Legendary Pirates: A Players Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bear, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Skye

Skye Commodore

I imagine the second map will have considerably more BP from monsters.

2. awbo

awbo Captain

Yay! Come on new map!

3. One-Eyed Willy

One-Eyed Willy First Mate

I wonder if there is any particular legendary pirate who is the most fearsome, or if they each perform equally powerful abilities.

4. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Powder Monkey

LP's have other abilities than the ones listed. For instance, Annabelle is listed as having the ability to slow down defences. But she also has the ability to move around by teleportation, and she heals pirates around her. Mack moves by rope gun.

Could somebody list the full abilities of all LPs? Please?

Also, I chose Romeo at start, but I find that he is worthless. Is there any way of getting rid of an LP to free up cells for new pirates?

5. Skye

Skye Commodore

We don't know the abilities on many of the LPs still. The abilities listed are form the special attack, and the defensive buffs. I'm sure bear would be willing to add a short description outlining other qualities of the pirates as we get them.

There is no way to get rid of any LP, but as long as you are PH6 or above, you can upgrade to the maximum level fort, and you will have a cell for every LP that has been released. No more than 6 will be released before we get a new fort upgrade added to the game, so there is no concern about cell space, unless you're a low PH level and can't get the later fort upgrades. You may need to be PH7 for the next level of the fort when it is added though.

Almost all LP will be relatively worthless when you get them - you're getting PH4 level pirates! You need to upgrade them before you can really claim any are good or bad and really tell how useful each one is. If you had a PH4 gunner at PH9, it would be pretty terrible in comparison too!

Cap'n Greenbeard likes this.
  6. Blackfoot

Blackfoot Powder Monkey

Thank you for your reply. I understand that all LPs can be formidable when built up, but my point was that some, like Annabelle, are awesome right from start, and it would be a pity to let a useful one go while keeping Romeo.

Anyway I am building up all my LPs although it is proving difficult to finding a common material like voodoo masks. No merchant or kraken that I attacked carried any so far.

The defensive buffs are worse at start. Take Romeo: He increases the damage done by cannons by 1% . Well, my level 14 cannons do 42 damage. That makes the actual damage come out as 42.42 points! If I were at PH4 the effect would be even more negligible. He can be built up to add 11% so at some point the effect could be noticed. Romeo also adds 1% to the walls which in my case comes out as +48 which is not really impressive. The stone mason adds +100 right from the start. Romeo can be built up to +9%, so again, at some point it will be noticed.

7. Skye

Skye Commodore

1% might only seem like a little bit, but its usually enough to make most troops take an extra hit to destroy it (look at my wall calculator, it calculates hits to destroy with and without the buff). Max bombers don't take an extra hit on a max wall with sm4 until 3%, but most other troops do at only 1%.

Yeah one hit isn't a ton, and its probably not going to make or break most battles, but it could be enough to let all your defenses get one extra shot off before your walls are breached, since fire speed on defenses is about the same as attack speed on most troops.

Consider how slow brutes/juggs are at attacking, and think about how long that extra one hit might take them, especially with stuns and mortars knocking them around. Trap a jugg with a walled off mine, and thats another 2 seconds until it can break out that your defenses can be whittling it down.

Yeah, in most battles 1% won't swing things very much, and at the start if you're at a higher ph level most legendaries won't be great immediately on offense (soaking up an extra 1k damage is still nice though). But if you're a high enough PH that the legendary's stats are low compared to your pirates and seem worthless, you should be able to buy both fort upgrades and hold them all anyways - there's no reason to hold off on them at that point. I can assure you at PH4, their stats are marvelous compared to the rest of your army at the time.

8. REDTiGER

REDTiGER Powder Monkey

Can someone write upgrades tree for Romeo Boomer?

9. Bl00dBaTh

Bl00dBaTh Captain

There's already a thread with all the upgrades for each pirate.

10. Skye

Skye Commodore

There's a list of upgrade costs in OP, but I haven't seen one that lists the new bonus from each upgrade. Maybe Bear would add it, but it seems like a lot of work.

11. REDTiGER

REDTiGER Powder Monkey

This what I had meant. I'm interested only in defensive skills what first, what second, third etc. and in what %s.

12. crash477

crash477 Powder Monkey

The epic skin of Blackbeard costs 2500 gems, i can buy it this weekend. The BP-Skin is 5k BP for me.

13. Ultimate Sea Dog

Ultimate Sea Dog First Mate

Bicorne Bombshell and Glad Rags is 250 gems.
    Bandit is 2.5M grog
    Thistle is 2M gold
    The Protector is 5K BP
    Oh, Mr. Darcy is 2.5M grog? Not sure
    Heart of Glass is 2M gold
    Hail to the Chef is 750 gems

That's all I know.

14. Skye

Skye Commodore

Capt Drowns likes this.
  15. @SpongeCake has been compiling an outfit list as well, I'm not sure if he has passed it along to bear or spongee yet.

Also don't discount Romeo folks, he's fairly easy to upgrade and I'm already finding use for him. LVL8 provides a 4% boost to all island cannon, no matter proximity to the LF. Worth it. :D

16. Bear

Bear Commodore

Yeah. Boomer is my main defensive LP

Capt Drowns likes this.
  17. Skye

Skye Commodore

Since I can't edit my outfit post anymore I'm going to move this to a new thread.

18. Bear

Bear Commodore

Don't! Just start a private message with me. I'll explain.

19. Bear

Bear Commodore

Updated the outfit section. Credit @Skye for compiling the information.

20. TBaggins

TBaggins First Mate

I envy my grandchildren. When I pass my account on to them, they may actually know what a max'd out Legendary Pirate is like...

Cocobean likes this.