Laughing Skulls vs Active Hope

Discussion in 'Rumbles' started by roguecylon, Aug 20, 2015.

1. As all member know we did use some gems that were accumulated with our 84 wins but $$$ spend in our rumbles is not permitted yes some of our members don't listen & we all love the challenge but we will never compete with deep pockets we will however push u into spending now get out the basement & give that credit card back to parents

2. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Pirates have never been known for showing class. Glad to see the pirate tradition is alive and well in some guilds.

Plunder on!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  3. thomssi

thomssi First Mate

So you have access to all guild members credit card transactions to check none are to apple.

Interesting.....

Can someone lock this waste of bandwidth please.

Skye likes this.
  4. Bou Regreg

Bou Regreg First Mate

When I first joined and read through the forums there were many comments about the better teams and the better players. Generally these came from opposing guilds and players complimenting their opponents, but there was also lots of discussions about play style and island designs. Through out my reading, LS came up occasionally but always at the periphery and in a mild manner sort of way but always with the caveat that you should watch out for them. Then along comes Active Hope, full of boast and bluster. Touting themselves as the gods' chosen in the pp-verse... So I am happy with the result. I thank LS for helping me keep this game afloat when I cannot afford to. I thank LS for showing that being mild mannered does not mean you are week. I thank LS for giving me a good laugh.

All I ask is if I meet LS in a rumble that they give my guild a chance to get second place.

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm sure AH has bought plenty of wins as well.

My gemless record is about 500bp, it seems like many of your players averaged under 100 for the rumble, given how many fought for 1k+, which surprised me - I didn't think you guys had any low activity (or shallow wallet as you seem to consider them) players.

To pull off 1kbp, you need maybe $2 in gems, to pull off 2kbp you likely need about $5 in gems (at the 100 gems per dollar rate of the $5 package), if you're battling for bp rather than having bp accumulate as a sideproduct of farming wall gold. Thats not exactly buying a win, I'm sure $5 is pocket change to many players here, especially given the scores we've seen you manage in the past. Yeah doing it daily would add up, but its a hell of a lot cheaper than going to a bar, and I certainly wouldn't imply that was being a credit card warrior or they needed tons of cash to accomplish it.

If you're looking for deep pockets to accuse someone of buying a win, look at the top ten leaderboard for people with everything(including walls) maxed without having dropped rank to farm - it takes 1446 gems per wall to buy enough gold to get from lv 11 to lv 13, lets say 1500 for quick math, around 1500 gems for the resources for each defense upgrade, and another 1500 gems for each speedup needed. For the new GP levels and legendary fort lv 3, its around 2500 gems for the gold for each, although the speedups on legendary fort and silo are a little cheaper. This totals out to at least $1500 in gems at the 20k gems per $100 rate. And I have beaten them/their guild every single time I've encountered them in a rumble!

LS certainly isn't "buying" wins at all if you look at how much some players are spending. $5 on gems here or there to fight extra battles for bp is absolutely nothing.

What I was (correctly) predicting was good sportsmanship from LS, and bad sportsmanship from a bitter few over at AH. I was expecting it to be blamed on the update however, so bringing money, which you certainly also spent, into it is a shock to me, and a bit hypocritical.

Congrats again Spongee, and congrats all members of LS, and the members in AH that play honorably. I'm sorry a few bad apples are poor sports and are ruining the image of your guild - perhaps you should consider a mutinee and opt for better leadership :) Otherwise, maybe the much more venerable @Apple could help teach you how a proper apple should act!

cmooneey, roguecylon, thomssi and 3 others like this.
  6. roguecylon

roguecylon Captain

As an outsider now I find this bloody humorous. First off there is no "buying" of rumbles, that is farcical, there is active participation, and maximum allowable participation as set by Midoki. No one in their right minds would say that they prefer to spend gems on rumbles rather than a cheaper method, in fact I haven't found a person yet who has said "after rumbling for 24 hrs with 150%, I would love to do that again". Rumbles that are highly competitive wear people out. The Royal Rumble had the effect of several PU members leaving, and LS taking a week break from rumbles. They can like any competitive game, put you through hell and back.

