juggernauts

Discussion in 'Battle Bugs' started by poo, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Salty Snack

Salty Snack Captain

I write up so many OT reports due to "finger problem". Management doesn't even blink. 4 hours OT, at time and a half for 15 minutes, including travel time. I mix it up a bit with "keyboard interface error"
    But methinks we have hijacked this thread...

2. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Agreed, but read that link I put..start from the beginning....old school, but funny. And now back to the relevant topic of the post...move along, nothing to see here...

Salty Snack likes this.
  3. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

What I love is the system I work on is locked from all basic functions except for file manager, IE, and our proprietary software. IT will call up,
    "Hi, we heard you had a problem with the printer?"
    "I fixed it"
    "Oh?"
    "Yeah, you blocked me from removing printer drivers that were conflicting so I opened up file manager so I could open up the control panel and access the printer drivers. You guys should really limit the file manager if you don't want people accessing ALL of the files on the computers"
    "Uhhh..."
    "I have to go now there's a problem with the POS"

Salty Snack likes this.
  4. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Ahh the good old days..."sun spots", "Ionic interference", and my personal favorite, "sometimes the pixels get stuck, bang on the side of the monitor to speed up the internet" (yes I have said this)...

Gangrene Beard and Salty Snack like this.
  5. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

Banging on the side of the monitor totally works

6. Gristle

Gristle First Mate

Shhh don't tell my wife ...

Gangrene Beard likes this.
  7. Thanks for the info @Edward Kenway !
    I will look into this and get things sorted :)

8. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

@Gristle Now there's something I haven't seen in a while. BOFH was awesome, and anyone who found this thread mildly interesting needs to read them all.

I think there's an archive somewhere with a few BOFH-ish stories I created, as well. I used to do that sort of thing, along with a Kelani calls AOL series.

Gristle likes this.
  9. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

Excellent! :) and np:)

10. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Well, it is rare for me. Maybe this will help: I found that deploying a single jugg in a given location helps. Putting a little space and delay between each deployments makes each jugg take a slightly different path. This makes it unlikely that all will get stuck. If you deploy all of them in one spot, and they all go the same place, it'sl ikely if one gets stuck, they all will.

Also, I normally deploy juggs on 2-3 sides of an island. When I do, I'll drop one on each side, then repeat the process. That seems to help as well.

11. z1ggur4t

z1ggur4t Crew

I'll give it a crack with your suggested method but it kinda messes with my current troop deployment f'eng shui of the big long line across one edge of the base. the other thing I'm doing is using only 4 juggs and 6 brutes instead. is cheaper and less error prone.

12. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

No need to change your f'eng shui. :) Deploying in a big long line accomplishes the same thing. The thing to avoid is deploying all of them in a single spot, i.e. tap and hold.

13. Kings King Kong

Kings King Kong Powder Monkey

Admin please help fix juggernaut bug all day today my troops kept freezing after getting mortared. Lost because six of them froze even though they still had very high HP

14. Gangrene Beard

Gangrene Beard Commodore

It's being worked on @Kings King Kong The developers are quite aware of the problem and are working hard to fix it

15. z1ggur4t

z1ggur4t Crew

yeah I think we've beat this one to death now and just need to be patient. not my strong point...

16. Kings King Kong

Kings King Kong Powder Monkey

17. Floki

Floki Captain

Wow just watched 4 juggernaut stand there and waddle back and forth.......geeeee that attack failed like a mofo really annoying!

18. placo

placo Crew

I'm used to a frozen troop here and there but I just had 4 Frozen juggs and 4 frozen brutes and 1 frozen witch dr. Only my gunners worked normally. Has anyone else had that many frozen peeps?

19. Hajkja

Hajkja Crew

Jug just knocked down three walls whilst his mates moved on. It would have been fine but voodoo guy stayed with him to protect the wall bashing activity!

As all his mates made it through i have no idea what the walls had done to deserve this attention. Anyone else seen this?

20. Kelani

Kelani Commodore

Like I said before, if you tap and hold to deploy a stream of juggs in one spot, it's more likely they'll all get stuck. I always deploy juggs one at a time, and make sure to put each one a little bit away from the last one. After hundreds of raids, I've only had two juggs, and one WD get stuck. I can only assume my deploying method is what makes a difference.