Last Chance, Midoki

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lady blackbeard, Dec 30, 2016.

1. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

As I watch my friends leave or prepare to leave the game, I grow sad. It doesn't have to be like this!

Rally the crew with some encouraging news about the future of this game.

2. Calabiyau

Calabiyau Crew

I'm waiting for "the patch notes", they were talking about a landmark in the game, with important changes, but we are still waiting... I always said that the worst aspect of Midoki is the communication with the players. I'm tired of wait, everyday I see the forums waiting for some real news, but nothing happen. I don't want to leave, after all the time in the game...it's hard to me leave Plunder Pirates, but the game is abandoned, try to be positive at this point is discourage, the developers are disappear, they must be working in other projects, like Angry B., but not in Plunder Pirates.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  3. HollyMrsBooty

HollyMrsBooty First Mate

I am sorry <3

4. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

I want to remain positive and not just give up on the game or the developers.:) I know it takes time to develop new and different aspects of any game. We should give Midoki some time and a chance for some new changes in the coming year of 2017. After all patience is a virtue that we sometimes forget about!!:rolleyes:

5. peg-brain bob

peg-brain bob Captain

The patch notes were released: http://forum.plunderpirates.com/index.php?threads/release-2-8-update.11060/

For anyone who didn't understand - the "landmark" was that Midoki have taken full control and are now the self-publishers of their game! :) (Plunder Pirates now has no ties to Rovio).

The most noticeable changes were removal of Rovio loading screen & changed support email address. However there was another improvement - the ads are now under Midoki's control and they have been made MUCH more reliable! :)

As Chris said in the patch notes... most of the benefits of full control will come with future updates.

Happy New Year to all pirates who are patiently keeping the faith! :)

6. Mobotts

Mobotts Captain

Tiger Lily, I love your positivity. I think that so many people get so impatient they forget that this is a game, something we do for fun and not something to stress over. The change of removing Rovio has been a positive one, so I am confident that those at Midoki will not let us down

7. Tiger Lilly

Tiger Lilly Captain

@Mobotts...thank you!:) I think it's important to be positive and patient. Getting upset and frustrated never solves anything, it only seems to hinder.:rolleyes: The world wasn't made in day so we should all give Midoki a chance to create positive changes for the game!!

Mobotts and peg-brain bob like this.
  8. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

This happens with every game as it grows and then grows old. How it ages is the question that can only be answered by the developer. The developer player communcation relationship is always a tenuous give and take.

Recent other game examples can show how caustic it can become (take No Man's Sky for instance). It can completely make or kill a game's future (take Destiny for instance). Fortunately we have not seen the backlash of No Mans yet and hopefully Midoki will take a cue from the Destiny playbook and start showing some teasers. Drop a simple hint like Rockstar did recently with the Red Dead Redemption twitter tease. It went totally viral off a simple picutre.

So it is up to you Midoki. How do you want to play it? There is an endless ever growing line of games that are vying for our attention. Squirrel! Oh shiny! The shark appears to be starting to circle. Do you let the game jump that shark or do you show us the carrot dangling at the end of the stick?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  9. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

No news is not good news. They really should make some kind of an announcement very very soon.

I am incredibly patient but you have to give me something for which I need to be patient or it is all speculation and wasted time. Nobody likes wasting their time and more so nobody appreciates others wasting their time. The solution is simple to minimize this situation.

10. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Here are some direct questions for Midoki:

"Will rumbles be modified so they cannot be won by a person or persons that just gems more battles that the other teams?" When and how?
    "Will matching for rumbles ever be more balanced?" How?
    "Will there be a inter-guild competition not based on gemming to win?" When and what?
    "Will the silo get an upgrade?" When and how much?
    "Will the availability of BP increase?" When and how?
    "Will streaks be changed?" When and how?
    "Will there be any additional events?" What?

These answers would help a lot of people I know make a decision to continue or leave. I posted just a brief subset of my personal questions to make my decision.

11. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

@Super-Nor in response to:
    "Will rumbles be modified so they cannot be won by a person or persons that just gems more battles that the other teams?" When and how?
    "Will there be a inter-guild competition not based on gemming to win?" When and what?

Why exactly would Midoki consider doing this? Are you in essence asking them to change their entire business model?

12. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

Midoki is no longer associated with Rovio, which means that there is no focus on ab, and unless they have a ton of unannounced projects, plunder pirates is Midokis only app, and therefore their only focus. This makes me hopeful

13. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

No it was made in 7 :p

14. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

Some people, like myself, would like a different inter guild competition that is not routinely won by the guild that spends the most money.

Some people, unlike myself, are completely content with the only form of guild versus guild events being pay to win. Since rumbling has always been this way I have little hope it will change.

I find rumbling as it exists right now to be a stupid waste of time, but it is all we have to rally the guild and work together toward a goal. Even with the teambuilding possibility this whale will stop rumbling after this week and go beach myself until something changes. And I assume the more I stay away from the game the easier it will be to continue without it. My daily distraction seems to have run its course.

15. Bjays92

Bjays92 Captain

There has always been rumour that some type of new guild competition will eventually come. When is the question

16. Morgan Ford

Morgan Ford First Mate

Let us not be naive. This is a pay to play game. So is Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, World of Tanks, Compass Point West, Vikings, etc, etc. Even if they do launch some sort of no gem rumble scenario the slow boat upgrader will still continue lose to the guy that bought his base with gems. It is just the way it works with pay to play games. And regardless, almost all video games run their course in time. You can always just go back playing solitaire if you are that tired of losing as a none-percenter. Face the facts. Midoki is in this to make money. It is the way it always has been and that is not going to change anytime soon.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Tiger Lilly and Mobotts like this.
  17. Super-Nor

Super-Nor Captain

I don't have a problem paying to speed up builds or to recruit faster. I have a problem with a "competition" where a single team member can just buy a win.

In CoC, folks can opt out and each competitor gets a limited number of battles. Seems fair. I spent a some cash there before deciding the upgrade grind was too painful.

In Boom Beach teams work together to complete "operations", one battle each. Those are very nice and rally the team to work together. I have only bought a little gems here to compensate for my CoC overspending and just play it slow.

I don't know and will never know those other games, but I have spent by far the most money on any single game in my life on PP so I hang around hoping it will get better, but I simply cannot be a playing in the buy-a-win game any more. Those that gem build times only get ahead for a few months and I can live with that when I decide to take it slow.

The questions I posted are primarily with what I am concerned for my immediate future in the game. I hope Midoki has their own ideas that go beyond those things. At this time it looks like I will pretty much be done with pay to play, but I guess that is what happens after so long. I was just more resilient with this rumble nonsense for the sake of my group than I should have been in hindsight.

18. BBBD3000

BBBD3000 Powder Monkey

I've said it before in other threads about this game's decline, but for an additional aspect to the game, they should look at Transformers: Earth Wars weekly (yes, every single weekend) events.

There are individual events where prizes are awarded for points earned, team events that work the same way, and team events that also award extra prizes based on the team's rank in the event compared to others.

19. lady blackbeard

lady blackbeard Captain

The silence from Midoki is telling. My days of supporting this game are over.

Calabiyau likes this.
  20. Fil

Fil Captain

These questions have all been answered in one way or another or the answer is simply obvious. I added numbers to your questions for ease of answering:

1. No
    2. Maybe if there are ever enough guilds to make the matching work, otherwise get ready for week long wait times or more if you want your definition of fair.
    3. Someday, if we are lucky its 2017
    4. When the new LP and PH levels come out is a good guess
    5. Unlikely, why should it?
    6. For what purpose? Making them harder will just make less people do them, meaning less gems spent, meaning its not gonna happen. Making them easier or allowing people to fund perks, chat etc would also reduce the gems used. Its a reward for players who spend money and an encouragement for people to spend money, like buying chests but different
    7. They have said yes they have also said future events would be guild based as well. Doubt more comes out until they are close to a finished product or this forum will be inundated daily with people asking about them.

Dont get me wrong, the game is in an incredibly sad state, my gems are depleting and im having a very hard time justifying buying more, they are overpriced to buy and overpriced to use. Like many people i know Im hanging on hoping that something worthwhile comes out before i delete the app. I and many others stopped being here for the game long ago and are here right now for the people. But constantly asking the same questions when you know all too well that past answers arent changing and new answers arent coming is pointless.