Legendary Pirates: A Players Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bear, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Bear

Bear Commodore

No problem

2. MorganFlint

MorganFlint Captain

Correction under Trade Ship / Legends tab - double '1 to deploy them'. You have this info listed correctly elsewhere, but I think this should say "It uses 1 stamina to deploy them, and 1 if they get killed in battle (or island defense).

Also, the only time I've seen and needed to use the "recover" button is when a LP gets exhausted defending the island. They seem to auto-rest when they are exhausted offensively.

Thanks for compiling all this information Bear!

3. Bear

Bear Commodore

When you auto rehire troops after a battle where your LP was exhausted, the message changes asking if you want to rehire troops and recover your LP. That's why the gem cost jumps to 300 something gems

4. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Incidentally, this is changing next update, with the Legendary Pirates being split out from the instant rehire option - if your Legendary Pirate gets exhausted after a battle, you will be able to swap them for another Legendary there and then, rather than forking out the full recovery cost alongside instantly rehiring your crew.

MorganFlint, c00ni and Bear like this.
  5. LYM

LYM Captain

Great effort on this, is there a wiki page

6. Bear

Bear Commodore

I'm actually working on a wiki, along with some other players. It's not ready just yet.

7. Bear

Bear Commodore

Oh. This will be nice!

8. CerealKillerBowl

CerealKillerBowl Powder Monkey

you still need ching shih

9. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

When pirates are under Ching Shih's "Get over here" can they also benefit from there own special ability? Say Skelly's are following Ching and you activate Get Over Here, can you also activate the Skelly's special ability at the same time or can they only use one ability at once? I know the game will let you, I'm just curious if the abilities do in fact double up.

10. Bear

Bear Commodore

They do.

TBaggins likes this.
  11. AquaZero

AquaZero Powder Monkey

yea they definitly do i love gunners and ching so much destruction

TBaggins likes this.
  12. Skye

Skye Commodore

I'm personally a fan of having ching grab a group of 6 hg and having them mow all the defenses down before they make it in targeting range. Between the boost from her ability and metal storm, bunkers drop before they can get any shots out, nevermind the weaker defenses with shorter ranges :)

awbo likes this.
  13. Lynsey [Midoki]

Lynsey [Midoki] Senior Designer Staff Member

Details of materials used by Black Bart, Caesar, Captain Tinto, Jeanne de Berry, Sadie the Goat and Greenbeard:

Black Bart: Elegant Emerald, Shark Tooth, Crocodile Tears

Caesar: Mystical Opal, Gunpowder

Sadie the Goat: Serpent Skull, Giant Squid Ink, Haunted Sapphire

Greenbeard: Atlantean Aquamarine, Giant Squid Ink

Jeanne de Berry: Shark Tooth, Shimmering Pearl

Captain Tinto: Cursed Peridot, Voodoo Mask

14. HornyQuokka

HornyQuokka Captain

Thx a lot for the info, its very much appreciated!

15. Scar Face

Scar Face Crew

Thanks for the great info! Is there information available on how much the materials are quoted for each level of training? With many of struggling and juggling with space in our silos, it would be helpful to know the quandaries we need to hold onto. Thanks again!

16. falafel

falafel Powder Monkey

What do Bart and Greenbeard do?

17. Beck [Midoki]

Beck [Midoki] Designer Staff Member

Great question @falafel, Black Bart has the ability to draw fire and also get back up after being knocked out. He also increases hit points of walls and other defences across your island. Greenbeard has an AOE mortar attack and increases HP of the mortars on your island, plus their damage.

@Scar Face I can give you a rough idea of costs, there's too much info to write here for each level for each LP (perhaps someone can add to the guide) but I can tell you for example that the starting levels cost less than 10 of the material for that pirate, whereas the highest levels might cost around 50 per level.

thelastfallen likes this.
  18. Scar Face

Scar Face Crew

@Beck [Midoki] one of our guild members has already compiled a list of the materials and quantities needed for each level of every LP that has already been released. Since we are short of silo space but also want to keep on hand the materials required for training at each level for the LPs that have not been released. Please

Lady O'maley likes this.
  19. Skye

Skye Commodore

They should be on par with the quantities required for other LP I'd imagine.

I believe most common LP need about 25 stacks of common material and about 10 stacks of rare material to fully level them, going off a quick glance at Boomer and Mack.

20. Beck [Midoki]

Beck [Midoki] Designer Staff Member

Did you mean to finish that sentence ? :)