Loot system Broken/inaccurate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sommiez, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Havel

Havel Powder Monkey

The loot drop percentage is actually... Aliens.

2. Edward Kenway

Edward Kenway Captain

[​IMG]

3. Razor

Razor Crew

I get it now, thanks guys :)

4. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

It's Like This One You Get 50% But All Of Them Combined Turns Into 20% Of Loot Combined In Your Base

5. ok, i know this topic has moved on from this calculation (based on Chris' explination) and i'm probably exposing myself as a complete idiot here, but how is 124,244k 20% of 496,976k? 496,976 * .2 = 99,395k right? By my admittedly poor math skills isn't 124,244k 20% of 621,220k?

6. Sommiez

Sommiez Crew

Hmm that's what I thought

7. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

How Explain It To Me Bc That's 40%

8. what is 40% of what?

9. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

124.244 k isn't 20 % of 621.220k

10. Sommiez

Sommiez Crew

Type 20 percent of 621k in Google, it's 124k... So the loot is inaccurate after all, amd we are offering too much

11. SirVin

SirVin First Mate

You Say That I Don't

12. might i ask what 20% of 621,220k is by chance?

13. Sommiez

Sommiez Crew

It's 121 k....

14. Sommiez

Sommiez Crew

So we are offering more than 20%, so they should have stolen 99k instead of 121k

15. Googoogal

Googoogal Powder Monkey

Hi Sommiez, the 20% cap is based on the maximum capacity that can be stored in your storage and generators (i.e. when they are filled right to the brim and at its maximum out). So it is entirely possible for more than 20% of your gold in your generators and storage (at the point of plunder) to be stolen.

16. i was rather hoping to hear from SirVin on this one. His answer could have pretty substantial financial impacts on me since as a rule i tend to tip 20% when i go out for dinner and if i have been getting it wrong i could get some great costs savings going forward!

17. Sommiez

Sommiez Crew

Hi Googoogal
    Don't you think that's abit too much? 20percent on the amount of loot for the up currency of this game?
    E.g from clash of clans, is that rule applied from plunder pirates, if a storage held 8m resource and when they got raided, 2m were stolen, that's heaps in my opinion.. And it's very hard to farm and keep losing and makes it frustrating.

18. i tend to agree with your assessment. in samurai siege it was a flat 20% at all times, which in later stages of the game was very punitive on defense since you just couldn't log off when you had lots of loot else you would risk losing a large proportion of it. in this game it is actually more punitive than samurai siege since you can be looted for 50% until 50% is more than 20% of the total storage capacity. so taking that 8 mill total storage the 20% cap wouldn't even fully take effect until you had 3.2 million since prior to that the attackers would be taking 50%. losing 1.5 million when you have 3 million in storage is not gonna be fun.

the one benefit here is that defense seems to be stronger than offence which wasn't the case in samurai siege. in siege a skilled player would just about always get your loot, here it doesn't seem to be as definitive.

@Googoogal how is that 20% distributed when you have differing levels of storage? is it proportional by capacity as compared to total?

19. Sommiez

Sommiez Crew

The defence can vary, 5 brutes plus 5 juggs and rest gunners can wipe a whole base.. And I have seen so many three star on top bases :/

20. Googoogal

Googoogal Powder Monkey

Thanks for your thoughts guys :)

@TimTheEnchanter the 20% is per individual storage basis. For example, say you have one level 4 storage and one level 5 storage but during the fight, only the level 5 storage was plundered - the attacker would be able to steal up to 25% of whatever resource is in your storage at that point of time but capped at 20% of the maximum capacity of that level 5 storage.