Join Pirates Against Bloated Banners (aka Wall of Shame)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tex, Jun 11, 2015.

?

Are you in favor of Midoki limiting Banner Sizes?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2015.
  1. Yes

78.9%
  2. No

13.2%
  3. I'm an offender, shut up

7.9%
  1. Tex

Tex Commodore

If it helps to create a set of standards for the community I'll be a Belieber.

The Fish Eyed Pirate likes this.
  2. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

How to tell if your signature is too big:

1. Look at a bunch of other signatures.
    2. Look at yours.

If yours is noticeably larger than the others, it may be too big. :D

Seriously, though. We don't need Midoki wasting their time setting a policy on this. They need to be fixing the servers and giving us yummy content updates :)

Besides, that work's already been done. Just keep them reasonable (under 120px high and 800px wide), so they're all the same general size, and that's close enough.

Beck [Midoki] and Tex like this.
  3. Tex

Tex Commodore

Sounds good. If everyone gets onboard with this I'll fix mine.

4. Bear

Bear Commodore

Even @Kelani has a paragraph under his banner. :p

Kelani likes this.
  5. TBird

TBird Captain

I "thought" we had all come to an agreement way back in Nov after the last great banner war.

120x800 pix MAX banner size
    2 lines of type below banner MAX

There have been a lot of new members and new guilds join the forum since the last great banner war, and a few old members had gotten a bit of mission creep in their banners since the agreement....

good to get the standards out there again for everyone.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    Tex likes this.
  6. awbo

awbo Captain

Maybe someone should make a sticky

7. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

(And a smaller image to allow for it.)

HEY, Mine's smaller than yours, man!

Bet that's the first time anyone's ever said that and been proud of it :p

TBird, Tex and Bear like this.
  8. Bear

Bear Commodore

I have no idea how big mine is. I'm 100% mobile on this forum. And my browser makes all fonts the same size. For readability

Christy likes this.
  9. Floki

Floki Captain

[​IMG]

Fil, Tex and Christy like this.
  10. Tex

Tex Commodore

I say go for it Floki!
    Big banners for everyone until we're told otherwise.
    Let's see what at got.

11. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

@Floki - your big banner is HILARIOUS! :D

12. yeti

yeti Captain

How about you just just ban banners completely, Midoki, because the number of stupidly huge banners in response to the issue shows the forum is incapable of managing it themselves and really don't give a toss about the impact they have on the forum experience of others. Two wrongs etc...

13. Floki

Floki Captain

My eye sight is not what it was Rap hehehehe I love a joke but some won't see it which makes it all the funnier.:D

14. Floki

Floki Captain

Brooooohaha!

15. Raptelan

Raptelan Captain

Please Midoki can we get the oversized banner at the top of every page reduced in size too?

16. yeti

yeti Captain

The banner at the top doesn't affect anyones ability to scroll through the posts, the inconsiderate ones at the end of people's posts do. The hilarity wears off after one view....

Tikigirl likes this.
  17. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah... All this intentionally putting oversized banners in your signature is getting old... Seems childish to me. Why not lead by example?

Tikigirl likes this.
  18. Enygma

Enygma Powder Monkey

LOL @Raptelan

To those viewing the forums on a mobile device, yes the large banner at teh top of the page is a bit cumbersome.

19. Bear

Bear Commodore

What mobile device? I used to access the forums which an iPhone, and now with my Android phone, and it never gets In my way. And even when my data is throttled it loads quick and fine.

20. Tex

Tex Commodore

That's a pretty standard sized Header for most websites. It doesn't interfere with scrolling through messages. The issue is forum users bloating up their signatures like it's some kind of contest.
    Already tried that "lead by example" @Bear and it didn't work. Some forum members have egos too big to admit they are annoying to more than 75% of the community. So gotta do what must be done. I encourage everyone to bloat their signature until we get concencus and conformity from everyone.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    Christy likes this.