If Midoki sets the rules and says you have 24hrs and you can rush troops as you like, then there is no mechanism in place to moderate the use of gems. I'm willing to bet many of these non-gem wins involved a little finagle of gems to ensure wins that looked "fair". It's the nature of the beast when there is no real moderation of such competitions. Further you can't say you have this champion horse but he should only run on three legs because he's faster than everyone else. That is a complete joke.

Knowing Laughing Skulls they are highly competitive. They like challenges. That is what it takes to battle all comers. They didn't run and hide when PU prepared a guild taking from their entire fleet of guilds. They were ready to give it their best shot, as was PU. That made an epic rumble that was only ruined by poor programming on Midokis part.

Where AH has missed the boat:
    - they came from obscurity to having a great winning record, and claimed they would take on all. Yet they then avoided LS like the plague, even changing their rumble time. Other guilds wanted to see this rumble happen, so furnished LS with the likely new rumble times.
    - AH have cried foul, and shown a huge amount of immaturity. Something that certainly didn't happen when other guilds lost to them. Shameful.
    - AH has missed the boat on showing anything that would be credited as positive by other guilds. That basically takes away from all the hard work some of their competitive players shown in the past. All respect has been lost.

It's sad that what could have been a great rumble ended up as a debacle of immaturity. No one will remember this little skirmish in weeks to come.

Pot meet kettle.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    Bear and Skye like this.
  7. Johan Hegg

Johan Hegg Powder Monkey

Not a LS score but we hold our own. I wish they would have the ra[​IMG]nking as an average instead of last rumble.

Skye likes this.
  8. Skye

Skye Commodore

Nice fight DeathShadow! Very impressive.

9. I agree very nice rumble I congratulate deathshadow on their victory I love all the attention Active Hope gets I will not respond to all the BS but where was all the scuttlebutt when we took them down the first 3 times ,,,lol again nicelly done deathshadow I wouldn have wanted to loose 4 times to us either , oh some one said minis lmao our lowest PH is a PH6 deathshadow what's ur oh ph 2

10. [​IMG] 8/17 for all the gossiping

11. [​IMG] 8/16 for some more info

12. [​IMG] 6/17 how can u possibly even think blow smoke blow it that way there is ur gossip girls & boys

13. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Smokey, I see you trying to be nice and stuff, but if you're gonna acknlodge our minis, I'd kindly like to tell you that we are open to all PH levels and that, looking at stats, our minis did as much work as our higher level PH did. So you are unfortunately wrong to think that we won the battle cheaply through the use of minis, as we did not use them the wrong ways at all. You can check our team scores to see if we played fair and how are minis played out.

14. Skillzone10

Skillzone10 Captain

Smokey, we won this rumble fairly and your extraordinary guild has won rumbles against us. We never said anything about your guild playing cheap or you not beating us. We are just sharing our joy with the Plunder Pirates community over winning a rumble that meant a lot to us. So why don't you let us enjoy this little celebration instead of bragging about how you have beat us in the past and accusing us of not winning fairly. We still respect your guild and acknowledge you are one of the top rumbling guilds. The DeathShadow are getting stronger, and we will be happy to face you again. Only, keeping your comments in mind, I'll be sure to encourage the team to try even harder. I appreciate you responding, just let us have our fun and be respectful.

awbo likes this.
  15. Oh no not knocking ur guild u guys did awesome just some one out there saying we pulled our minis out nah we here require ph6 or better

16. Skye

Skye Commodore

I certainly saw some PH4/5 in that video of your lineup.

17. I'd suggest you take a good look we have & will not have anything under PH 6 enjoy your Sunday

18. Deathshadow did an awesome job I tip my hat again to your guild it's not cool to loose to a guild four times you deserve the win & you guys put up a hell of a fight we all had fun overhere hope you enjoyed it as much as we did back to the open seas till we meet another scuddlebut guild

19. Shark Bait

Shark Bait First Mate

Scuddlebutt? Think I've seen that word used more in the past 15 minutes than I have my entire life. We should rename Ole Smokey to Ole Scuddlebutt. From this point forward, I bestow the name Ole Shuddlebutt upon Ole Smokey.

Congrats to DeathShadow for beating Ole Scuddlebutt and the Active Cowards.

20. Lmao I love it