan so kindly pointed out, you are welcome to turn off signatures from being displayed.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  10. Tex

Tex Commodore

More than 3/4 of the community is unhappy with the large banners some guilds are adopting. That in itself is contributing to a negative forum experience. I just happen to be the only one willing to take a stand on it vocally. Gauging by the votes on this thread you are in the minority of not caring about the topic, so go ahead and cast your "No" vote to having reasonable signature standards.

11. yeti

yeti Captain

Actually, I was the second person to vote yes, presumably you were the first. I was around for the great banner wars, commented on the topic, and have posted the link to it recently elsewhere in response to a ridiculous banner, so you are way off mark with your assumptions. I completely agree with the issue, just not the approach.

War Koala and Tex like this.
  12. Tex

Tex Commodore

Okay. Thanks for setting the record straight. Sorry you don't agree with my approach, but I'm very frustrated with the lack of empathy on the issue from known offenders. If this is a cause you care about too, might I suggest you PM the primary offenders and see if you can get them to agree to a standard. Let me know how that goes. But if your not willing to do that much, please stop interrupting my thread. Thank you.

13. Christy

Christy Commodore

Ohhhhhh I hate that :mad: and don't even get me started on the toilet seat always being up. Living in a house full of males, I gave up that fight long ago

Tex likes this.
  14. Admin [Midoki]

Admin [Midoki] Administrator Staff Member

Hey all, I've applied some new restrictions to forum signatures. Things were getting a little out of hand. So.........

Max Height - 150px
    Max Width - 800px
    Max lines - 2
    Max links - 1
    Max images - 1

Hopefully that will keep people happy, but if they're still getting on your nerves I suggest turning them off completely in your browsing prefs.

Darke Shadow, Kelani, yeti and 9 others like this.
  15. Bear

Bear Commodore

I think max lines 2 limits excessive text

16. TBird

TBird Captain

So let it be written !!! So let it be done !!!!

Max Height - 150px
    Max Width - 800px
    Max lines - 2
    (With the image file as one of the 2 lines)
    Max links - 1
    Max images - 1

Anything bigger is rejected or cropped from bottom up....

Time to get out Photoshop and start resizing everyone.

Thanks @Chris !!!!!

And thanks @Tex for bringing it up.... even with the dreaded Bieber :eek::eek::eek:
    Please don't make Tex bring out the Bieber again :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    Tex likes this.
  17. Krayzkat

Krayzkat Crew

Well done Tex. Mission accomplished

Tex likes this.
  18. Tex

Tex Commodore

Thank you. :)

19. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain